Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1192538 times)

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 134 Plots and Conflicts
« Reply #4020 on: December 07, 2015, 04:35:51 pm »

Skelliborn:

It appears that someone got to the meteor here first. I best be moving on. Now lets see...

I ask for help from the g-d of the forge.
Hepheastus be his name.
He is the greatest smith of all
and may he have fortune and fame.

Today I beg of help from you,
because their is work I need help to do.
I pledge my loyalty to you,
and pledge my services too.

And if though doth not like my rhymes,
you need only speak
and I will oblige.

Action:
1. Pray to Hephaestus for help/guidance/protection.

if Hephaestus does not appear and doesn't give a sign that he will arrive then create 3 essences and head towards the eldritch portal thing.

if Hephaestus does appear and he tries to kill me (probably due to bad rhymes), try to appease him by giving him the teal crystal shards. If that doesn't work, run towards the eldritch portal and defend self using my previously created magic items.(Vortex Bane and the swiss army knife of protection)

if Hephaestus is friendly and appears, wait to see what he has to say and create 3 essences.

if Sun-Goku shows up instead, follow the same set of rules as stated for the appearance of Hephestus. (You never know, it might happen)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: December 07, 2015, 04:54:17 pm »

if Sun-Goku shows up instead, follow the same set of rules as stated for the appearance of Hephestus. (You never know, it might happen)

((I know exactly what the meteors are, and they have nothing to do with aliens. Or whatever "sun goku" is supposed to be, for that matter.))

((They're called Dragonshards, by the way. Unfortunately, the name isn't actually related to their function.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: December 07, 2015, 07:11:58 pm »

Wait. If you're protected from danger on the first turn, can't you use that to play infinite essence roulette?

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: December 07, 2015, 07:25:51 pm »

Wait. If you're protected from danger on the first turn, can't you use that to play infinite essence roulette?
((Pretty sure that only applies to attacks from other mages))
((Also, use double parenthesis when talking OOC))
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: December 07, 2015, 07:31:44 pm »

((Nope. First time around, the gate prevented Gloomy from becoming even more frail than he already is due to essence failure.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: December 07, 2015, 08:25:59 pm »

((Nope. First time around, the gate prevented Gloomy from becoming even more frail than he already is due to essence failure.))
((Can the gate only trigger once, or does it work any number of times?))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: December 07, 2015, 08:37:29 pm »

((It triggers once for each character, at the moment they enter the game. Gloomier has already used up his turn of invulnerability.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: December 07, 2015, 08:38:22 pm »

((It triggers once for each character, at the moment they enter the game. Gloomier has already used up his turn of invulnerability.))
((This is his first real turn, actually; he only entered the game last turn, making this his first action.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: December 07, 2015, 08:45:06 pm »

((This is his first real turn, actually; he only entered the game last turn, making this his first action.))

((It doesn't work that way, unfortunately. I'm guessing it's mostly just a way to prevent deaths by magma-covered portal.))

((You can, however, submit an action to be carried out as soon as you enter the game. Should you ever need to make a new character, that would be a great time to play essence roulette.))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: December 08, 2015, 02:26:09 am »

"Nothing to see here anymore... except the orb."
Pick the orb. Go west, and a bit south(1/3 of west).
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: December 08, 2015, 04:27:57 am »

((It doesn't work that way, unfortunately. I'm guessing it's mostly just a way to prevent deaths by magma-covered portal.))

((You can, however, submit an action to be carried out as soon as you enter the game. Should you ever need to make a new character, that would be a great time to play essence roulette.))

Actualy, it does work that way. It is indeed there to prevent spawn camping, and there are rules beyond just first turn protection, but I don't want to tell them as people would likely abuse them.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: December 08, 2015, 06:08:59 am »

Actualy, it does work that way. It is indeed there to prevent spawn camping, and there are rules beyond just first turn protection, but I don't want to tell them as people would likely abuse them.
((Unfortunately... rules are there for abuse.
Add a rule that it doesn't protect someone from themselves. That includes collapsed essences.))
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:21:47 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: December 08, 2015, 06:19:56 am »

((I know exactly what the meteors are, and they have nothing to do with aliens. Or whatever "sun goku" is supposed to be, for that matter.))

((They're called Dragonshards, by the way. Unfortunately, the name isn't actually related to their function.))

((The Sun-Goku would be due to my trying to call on a g-d.
Sun-Goku is basically the type of g-d that to get his help he would point you towards the strongest monster in the game and then say "Kill It".))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

_Shinju_

• Bay Watcher
  • I drink and I forget things
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: December 08, 2015, 11:50:54 am »

PM

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: December 08, 2015, 12:10:18 pm »

Expedition to the portal!
On the way form a forearm mounted crossbow on the armguard. Make it a belt fed full auto crossbow.
4 healium essences.

Oh, and check with Grundar.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 506