Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1192611 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 122 Strange tomes and Old enemies
« Reply #3255 on: October 19, 2015, 01:56:59 pm »

@DG's post above: I assumed that I'd know if I died and what my former affinity was when I am returned from the dead.

Marcus smirked.

"I'm back, baby!"

Float through the walls of the fortress and into the council chamber. Make four essences once I am inside of the fortress.

Ah, the perks of being a banshee.

Walk up to Jikzap, and ask him a pm'd thing.

Oh. I discardet that post whole since you were not a ghost and you knew that you were not a ghost. And you had pm'd me what looked like a turn.

As for knowing, It is not, really, persay, old Marcus. Old Marcus was killed, his and his soul was used to make soul shards.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 123 The council begins!
« Reply #3256 on: October 19, 2015, 02:04:59 pm »

"Marcus, you're alive? That's good news. You still owe me the seven shards you stole."

"For those who don't know I am James McKenzie, healer and summoner. My friend here is Grundar. Do you mind if he stays for the meeting or should I send him away?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: October 19, 2015, 02:05:21 pm »

@DG's post above: I assumed that I'd know if I died and what my former affinity was when I am returned from the dead.

Marcus smirked.

"I'm back, baby!"

Float through the walls of the fortress and into the council chamber. Make four essences once I am inside of the fortress.

Ah, the perks of being a banshee.

Walk up to Jikzap, and ask him a pm'd thing.

Oh. I discardet that post whole since you were not a ghost and you knew that you were not a ghost. And you had pm'd me what looked like a turn.

As for knowing, It is not, really, persay, old Marcus. Old Marcus was killed, his and his soul was used to make soul shards.
Luckily, the old Marcus was a servant of the Manipulator as well, so the Manipulator knows what affinities I used to have. Maybe he told me?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: October 19, 2015, 02:10:00 pm »

"Marcus, you're alive? That's good news. You still owe me the seven shards you stole."

"For those who don't know I am James McKenzie, healer and summoner. My friend here is Grundar. Do you mind if he stays for the meeting or should I send him away?"

"I did no such thi- oh. Well, according to paragraph 54 of the 78365th page of the Book of Universal Divine law, debts do not persist across copies. Since I have my own soul, you cannot legally place the debt of the previous copy of me that was here on me.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: October 19, 2015, 02:21:18 pm »

"I've never heard of this book of laws, nor do I believe they apply here. This is a matter for the council to decide."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: October 19, 2015, 02:30:15 pm »

"What is difference between copy and original? Nature cares not. They are two different, yet same. If original ends and copy takes its place, there isn't any meaningful difference."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: October 19, 2015, 02:38:06 pm »

"What is difference between copy and original? Nature cares not. They are two different, yet same. If original ends and copy takes its place, there isn't any meaningful difference."
"However, I am not a perfect copy. I do not remember most of my previous life and thus can be considered a different person. Plus, the soul of the version of me that stole the shards was annihilated. I think that's punishment enough."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: October 19, 2015, 03:07:16 pm »

Oh.

I apologize for that, Tome. I wasn't aware my scanning spell would bother you.

Is there anything I can do to make amends?

This is a book, and I'm a knowledge mage. If the Tome can't speak normally, I should be able to talk to it mind-to-mind without much of an issue. Anyway, say the above.

Run to the council chamber "before the council starts."

Consider the affinity I got, but never used to be Binding. In the brief moment before the universe resolves itself, apologize and promise that this will be the last switch.

Just to seal the deal, do something really minor with binding. Maybe try chatting with whatever's keeping the bookshelves together?

Make four knowledge essences.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:52:10 pm by Whisperling »

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: October 19, 2015, 03:23:53 pm »

"It seems to me you remember the debt well enough to argue against it so you can pay it.  On another note I would like some shards to summon a minion as a chef for the bar, I'll pay you back in favors.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: October 19, 2015, 04:25:46 pm »

"I could have Grundar work for you as a chef, at least until you find a permanent one. Don't think he'd mind. He's a good chef as long as you watch his ingredients."

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: October 19, 2015, 04:34:35 pm »

{Come to think of it I probably deserved getting my character's hand turned to swiss cheese. But it was worth it. I laughed the whole time while reading it.}
Skelliborn:

Heh heh no pain no gain. Ouch I deserved that.

I probably should deal with this now before I bleed to much.

Action:
In this order...
1. Undo the nails on the handle by making the spikes retreat back into the blade.
Mod:
Use: Blade essence +1/+1
2. Use my affinitie's power over blades to create a grass(blades, get it? Also if I can't do this tell me so I can change my action) tourniquet around my swiss cheese hand.
Failing this, find the nearest fabric material to use as a bandage for my hand. Then once, first aid is complete try to get Jame's attention (by peaceful and non-magical means) and offer to trade for his services in the next round.

Side note: does that last turn give me the record for most attempts at making essences in 1 turn without dieing immediately? (I'll never do that again. When your bones almost turn to blades and your hand becomes swiss cheese, you get the message to stop creating essences.)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))
« Reply #3266 on: October 19, 2015, 04:51:07 pm »

For some reason I cannot see the map because does not load properly on my laptop.
Where am I on the map?

Go north

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: October 19, 2015, 05:53:18 pm »

"If you claim to be Marcus, then you claim his debts as well. Do not waste our time or your breath quoting any laws you think have any merit. The only rules that apply here are the ones we decide upon."

I'mma talk to the fortress in secret. Gonna add Fortress Whisperer to my resumé, right after Hair Stylist and Fortress Maker.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: October 19, 2015, 06:25:47 pm »

"Aeech! Ack. 'Ot. 'Ot, ow. Bad chair. Bad.

Anyway, Ya'll can call me Gambler, an' I'm a luck mage."

Apply burn cream, talk, make 3 essences.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: October 19, 2015, 08:15:25 pm »

Jiksap looks up from his tinkering with mechanical arm to see mages arguing about something.

Oi, stop that! You're breaking my concentration! However, to put my own thoughts into the matter, I don't think this guy owes anyone anything. Souls are unique, and and nothing can replicate them. At least, that's what Jigzap says. He's my evil twin inside my head. There's Wakdim and Rizfal too!
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 506