Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083455 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #5040 on: December 17, 2016, 06:34:40 am »

Neither. They're names of relevant data you can access (using Lua syntax in this case). One option is running "gui/gm-editor" followed by the expression you want, e.g. "gui/gm-editor df.global.world.history.total_powers". (Note that I have not checked that specifically to see how easy it is to hunt down megabeasts, or if that's what you're looking for - this is just one way to access DF data in general from Lua.)
it's possible to just summon every historical being into one spot with fast traveling party manipulation but uhh oh boy hope you have a good pc for doing that.

...Can you share how? I kind of need that for a new force siege script.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: December 17, 2016, 07:24:35 am »

Neither. They're names of relevant data you can access (using Lua syntax in this case). One option is running "gui/gm-editor" followed by the expression you want, e.g. "gui/gm-editor df.global.world.history.total_powers". (Note that I have not checked that specifically to see how easy it is to hunt down megabeasts, or if that's what you're looking for - this is just one way to access DF data in general from Lua.)
it's possible to just summon every historical being into one spot with fast traveling party manipulation but uhh oh boy hope you have a good pc for doing that.

...Can you share how? I kind of need that for a new force siege script.
You just move an army to your location and fill it with ALL historical figure ids. You can also set army contents to number=100, race=some_race instead.

Edit: use members for hist-fig based ones and/or unk2c for generic ones
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 07:27:51 am by Warmist »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: December 17, 2016, 07:55:00 am »

Oh, adventure mode? I can't get it to work at all in fort mode.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: December 17, 2016, 09:03:08 am »

well you can't fast travel in fort mode I mean unless someone figured out how... well now time to see if you can move a fort.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: December 17, 2016, 02:38:46 pm »

Moving forts around is possible but weird without all of the links tied in right. There are armies accessible in fort mode but the best way to access them is through the entities[k].armies linkage unless you want to whip up something to sort through the full armies list, going by which entities are likely to send soldiers instead of just scholars and performers around, though being sieged by naked musicians is probably hilarious.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: December 17, 2016, 05:54:17 pm »

If you are talking about force-siege then yes, i could only get armies to appear in adv-mode. However i remember reading somewhere that someone had luck with army controllers...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: December 17, 2016, 06:33:52 pm »

Putnam and I were both screwing around with moving armies, if you set the army_controller.pos_x/pos_y in the right spots you can get the army to march to it apparently.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: December 18, 2016, 06:34:31 am »

Putnam and I were both screwing around with moving armies, if you set the army_controller.pos_x/pos_y in the right spots you can get the army to march to it apparently.
So next: set it to fort position. You might need to mess with civ_id to make it enemy - instant invaders?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: December 18, 2016, 06:40:06 am »

I managed to get a siege by teleport+controller-change once. I messed further and the game crashed to just before the first time I did it. I recreated the exact process (I was editing a script to do it) and it didn't work.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: December 18, 2016, 07:53:30 am »

I managed to get a siege by teleport+controller-change once. I messed further and the game crashed to just before the first time I did it. I recreated the exact process (I was editing a script to do it) and it didn't work.
I think it needs to enter the tile your for is in on it's own to let df manage the logic of spawning units and so on.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: December 20, 2016, 08:15:17 am »

now to see if one could find companion wait armies and be able to send them after sites
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: December 20, 2016, 05:23:23 pm »

I've noticed that the autodump command seems to be rather...selectivley functional when moving large amounts of objects or corpses/body parts..

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: December 20, 2016, 05:31:10 pm »

If you mean "couldn't move <x>" and forbidding the item on the spot, it's because that item was marked for a job (even one nobody had taken yet) already (the forbidding is so you can unpause, pause, unforbid and dump).

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: December 20, 2016, 05:41:45 pm »

that's good to know, although in the multiple in game years some of those items have been sitting there before I tried this I've never seen any dwarf do anything with them (dorfs being stupid I guess...)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: December 20, 2016, 07:38:50 pm »

More like job manager being stupid somewhere. A common instance with minecarts: Your minecart is deliberately inaccessible, but it has stopped, and job is generated to carry it to route stop - never mind that no dwarf can reach it.

In that case, I find it is best to delete the route.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 360