Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.31.01] multiple mayors  (Read 11258 times)

Buckermann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] multiple mayors
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 04:17:03 am »

Just FYI:
The caravan arrived and with it a diplomat, who promptly had a nice chat with the new mayor.
It seems I'm not hated, unlike some other people...

;)
Art reflects life, and then menaces with spikes.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 11:49:06 am »

I got multiple EXPENDITION LEADERS (in 31.04!). That's right--- the fortress kept electing new expedition leaders. I didn't get a mayors until late. At 64 dwarves, I still had expendition leaders, and they were being elected frequently. Then, I thought I got out of this situation when a mayor was finally elected. But no--- when my first mayor lost their election to the other expedition leader, he retained his title and kept making mandates! So now, I'm going to have to get creative. I think I'll draft the old mayor, station him in my "fill" chamber for my farm, close up the fill chamber and let in the water.

What a lousy, lousy bug. I hope it gets fixed soon.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 12:39:30 pm »

Well, I got the old mayor stationed, individually, in my fill chamber, and closed up the access floodgates--- making the mayor blocked in and unpathable to his militia leader. I decided I wanted him listed as "mayor" when dead, not as "Recruit", so I hit the "s" key to bring up the military squad screen, and the game went into an infinite loop. Very unfriendly bug.

By the way, why won't the old mayor go stand in the burrow I defined? He ignored his burrow orders. Since I've got to restart that game from last save, I am going to try and get him to go stand in the fill chamber's burrow again, and avoid the "unpathable members in squad result in infinite loop bug in squad (s) orders mode".
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2010, 01:01:19 pm »

Follow up: I got the "No longer" mayor to finally notice he had a burrow assignment, and go stand in his burrow. I then drowned him. Now, the mayor slot has GONE AWAY on the noble screen, as has all unfilled noble slots.

Mind you, my other mayor is still present. I can still see his demands, because he's the appointed bookkeeper. But all unfilled slots, such as sherrif (hadn't gotten around to appointing one yet, as its a fairly early fortress, and everyone has been good and not needed punishing), has disappeared in the "lost mayor bug".

This is pure drek. I look forward to Toady eliminating these mayor bugs in the future.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 01:03:20 pm by Lord Darkstar »

ashta_ku

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 05:25:39 pm »

The multiple mayors really drove my nuts for a long time, but I've come to accept it as a feature and not a bug. I just envision the corrupt junta of good-old-dwarf politicians sitting around in the smoke-filled room randomly condemning my dwarves for violating their un-noticed edicts and chuckle.

Though after getting it to work briefly before my last fort descended into Tantrum Spiral, I'm thinking that assigning the ex-mayors to other appointed noble positions is the way to go. That way I can see their mandates and demands, and their existing estates from their time as mayor should be more than sufficient to meet the requirements of their new post.

Only in dwarf fortress though... I love it - and I say that with no (well, maybe a teensy bit) sarcasm.

ItchyBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 07:06:39 pm »

This thread from the modding forum may be of use to some people: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57409.0

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 11:48:05 pm »

I wonder if this bug can be caused by changing which noble positions you have that are shared with the expedition leader/mayor? That is, my first expedition leader was also my trader. But he decided to sleep, eat, and drink and go on break during a time I needed a trader. Since I had a backup appaiser, I swapped in the backup. Sometime after that, I got the notice "such and such has become expidention leader", even though my original was still listed. After that, the swapping expedition leader notices, and then the multiple mayors.

ItchyBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 12:12:29 am »

I wonder if this bug can be caused by changing which noble positions you have that are shared with the expedition leader/mayor? That is, my first expedition leader was also my trader. But he decided to sleep, eat, and drink and go on break during a time I needed a trader. Since I had a backup appaiser, I swapped in the backup. Sometime after that, I got the notice "such and such has become expidention leader", even though my original was still listed. After that, the swapping expedition leader notices, and then the multiple mayors.

No. The [ELECTED] tag is just buggy and is not un-electing the previous occupant of the position. A fort running with no interaction whatsoever will accrue multiple mayors. Discussing it here is a little pointless though - this forum is basically defunct.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 08:17:21 pm »

That's because all bugs are to be reported in the Bug Tracker or in the 31.04 announcement thread.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2010, 02:03:10 am »

The best thing you can do it mod mayors to lack mandates as a temporary bug fix, or mod elections to result in an [ELECTOR] noble who appoints the mayor, but does not actually have any other responsibilities.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010, 01:23:42 am »

So, I'm looking at the units screen and I happen to notice I've got more then one mayor - 4 in fact!

Worse, all 4 of them seem to be making mandates, and assigning punishments when I don't fill them!

And even more frustratingly, the nobles screen only lists one mayor, so I can't even see what the other ones want made :(

It looks like every time the dwarves elect a new mayor, the old one is trying to keep the office. Soon everyone will be mayor!

Make them all squad captains to see their mandates.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.
Pages: 1 [2]