Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 675734 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: There Are No Heroes
« Reply #720 on: April 22, 2014, 12:34:51 am »

Good luck, Peregarret. Good luck indeed.
Thanks! I've just finished MurderMachines turn and ready to jump into another pit.
Have to catch up the line though. Looks like Cornelius get out of touch with reality, spending all his days in his cell, experimenting with mixtures and testing them on himself.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 22, 2014, 01:11:29 am »

With the end of another turn comes the recurring reminded that the wiki is thy friend!
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 22, 2014, 06:47:06 am »

With the end of another turn comes the recurring reminded that the wiki is thy friend!

Praise be to the wiki. Updates for the Update god!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 22, 2014, 07:23:26 am »

Praise be to the wiki. Updates for the Update god!
ALL HAIL THE GREAT GOD OF KNOWLEDGE: WIKI!!!!!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 22, 2014, 02:12:46 pm »

Does this mean Cornelius is going to turn into a Mr. Hyde type character? Or does he just have a serious case of the munchies?

Did Flame ask for an overseer turn, by the way?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 22, 2014, 02:35:20 pm »

Does this mean Cornelius is going to turn into a Mr. Hyde type character? Or does he just have a serious case of the munchies?

Did Flame ask for an overseer turn, by the way?
Well... who knows, brother, who knows... Cornelius is a fair good dude (though a kind of chaotic), but even the brightest and strongest persons can fall to corruption. I mean, of course not!
Downloaded the save, reading the signs, geting used to design. Won't post in-play updates before Rhaken puts his last part. Maybe that will explain why there's a siege operator drowning in a pond. With oaken cage in hands. With the rotten corpse of giant bustit inside. Accompanied with someone's cat.

But the fort looks mostly nice and organized. I don't even have that feeling "Where the hell I am?! Who designed this?!". Speaking of, do we intentionaly keep away from magma sea, surviving on coal?

Oh, and the tower of glory is beautiful!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:40:29 pm by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 22, 2014, 02:52:17 pm »

I'll take a turn, by the time my turn rolls around my plans will already be in motion.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 22, 2014, 03:30:46 pm »

Righto.

I don't think there were any plans to survive only on coal, the miners were just occupied with digging the vault and other stuff. We could use the river to pump the magma up to the workshop level if anyone feels like it, and probably even use it for some sort of lava cannon.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 22, 2014, 03:35:39 pm »

Alright, so I've been playing around in one of my personal forts, building a giant military, etc. And brother, when it comes to the military, size matters.
I'll write this one journal style, as Vlad won't be talking to Cornelius yet; Cornelius is doing whatever it is he's doing.

Journal of Capt. Vlad

Good news! Ve at Demongate have survived new year! Vhich means it is about time Vlad takes stock of thingks, so ve can continue beingk alive next year, yes?
First, though it pains me to say it, the Vultures need to break up. Not that ve can't keep havingk the camaraderie, but the Vultures should no longer train as a unit. I have been thinkingk about this for a vhile, and ve vould train much better if the military vere divided into squads based on weapon type for training purposes. Ve'll still fight as a unit, of course, as the best strategy me and Brenzen can think up is 'gather all units and charge, under cover of marksdwarves', but each unit must be capable of being deployed on its own. I'll have to choose some good officers from among the Vultures.
Vith more officers, there's really no reason not to draft dwarves vho weren't doingk much of anything outside the military. Provided ve can equip them, that is.

Ve'll need metal for creatingk new veapons and armor. I vill talk to Thane about this. Might do her good to get back to the forges for a little vhile, yes? If possible, I'd like to see our entire arsenal reforged. Most of it vas made back vhen our smiths vere less experienced. This is heavy logistic undertakingk, but vill pay off large dividends, yes?

Of course, all of this hinges on one thingk; Brenzen's approval. He is still theoretically top of the chain of command, although in practice each captain has been doingk their own thing. This needs to be clarified. I am not goingk to split up the Vultures just to turn them over to Brenzen's command. Oh, he's competent, but vho knows what nonsense he's puttingk into the heads of those poor dwarves in his squad.
If it vere up to me, our military vould be headed by local government, not the Knights. This is because locals cannot run, vhereas the knights have no reason to care about our vell-beingk so long as nothingk gets past us.
This vill probably be big stink. I feel stupid for gettingk myself into it already. I don't know vhy I am feelingk so strongly about this. Must be Thane's influence.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 22, 2014, 03:57:52 pm »

I think you should give Thanatos the sword squad he does have leadership skills according to the plot. I'll call them Deaths Angels!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:59:52 pm by jrrocks05 »
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 22, 2014, 04:00:43 pm »

I call for the crossbow squad and I shall call them the Deadly rangers!

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 22, 2014, 05:00:24 pm »

I call for the… Gnora has no weapon skills.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 22, 2014, 05:00:54 pm »

If we split the squads according to weapons, won't that leave Brenzen by his lonesome again? Though smaller squads do train faster, so it'd still probably be a good idea.

Oh, yeah. Thane calls for the hammer squad, and they shall either be the MCs or the Fluffy Bunnies.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 05:05:03 pm by Deus Asmoth »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 22, 2014, 05:19:27 pm »

OOC: As a demon in a dwarf's body, who should I talk to first if I intend to announce that fact to everyone?

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 22, 2014, 05:25:42 pm »

OOC: As a demon in a dwarf's body, who should I talk to first if I intend to announce that fact to everyone?
Probably not a member of the Order, and I don't think Dantheman or Thanatos would be wise choices either.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 172