Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Raccoon from hell

(1/3) > >>

Flok Speargrabber:
So I finally figure out that NO ONE HAS A WAY TO GET TO THE FRIGGIN' RIVER, and I build a staircase to get there.Nearly everyone in the fort (Apparently brewing had been cancelled and I only had 12 booze units left) ran outside to get a drink, only to be stopped because there was a raccoon near the bottom. So I recruit the nearest planter to 'deal' with it, leave, and when I come back, he's bruised all over and his arm is bright red.?!

Toady One:
When I was in grad school, I went to throw some garbage out in a dumpster by the campus housing.  There was a raccoon there.  It was pretty small, so I figured I'd just walk toward the dumpster and it would scamper off.  It didn't have any buddies around (there was a pack of five or so peaking into the window last time I was at my grandma's place).  Anyway, so I took a step forward.  The raccoon took two steps forward.  And it growled.  I lost.  I had to bring my garbage back inside and throw it out in the morning, when creatures of the night aren't haunting the area.

Patarak:
So Toady's childhood trauma is immortalized in DF.Do you have a tale to tell us about that time you went fishing and a carp jumped out of the water and tore out one of your kidneys?

Lemnx:
quote:Originally posted by Patarak:
<STRONG>So Toady's childhood trauma is immortalized in DF.Do you have a tale to tell us about that time you went fishing and a carp jumped out of the water and tore out one of your kidneys?</STRONG>That made me LOL, quite a bit.

Toady One:
Grad school, not grade school.  I'm six feet tall, and it still turned on me like a wild beast.Childhood trauma may be immortalized in the future through giant wasps.I did have that kidney thing recently.  Perhaps that will go in through with the infection/disease bloat, though it would require some backing first.  At least the color will flow down the river correctly.[ February 22, 2008: Message edited by: Toady One ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version