Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083459 times)

Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r3
« Reply #2820 on: June 21, 2015, 03:02:50 am »

How can I use dfhack to change attributes or attribute caps for my adventurer?

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: June 21, 2015, 04:15:14 am »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User:Vjek

You can use the elevate mental and the elevate physical scrips. copy paste into a txt file and rename them into x.lua (x being what ever you want). the when in game type x into dfhack and it will raise them to their max vanilla values.

I am not entirely sure but i think you can get them a lot high but i have no idea how.
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: June 21, 2015, 04:45:14 am »

Easier than that, save these pages as the appropriate .lua in hack/scripts.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1339319/df_scripts/40.08/elevate_physical.lua
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1339319/df_scripts/40.08/elevate_mental.lua

Quote from: vjek
elevate_mental

This script will adjust all the mental attributes of a single dwarf from whatever they currently are to the value 2600. While 2600 is not the maximum, it's very high, and you'll find this is high enough for most common activities. To adjust this value, pass the new value to the script as an argument. For example: 'elevate_mental 2700' This script can also be used to LOWER all the mental attributes of a particular dwarf. Use 'elevate_mental 200' for example. Yes, I know, it's not really "elevating" if you're lowering a value, but meh, the name is the name, change it if you want.

elevate_physical

This script will adjust all the physical attributes of a single dwarf from whatever they currently are to the value 2600. This value can also be changed by passing an argument to the script such as 'elevate_physical 3000' to adjust them all to 3000 instead of 2600. As with the elevate_mental script, this script can also be used to LOWER all the physical attributes of a particular dwarf. . I have had the need to do this, for example, with pesky nobles who insist on beating the hell out of their fellow dwarves. Not so easy to beat someone with a strength of 10, now is it?! Hee hee.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 04:47:10 am by Max™ »
« Reply #2823 on: June 21, 2015, 05:45:52 am »

How would I change the max value of my attributes? Do I have to edit the raw objects file for an entire race or can I do it through dfhack? Also, is it possible to just increase my attribute past the max value with the .lua files given above?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: June 21, 2015, 05:49:04 am »

unit.body.physical_attrs

unit.status.current_soul.mental_attrs

use gui/gm-editor to access your unit to find those

that's pretty much it
« Reply #2825 on: June 21, 2015, 06:58:53 am »

unit.body.physical_attrs

unit.status.current_soul.mental_attrs

use gui/gm-editor to access your unit to find those

that's pretty much it

Uhh...Duhhh...I don't comply. I'm a blockhead when comes to pretty much anything related to codes or computers unless a very specific step-to-step guide was given. So...care to explain again in simple english?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: June 21, 2015, 07:08:48 am »

Run gui/gm-editor with a unit selected, then navigate to those fields (e.g. status > current_soul > mental_attrs or body > physical_attrs - you can press "s" to search for these). I'm not sure what's contained there - if gm-editor displays skill names, finding the ones you're interested in should be simple enough, but it's possible that it doesn't (in which case you'd need to figure out the skill ID's that you're interested in manually, or set all of them to large values).

Edit: did you try the scripts Max linked to above? Those worked in 0.40.08, and I don't remember the structures they use changing since then, so they would probably work.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 10:21:10 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Lightningy

• Bay Watcher
  • MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: June 21, 2015, 08:33:34 am »

Easier than that, save these pages as the appropriate .lua in hack/scripts.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1339319/df_scripts/40.08/elevate_physical.lua
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1339319/df_scripts/40.08/elevate_mental.lua

Quote from: vjek
elevate_mental

This script will adjust all the mental attributes of a single dwarf from whatever they currently are to the value 2600. While 2600 is not the maximum, it's very high, and you'll find this is high enough for most common activities. To adjust this value, pass the new value to the script as an argument. For example: 'elevate_mental 2700' This script can also be used to LOWER all the mental attributes of a particular dwarf. Use 'elevate_mental 200' for example. Yes, I know, it's not really "elevating" if you're lowering a value, but meh, the name is the name, change it if you want.

elevate_physical

This script will adjust all the physical attributes of a single dwarf from whatever they currently are to the value 2600. This value can also be changed by passing an argument to the script such as 'elevate_physical 3000' to adjust them all to 3000 instead of 2600. As with the elevate_mental script, this script can also be used to LOWER all the physical attributes of a particular dwarf. . I have had the need to do this, for example, with pesky nobles who insist on beating the hell out of their fellow dwarves. Not so easy to beat someone with a strength of 10, now is it?! Hee hee.

You literally just told him to do the same thing as i told him

« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 08:36:46 am by Lightningy »
'What is life?', you ask. Fundamentally life is the apotheosis of pointlessness. We live to multiple. But what for? The Endless cycle of carnage pulls hardest on the furthest victim. An inescapable fate; one no one wants but we all desire. The more immoral we become the more ideal we are. A perverse oxymoron. We who live unencumbered but are the most burdened. We fight but at the end it is all for naught, as in life there are no winners; only the undistinguished.

GENERATION 29:
Copy and add 1.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: June 21, 2015, 10:20:10 am »

Saving the files directly isn't quite the same as copying them into a text file and renaming them.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: June 21, 2015, 02:13:02 pm »

I think the teleport command should do that, but I can't remember if it still needs to be be spoonfed information in this DFHack release.

Also the option of reveal > find area with link to exit > head over there and advfort dig your way out. Traveling might give you access to a road and if you then travel back to the spot with the stairs you can exit.
Thanks a lot!
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: June 21, 2015, 04:14:35 pm »

If you look at the JOB_COMPLETED event then you can probably get rid of the boil-away stone and just count dig completed jobs and check the tile for the appropriate type of rock and then trigger the thing that spawns them or increases their population somehow.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: June 21, 2015, 09:58:36 pm »

If you look at the JOB_COMPLETED event then you can probably get rid of the boil-away stone and just count dig completed jobs and check the tile for the appropriate type of rock and then trigger the thing that spawns them or increases their population somehow.
That's a good idea. Is it possible to see what the mined-out tile was?  Everything leaves a layer stone floor now, so that's an unreliable indicator of the original tile.  The boil-away stones currently occur in one-tile clusters inside layer stones and specific gem clusters.  I'd prefer to limit spawning to those areas because having the creatures are based on the layer stones, and it'd seem odd for one to spawn inside a microcline cluster.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: June 21, 2015, 11:44:23 pm »

There's definitely a way but I forget what it is. Try looking at the tileprobe plugin. Or maybe it's just called probe? I forget.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: June 22, 2015, 03:48:27 am »

Could anyone kindly explain to me how to insert new values to int32_t vectors in gm-editor?
(For instance, if I wanted to add a value for style_strength of a certain written_content).

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: June 22, 2015, 08:26:54 am »

does the df::global::world.buildings.all vector contain every building ever made, including removed ones?

I'm trying to decide how I will send over constructed buildings to Armok vision. I don't want to send more than I need to, but besides searching through all buildings and picking the ones that are inside a specific map block, I'm not sure how that could be done.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 360