Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1192561 times)

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 123 The council begins!
« Reply #3240 on: October 19, 2015, 09:01:33 am »

The deal was struck. A pact was formed.
What this means is known only to the gods, but the result may change the world forever.

Now that's settled... I think it's about time I start ironing out the bugs on this arm.
Hand over the backpack and the keys to the jet to Marcus. Upgrade my mechanical arm with sensory receptors (but not pain), using 4 +1/+1 essences. Then create 3 more essences.

((If sense-extension set to touch works the same, do that instead.))

(I misunderstood one of ATHATH's PMs, so I removed what was previously below this)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:09:56 am by thegamemaster1234 »

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: October 19, 2015, 09:10:49 am »

"So it looks like the important people are either here or in the library are we going to start yet?

Make 5 essences.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: October 19, 2015, 09:35:15 am »

The short and unassuming man that is James finally enters the council chamber. Or he would be unassuming if it weren't for the troll following him and the many magical artifacts on his person.

"Sorry I'm late. Did I miss anything important?"
Take a seat at the council table.
Play it safe and only make 4 essences.

I suppose it couldn't hurt to test the omnicube a bit. See if it's possible to use the forms James memorized for the old cube without any rolls. Specifically try the shovel, that seems relatively harmless.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 09:44:19 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: October 19, 2015, 09:35:59 am »

"Aha! Haha! MWAHAHAHA! What do we have here?"

Old King Coal was a little aggrieved by the fact that he was going to have to do some digging, but he pushed the thought away...

Old King Coal works at digging up the chest, making 3 bone essences as he does so.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: October 19, 2015, 09:56:10 am »

Make 4 essences
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: October 19, 2015, 10:09:56 am »

What about my essences?

4 more essences! Pm'd action.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: October 19, 2015, 10:16:16 am »

"We haven't started yet, James. I'll assume that anyone who is not here has no interest in having any part of the decisions of this council, since they have had ample time to show up. No need to waste any more time. I, Jase Blackthorn, hereby convene the first meeting of this council."
(Insert ominous thunderclap here.)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: October 19, 2015, 10:37:47 am »

Shias stands near wall of council chamber. He shifts his weight more onto his staff and introduces himself.

"I am Shias, the druid of the west. Present in full power of soul, mind and body. Since the council is convened, I assume you would have an agenda ready?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: October 19, 2015, 10:44:42 am »

"I am flare, a Mage of metal, my goal is to gain great power so that I may create great workings."

shape the electrum lump into a throne, sit in it.

"I belive the best course of action is to work together, I know we are not the only beings on this island so we do not necessarily have to fight eachother to gain power"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: October 19, 2015, 11:16:16 am »

Ilium sweeps his eyes from mage to mage, studying the strangers, absorbing every detail of the new faces. Standing in a shadowy corner of the chamber, he speaks up to introduce himself.

"Greetings. I am the one they call Ilium Skydepth, traveller from a distant world, drawn now to this place by forces unknown. I have come to listen to what you have to say."
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: October 19, 2015, 11:20:10 am »

Tch. How... Annoying. Still, finding a worthy opponent is first priority. Keep searching. Sooner or later someone will be found. Create 3 sword essences while I walk.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: October 19, 2015, 12:08:04 pm »

"I am Dwen just a humble alcohol Mage, it was really a mistake that I ended up here but there doesn't seem to be a way out, short of winning that is."
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: October 19, 2015, 12:16:18 pm »

"I am Marcus, a necromancer, cleric of the Manipulator, and former (Mind) Control mage. I have died, but have been revived."

"How long is this meeting, and what is its subject?"

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: October 19, 2015, 01:03:17 pm »

...and former (Mind) Control mage. I have died, but have been revived."...

((Well this is awkward))
What about my essences?

4 more essences! Pm'd action.

((I probably have missed them. Send me a quote.))
Shias is bored and annoyed for having to wait. He makes 5 essences in meantime.

You skipped me again.
Sorry about that.

Shias the Druid. Location: Council chamber
                                                              ^
((In some games I have habit of doing this. |  ))

Another 5 essences.

This actually does help.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 122 Strange tomes and Old enemies
« Reply #3254 on: October 19, 2015, 01:44:07 pm »

@DG's post above: I assumed that I'd know if I died and what my former affinity was when I am returned from the dead.

Marcus smirked.

"I'm back, baby!"

Float through the walls of the fortress and into the council chamber. Make four essences once I am inside of the fortress.

Ah, the perks of being a banshee.

Walk up to Jikzap, and ask him a pm'd thing.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 506