Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1197841 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 191.-1 Crispy good
« Reply #6225 on: September 29, 2016, 02:06:35 pm »

Head in. Light every torch on the way.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: September 29, 2016, 02:16:35 pm »

"Greetings once again, Magus. I am afraid that I must leave in short order, but I suppose that we are free to speak in the interim."

((I have a PM action that takes me quite a ways away from the bar, but sure, we can chat for a bit, I guess.))
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 02:20:11 pm by Whisperling »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: September 29, 2016, 04:41:40 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"...Blast it. Let's try this again."

Okay. Doktor Diabolical tries to improve the bots' intelligence once more, building upon whatever has already been done. I mean, clearly they have some combat protocols, why not improve those?

Afterwards, 3 Robots essences.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:19:11 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: September 29, 2016, 06:41:34 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"...Blast it. Let's try this again."

Okay. Doktor Diabolical tries to improve the bots' intelligence once more, building upon whatever has already been done. I mean, clearly they have some combat protocols, why not improve those?

Afterwards, 3 Robots essences.

I think that you should try to handle the "trying to kill me" issue with the bots before trying to improve their intelligence again. Then again, you ARE a mad scientist...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: September 29, 2016, 07:00:20 pm »

Keep Easter from leaving
not much else i can do since he has autododge and is already on fire
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: September 29, 2016, 07:09:37 pm »

((You could always make peace with me?))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: September 29, 2016, 09:02:43 pm »

Glance up from my summoning and glance around. Try to figure out what important things I missed.

Still summon 4 healing items, of various random types.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: September 30, 2016, 02:39:39 am »

Xom, faced with the prospect of imminent death and having seemingly been forsaken by The Chaos, turns to the somewhat more...unorthodox...versions of divinity for...er...'guidance' in what might be his final minute in this accursed plane.

Seek divine aid from The Highest Holiness of Home Insurance. If there's no limit to how much we can pray in a turn, throw in a couple of extra prayers to the gods of Cabbages and Frogs for good measure (as well as for increased hilarity if when things go horribly wrong).

Order the blood fiend to go after Kahel instead of Xom, using every ounce of law magic at my disposal. Meanwhile, get the pyramid to land in front of me, standing between Xom and the genie, and instruct it to fire at Kahel if the spell works. If the spell fails, whichever enemy comes nearest shall be the pyramid's target. Be ready to smash things with the inactive nuke if need be.

If I'm not dead by this time, grab on to the pyramid and get it to start levitating in the direction of the Tower.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:49:01 am by Prismatic »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: September 30, 2016, 04:21:45 am »

Into the tower greenhouse looking for herbs with calming effects. And make four essences while I am it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: September 30, 2016, 05:31:16 am »

((you forgot to include the map in the last turn. By any chance could you add that in/insert it with the actions you missed.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: September 30, 2016, 02:46:22 pm »

((Whoa, this is still alive?

That's pretty impressive. Props, DG. I'd never be able to run a game for this long.))
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: September 30, 2016, 07:24:28 pm »

Head in. Light every torch on the way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duritarum lit up the torches as he went and examined what they revealed. The tunnel was dusty, but not quite as dusty as one would expect a bottom of a pit to be. He bent down and examined the dust. It was entirely unremarkable. But just beneath the dust was a cloth cloak, entirely untouched by the time it spent here. It most likely had something to do with the lack of dust. Duritarum grabbed the cloak and continued onward. At the end of the tunnel was a chamber without any torches inside. Within it, was a pedestal with an iron box on it. The box had no lock and inside, Duritarum found what looked like thick sheets of lead. There were five of them, and on closer inspection Duritarum noticed writing on the sheets. The symbols seemed to glow faintly in the darkness and had some resemblance to spell scrolls but it hurt to look at them too closely. There was a sound from somewhere behind Duritarum and he turned around. Torches he had lit up were surrounded by shadows that moved very much not how anyone would suspect they should.

Temperature around the fire tree begins to rise rapidly, at about 20C per minute. The heat seems to be concentrated around the tree but it is only a matter of time until it spreads.

As Kahel was retreating from the mess that Xom somehow attracted, something flew through him. It was an arrow. Looking back, he saw Viznor floating above and cursing. He soon stopped and purple fog began falling over the battlefield from Viznor's claws. Worse still, Ilium approached seemingly unafraid of the poison. When he came within about ten meters, Ilium stopped, pulled out a dagger and slit his wrist. Blood that came out coalesced into almost solid object, gripped the dagger and extended towards Kahel with clear intent to do some cuts. It was not that fast, but it could move in unexpected ways, as a deep cut o Kahel's left arm could attest to.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: September 30, 2016, 07:25:55 pm »

((Whoa, this is still alive?

That's pretty impressive. Props, DG. I'd never be able to run a game for this long.))

The two important things I have found out are such:
1)Know when to stop and continue tomorrow
2) and never put things off for more than one day.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 191.0 Crispy good and Unexpected complications
« Reply #6238 on: September 30, 2016, 08:22:42 pm »

Is it just me or is it getting hot in here? Oh wait. It is getting hotter here. I see that the fire portal tree thing is either growing larger or more powerful. I better see what I can do about that. Let operation, don't let the elemental plane of fire consume EVERTHING begin. It seems I'll need to start the ritual early or risk destroying the portal.

Begin The Following Ritual:
Summon a Flying Fortress built primarily out of blades.

Sacrificial Item #1: The  Portal to The Elemental Plane Of Fire (fire-tree)
The purpose of this item is to serve as an infinite power source/the core of the flying fortress.

Blade essence +1CMP
Blade essence +1POT
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:30:17 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 191.0 Crispy good and Unexpected complications
« Reply #6239 on: September 30, 2016, 08:30:42 pm »

((Whoa there, sacrificing the whole tree? Is that even possible?!!))
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 506