Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8100 8101 [8102] 8103 8104 ... 8157

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8814988 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121515 on: February 07, 2023, 02:34:22 pm »

I mean usually a hospital has at most 2 entries
Untrue. Usually they have many entrances

The one I'm working in right now   (which is medium sized) has at least 3 entrances for the general public. If we widen it to staff entrances its more like 6 or 7. I'm probably leaving some out.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121516 on: February 07, 2023, 02:50:14 pm »

Depends on the placement and size of the hospital. The one in my town has one proper entrance and a few intended for patients with specific conditions, as well as staff access doors, but it's built tall rather than wide and only has parking at the front. The one in the next town over is built wide and has something like five entrances IIRC.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121517 on: February 07, 2023, 05:37:36 pm »

Yeah, like, I live in bumfuck rural florida and I've never seen an actual hospital with less than, like, three or four various entrances for public and several more for not. They don't build for limited entrances if at all possible, as near as I can tell. There's usually a limited number (1-2) of major ER entrances, but there'll be a handful for, y'know, not that. Most of them I've seen beyond our podunk rural ones have even more.

Might be different wherever drag's at, but it hasn't been anywhere I've been that was near enough to a hospital to notice.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121518 on: February 07, 2023, 05:46:52 pm »

Huh. All the hospitals I've seen (like, two maybe?) around here had one entrance for the public. Might be a regional thing.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121519 on: February 08, 2023, 03:07:19 am »

I really feel terrible for all those poor people in Turkey and Syria.
That was one horrible earthquake.
Death toll has risen to 8000. WHO expects it to rise to 20000.
Rescue workers cannot reach a lot of areas, because of destroyed airports, destroyed roads, heavy frost, and in Syria also civil war.
People have been sitting and waiting for rescue, while they hear their loved ones slowly dying trapped under the rubble.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 03:08:54 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121520 on: February 08, 2023, 04:59:23 am »

Let's be optimistic and hope that the number stays well below 20,000.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121521 on: February 08, 2023, 05:29:42 am »

Someone in my uni died from this, and dozens of others are waiting among the rubble, unreachable.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #121522 on: February 12, 2023, 07:25:35 am »

Screaming because i'm unable to sleep, while asleep.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121523 on: February 12, 2023, 07:50:16 am »

Death toll has risen to over 25000 now :(
The UN expects it to rise to 50k.
Search and rescue organisations are about to quit working, for the chances of finding any more survivors after this many days are becoming too small.

Meanwhile, a great purge seems to have started. More than 100 contractors have been arrested by the Turkish police. They will face manslaughter and negligence charges for not complying with building codes.

The UN has warned that, in Turkey alone, 870000 people are in desperate need of food.
In Syria, at least 5.3 million people have become homeless. In Turkey, about 1.5 million people have become homeless. 1.1 million are being sheltered in tent camps or other temporary shelters.

Berlin has decided to offer temporary visa (for 3 months) to Turkish and Syrian people who already have family in Germany.
The german ministry says it is searching for ways to make the process less bureaucratic, because a lot of the victims lost their passports in the earthquake, and to make matters worse, the German consulate is dysfunctional, their building was also destroyed in the earthquake.

The dutch party PvdA wants to do the same in the Netherlands and will propose it in parliament.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 08:01:59 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #121524 on: February 12, 2023, 04:20:19 pm »

The death toll has exceeded 35k.
I don't know how the situation is now, but a few days ago corpses of the victims were wrapped in blankets and put on the streets because the morgues were full and the hospitals were collapsing. There are videos and pictures of it online, it is simply haunting.

I completely support the arrest of contractors responsible for the collapsing of buildings. My house was nearly unscathed from this, I feel very grateful to my contractor for that. I would've been under the rubble like so many unfortunate people if it wasn't for the fact that some contractors actually care about human lives rather than trying to make as much money as possible by using cheap materials. Some have been reported to attempt to flee the country, too.

This whole situation made me appreciate my life status, I know people who have completely lost their homes. I tried to do my fair share of help to those people by volunteering and donating. It's very grim, but hopefully people will learn from this. I know I have, I did so many things wrong out of panic when the earthquake hit. I know it is kind of stupid of me to thank anyone here, but all the help everyone has given outside of Turkey is heartwarming. Even the thought and care counts, so thanks everyone.
sincerely,

ih oh

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121525 on: February 12, 2023, 09:07:47 pm »

I know I have, I did so many things wrong out of panic when the earthquake hit.
Please don't beat yourself up about that. I don't think you have done wrong. A disaster like that is just so unreal, everybody just act instinctively, and even though that might sometimes seem 'wrong' when thinking about it afterwards, it is not. You are just a human being, and human beings sometimes do non-rational stuff in situations like that.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #121526 on: February 13, 2023, 01:05:36 am »

A very dear online friend of mine was hit by a car last summer - he thought the injuries were light and he was healing well.

Turned out there was some hidden liver damage that the hospitals missed, and by the time he realized something was wrong it was too late. He passed a few days ago.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #121527 on: February 13, 2023, 08:50:24 am »

I know I have, I did so many things wrong out of panic when the earthquake hit.
Please don't beat yourself up about that. I don't think you have done wrong. A disaster like that is just so unreal, everybody just act instinctively, and even though that might sometimes seem 'wrong' when thinking about it afterwards, it is not. You are just a human being, and human beings sometimes do non-rational stuff in situations like that.
Thank you, that is really kind :)

A very dear online friend of mine was hit by a car last summer - he thought the injuries were light and he was healing well.

Turned out there was some hidden liver damage that the hospitals missed, and by the time he realized something was wrong it was too late. He passed a few days ago.
That is horrible, I am really sorry you had to go through that. we are here if you need to talk to anyone.
sincerely,

ih oh

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121528 on: February 14, 2023, 05:17:55 am »

I just found out that my best friend from high school is on trial for a horrendous crime, and that was the last thing I wanted to hear that he was involved in especially since it's the first I've heard about him in a few years. Deep down I hope he didn't do it but I haven't talked to him in a few years and people can change, just hoping he didn't change into that kind of person.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121529 on: February 15, 2023, 10:37:37 am »

Deadbeat men who get their girlfriends pregnant, then just disappear after the child is born, leaving the woman and child with no money and get evicted.

WIC pays for food, but there isn't really equivalent for housing from what I know.

Also seriously, trailer parks with lot rent + trailer mortgage costing more per month than my single-family home? Why do we tolerate that as a society?
Pages: 1 ... 8100 8101 [8102] 8103 8104 ... 8157