Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: A Sudden Reality Shift: New System and respec thread  (Read 37115 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: A Sudden Reality Shift: New System and respec thread
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2015, 07:12:20 am »

The AM could feasibly have a +7 in amp usage, employing maximum minmaxing. She'd have 10 skill points left over.
Well...
Hold on a sec...
Ah, here we go, when one of the players fought fake AM in the simulation area, she was wearing a Kinetic Shunt, right? What bonuses was she getting there?
To be honest, it is more that minuses aren't actually to any detriment.  You have to specifically outfit yourself to make any rolls relevant, so it's not an additional limitation to suck at things you can't, or never will do anyway.
Apart from stuff like endurance, I guess, Willpower, probably, but you would probably be boosting Will up if you could cheese it like that, wouldn't you? 'Cuz amps with the new system really are the best, unless something like fate also effects it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 07:14:15 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2015, 07:14:12 am »

PW didn't even roll for her, and that was several hundred years out of date.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2015, 07:15:26 am »

Are you talking about the Kin Shunt? Because that is uncon, not exotic, it also requires intelligence, and not willpower.
Alan help.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2015, 07:17:40 am »

Oh, I'm just assuming she dumped all the points she got over her 27 missions straight into amp usage - she could theoretically have done stuff like that, but it's likely she didn't and her power is linked to some out of context thing, hence the quicksilver reference from PW the one time.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2015, 07:21:54 am »

Well, defensive stats aren't like to be relevant, anyway, as removing the amp-overshoots that caused what, 80% of all deaths..  And with all temp-dead chars surviving..  I think there's been maybe two or three chars dying from non-amp instakills in the history of the game..

Yeah, no end should be doable without much issue.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2015, 07:22:31 am »

Oh, I'm just assuming she dumped all the points she got over her 27 missions straight into amp usage - she could theoretically have done stuff like that, but it's likely she didn't and her power is linked to some out of context thing, hence the quicksilver reference from PW the one time.
Mmmm, that's what I'm thinking.
Wait, you know how it's pointed out amps run on souls? And that bag that releases voices, yet the AM couldn't detect anything invasive in the guy's brain? I wonder if 'Quicksilver' is kinda like a glue for ghosts, it sticks to 'em, so if the AM could have been pumped full of it, she might be...
Wait, remember that riddle? The one about 12 things now there is one? What if those could be related to souls chained to the AM, so she's losing them.
I dunno I'm tired leave me alone.
Alan help.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2015, 07:25:46 am »

Quicksilver is also a romantic word for mercury, so it could mean.. Anything.

Anyway, I suppose it could work out if the dump stats mattered, like you failing to run away with your 0 dex, or you failing to operate an elevator with your 0 int..

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2015, 07:46:42 am »

@Everyone: There's no rush. We got to make sure the system is OK and then we got to make the new templates for the wiki.

@Kriellya: Not assault mission. Correct that to space battle. Also, timeskip only grants points to those that got points in the first place. Also Anomalous Planetoid mission grants 2 levelups since it counts as 2 missions

This is the log I got with some parts removed, not sure if anything important was said after I left.

Spoiler: Part 1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:11:48 am by Parisbre56 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2015, 07:47:16 am »

Spoiler: Part 2 (click to show/hide)

The important thing to note here is that Sy is required to wear a leather mask. No, I do not know how it works with a robot body.

More seriously, exoskeletons and synthflesh and things like that no longer grant bonuses to rolls. They just allow you to do things, make you stronger. So no matter how high your str stat is, you cannot lift a very heavy weapon without an exoskeleton and no matter how strong of an exoskeleton you have, you can still mess up throwing a rock and kill yourself if you have a -2 to strength or dex.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:12:23 am by Parisbre56 »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2015, 08:54:09 am »

Respec in progress

Gorat "Chin" Ivanos Base

Strength: 0
Dexterity: -1
Endurance: 0
Charisma: 0
Intelligence: 0
Willpower: +1
Fate:0

Intuition: 0
Handiwork: -2
Conventional Weapons: +0
Unconventional Weapons: -1
Exotic weapons: +2
Auxiliary Systems: +1
Medical Tech: -2
General Knowledge: -1

M6 Samsonite Abyss   5/5
M9A Ghostship      5/5
M11 Heph Assault      5/5
Time Skip
M12 Heph Defense      5/5
M18 Eater of Cold      5/5
         25/25 +5

Gorat "Chin" Ivanos Respec WIP

Strength: 0
Dexterity: -1
Endurance: 0
Charisma: +1[5]
Intelligence: 0
Willpower: +2 [10 +10/15]
Fate: +1 [5]

Intuition: 0
Handiwork: -2
Conventional Weapons: +1 [5]
Unconventional Weapons: -1
Exotic weapons: +3 [15]
Auxiliary Systems: +1
Medical Tech: -2
General Knowledge: -1

Remaining: 0 stats, 5 skill, 0 wild?

I'd really like to get willpower to a +3, but I don't particularly want to skimp on potentially necessary other stats, and I get the feeling I may want a +1 Fate...

Well, now I have 5 skill points I'm not sure how to use. I probably also should consider moving the GK -1 to uncon instead.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:21:36 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2015, 09:05:30 am »

I'm still really confused right now on how to respec my sheet even after reading the rules.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2015, 09:51:21 am »

Spoiler: Base Character (click to show/hide)

Added base character, since I didn't see the edit to the OP asking for them until now.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:18:14 pm by swordsmith04 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2015, 10:00:11 am »

But Lars has a +1 in it, just as default

And I was going to put points in it to represent his pious connections!  I cite this for his ability to survive six missions without losing a limb.

Let's see...

Spoiler: Point gains (click to show/hide)

PW approved changing to the mindread amp from the mind control amp at full refund; adjusted inventory appropriately.

I think that covers it.  Lars is a great shot and well blessed by the gods. Physical stats lost out in the transition, but I really want him to have that +2 charisma (which is spent halfway towards).  The other alternative is to stick with +2 fate, finish off the +2 charisma and +1 str, and move one of the half-levels toward skills, but I think I like this one better.  With factoring in the base defense, I was able to finish out Charisma and move the timeskip points from Intuition to Strength.  Next two missions will cover dex, end, aux, and handi.

In final, there was no way I was getting to +2 exo without sacrificing some of the intent of the character, so that's where we are now.  Sad about just +1 charisma, but something had to give.  I think the +3 fate better reflects the vision and how the character has played out.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:56:50 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2015, 10:12:46 am »

Dubley

Spoiler: Starting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Levelups (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:17:41 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2015, 10:15:01 am »

Wait, how does the Heph Defense count?  Half if you did one part, whole if you did both parts?  I might be misunderstanding that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32