Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083369 times)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #4845 on: October 15, 2016, 06:54:49 pm »

You're looking at the wrong branch - "master" is only for the last official release (which was quite a while ago), while "develop" has up-to-date stuff for 0.43.05.

No, I'm deffo pulling the development branch, the one with the x64-specific stuff. Running the generate-* batch files complains about not being able to find a CMakeLists.txt in the next folder up, like the old arrangement was. If I kick the .bat pile back to the \build folder like they used to be, it cannot find C/CXX compilers (line 22).

The whole process hasn't changed drastically from version 0.42 days, has it? With my level of skill, I'm reading compile.rst more like a spellbook than a manfile.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: October 15, 2016, 07:24:41 pm »

Running the generate-* batch files complains about not being able to find a CMakeLists.txt in the next folder up, like the old arrangement was.

You must not be on the latest commit of the develop branch. Have you tried pulling again? What remote URL are you using? All of the .bat files should contain "cmake ..\..", i.e. two folders up. Check the file you're using to make sure that's the case.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: October 15, 2016, 07:37:28 pm »

No, he's right, the bat files were moved one folder down, but not modified to reflect the change. I'll upload a fixed version. +

I checked again, they're fine.

They were not. I have fixed them, they should be fine now.

I'm using develop branch and having issues building for x64.

I did:
Code: [Select]
.\build\win64generate-MSVC-gui.bat
Configure->Use default native compilers
Open dfhack.sln in VS2015
Build->Configuration manager
New x64 from win32 settings
Switch to Release configuration
Right-click INSTALL -> Build

I get a bunch of:
Code: [Select]
fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'
Edit: Using Windows 7 64-bit. I might be way behind on Windows Updates since I reformatted the machine. Going to try updating.

There is no "win64generate-MSVC-gui.bat" in the build folder. If you have that, then you have the wrong branch of DFHack.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 08:05:51 pm by Japa »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: October 15, 2016, 08:11:07 pm »

Oh, I missed that they create a separate folder. I assumed it was "cmake .." before, like the others, but apparently not.

Anyway, here's an alpha release. It's not as stable as usual, and Ruby and Stonesense are missing (in at least some builds), but enough of it works that it's not entirely unusable.

If you're expecting DFHack to be stable for everyday use and don't want to (or know how to) provide helpful-enough feedback to fix issues, I wouldn't recommend using this build. I also don't recommend encouraging everyone else to use it, including it in packs, etc.. I know I say something like this with a lot of alpha builds, but I have less confidence with this one. Maybe it'll turn out to be somewhat stable, but there are many more opportunities for crashes that we haven't found yet, so don't count on it.

Also, back up your saves if you care about them! DFHack probably won't corrupt them even if it crashes, but don't count on it. (If you stick to exiting without saving with "die", though, it should be fine. Probably.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: October 15, 2016, 08:53:23 pm »

You did something wrong, then - there should only be an "x64" build configuration. Perhaps your version of CMake is out of date? I've got 3.6.1 and it works fine.
It's 3.6.1. Edit: Issue was out-of-date Windows.

There is no "win64generate-MSVC-gui.bat" in the build folder. If you have that, then you have the wrong branch of DFHack.
Just a typo. Should be "win64\generate-MSVC-gui.bat".

No, I'm deffo pulling the development branch, the one with the x64-specific stuff. Running the generate-* batch files complains about not being able to find a CMakeLists.txt in the next folder up, like the old arrangement was. If I kick the .bat pile back to the \build folder like they used to be, it cannot find C/CXX compilers (line 22).
I got that to work by running it from a cmd prompt sitting in the \dfhack directory. E.g., "C:\dfhack>.\build\win64\generate-MSVC-gui.bat". Then you can just select "\dfhack" as the source code directory (CMakeLists.txt is located here) from the GUI.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 03:18:49 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: October 16, 2016, 01:14:11 pm »

After catching up on several Windows Updates, I now have a bunch of options for CMake configuration (including "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64",) which weren't there before. This looks promising.

Edit: Seems to be working.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 03:17:28 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: October 19, 2016, 06:18:52 am »

So now we have working DFHack for x64 and DT for x32 ;-)

I hope 43.05 x64 and x32 saves are 100% compatible.
Finis sanctificat media.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: October 19, 2016, 06:25:07 am »

They should be compatible. No one has reported any problems so far. If the saves from the 32- and 64-bit versions ever become incompatible with each other, it would probably be because of a weird bug or something.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: October 19, 2016, 06:41:45 am »

They should be compatible. No one has reported any problems so far. If the saves from the 32- and 64-bit versions ever become incompatible with each other, it would probably be because of a weird bug or something.
...and then weaponized.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: October 19, 2016, 01:18:47 pm »

And 32-bit DFHack...

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: October 19, 2016, 01:24:31 pm »

And 32-bit DFHack...
32x dfhack?! Who does have it? I see here only 64x.
Finis sanctificat media.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: October 19, 2016, 01:26:08 pm »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: October 19, 2016, 09:51:39 pm »

Is there a simple way to cancel jobs from within dfhack?

I'm working on editing dig designations from within Armok Vision, but I need to be able to cancel ones that have already been converted into jobs.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4858 on: October 19, 2016, 10:05:56 pm »

Depending on the type of job, it might be possible to set the "item_lost" flag, which would cause it to cancel with "Job item lost or destroyed" - that's how the game handles (f)orbidding job items.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: October 19, 2016, 10:30:56 pm »

It's a digging job, so there's no item.

Could I set the job type to nothing?
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 360