Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1082881 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r0
« Reply #2010 on: January 24, 2015, 02:08:49 pm »

why wasnt there communication with Toady prior to release of .24? to prevent month long delays in the releasing of utilities..are you guys not on speaking terms anymore?

Yeah, there was never communication with Toady prior to any release.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: January 24, 2015, 02:11:56 pm »

I'm testing on Windows, seems to work well enough. Plugins "search", "sort", "strangemood" and "zone" have missing globals.
Are you sure those are the only ones with missing globals (not just the only ones visible in the console)?
Those are the ones visible in the console. I didn't test anything except what gets loaded by default.
Have you tried scrolling up?

why wasnt there communication with Toady prior to release of .24? to prevent month long delays in the releasing of utilities..are you guys not on speaking terms anymore?
I found addresses for OS X and Linux a few weeks or so ago. We were waiting for some Windows offsets, which I don't know how to find and have no way to test.
Also, I sometimes hear about releases before they happen from Toady (or when he's planning another long release cycle). That doesn't help memory research at all, as it requires an actual executable.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:15:04 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meneth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: January 24, 2015, 02:24:33 pm »

Have you tried scrolling up?
Yes, those are the ones visible when the dfhack window is scrolled to the top. Did you expect more plugins to have problems?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: January 24, 2015, 03:34:40 pm »

I found addresses for OS X and Linux a few weeks or so ago. We were waiting for some Windows offsets, which I don't know how to find and have no way to test.
Also, I sometimes hear about releases before they happen from Toady (or when he's planning another long release cycle). That doesn't help memory research at all, as it requires an actual executable.

Would it even help to have Toady export some debugging report from his compiler to catalog the offsets?  At some level, Toady's compiler already knows where everything is.  Obviously he's under no obligation to help, but it's a much much simpler thing than the API idea that keeps coming up from time to time.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: January 24, 2015, 03:36:15 pm »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: January 24, 2015, 04:04:42 pm »

Would it even help to have Toady export some debugging report from his compiler to catalog the offsets?  At some level, Toady's compiler already knows where everything is.  Obviously he's under no obligation to help, but it's a much much simpler thing than the API idea that keeps coming up from time to time.

Toady's been burned by things like this before (though not really with any real effects, AFAIK).

It was a long time ago, but the topic's still around, so I figure it shouldn't be too odd to link to it. You may understand why Toady is wary of releasing too much.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: January 24, 2015, 04:14:18 pm »

Toady's been burned by things like this before (though not really with any real effects, AFAIK).

It was a long time ago, but the topic's still around, so I figure it shouldn't be too odd to link to it. You may understand why Toady is wary of releasing too much.
Can't wade through 23 pages of posts, but since DFHack is still here I'm assuming Toady is okay with it.

There are two distinct questions: (1) Is it simple for Toady to generate the dubug info at compile-time, and (2) Would this be helpful to the DFHack folks?  You need a "Hell yes!" to both of those before even broaching the subject with him.  Whatever the report is, it will almost certainly be shared privately with hand-picked people.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2017 on: January 24, 2015, 04:41:47 pm »

Can't wade through 23 pages of posts, but since DFHack is still here I'm assuming Toady is okay with it.

There are two distinct questions: (1) Is it simple for Toady to generate the dubug info at compile-time, and (2) Would this be helpful to the DFHack folks?  You need a "Hell yes!" to both of those before even broaching the subject with him.  Whatever the report is, it will almost certainly be shared privately with hand-picked people.

Full debug info would make reverse-engineering very easy - something that Toady doesn't want (and we don't need). We need only data structures, and I don't know how to export them alone.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: January 24, 2015, 04:46:36 pm »

Full debug info would make reverse-engineering very easy - something that Toady doesn't want (and we don't need). We need only data structures, and I don't know how to export them alone.
That answers my question... so it's hard to export something useful without giving away everything.  That's a shame.
Just got back, updating:

Seluin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: January 24, 2015, 06:20:09 pm »

Has start_dwarf_count not been located yet for 40.24-r0? I know it never was on 40.23. It's not working for me on Windows.
I am having so much Fun.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: January 24, 2015, 06:24:52 pm »

Has start_dwarf_count not been located yet for 40.24-r0? I know it never was on 40.23. It's not working for me on Windows.
It's been located on OS X and Linux. I tried to locate it on Windows, but the script to do so seems to break when analyzing the 0.40.24 Windows (SDL) executable.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: January 24, 2015, 09:04:24 pm »

It's been located on OS X and Linux. I tried to locate it on Windows, but the script to do so seems to break when analyzing the 0.40.24 Windows (SDL) executable.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. Hopefully it can be found on 40.25 cause that's what I'm looking most forward to.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: January 24, 2015, 09:09:48 pm »

More likely 0.41.01 than 0.40.25.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: January 24, 2015, 10:22:09 pm »

Hmmm, wasn't there a script to make someone into a citizen?

I reclaimed a fort with the intention of forcing moods and then retiring it to grab the artifact loot and play with it as an adventurer, but didn't remember to change the civ to the one that lost the fort, so the baroness and two consorts (? kinky) were marked as hostile but weren't doing anything. All I could think was "if I can convert them I'll get three more artifacts out of the fort!" but can't remember if I was just imagining there being a recent script for it. Something like makeown maybe?

I ended up doing it by hand with gm-editor (civ id, pop id, and cultural id swapped to the same ones as my dorfs, and set resident under flags2 to false, they show up in the unit list normally and such, though I had to add in material/item preferences as well to make them useful for mood forcing) but I could swear there was an easier way than that.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: January 24, 2015, 10:40:53 pm »

tweak makeown?

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 360