Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1197840 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 238 The calm returns
« Reply #7140 on: April 14, 2017, 12:45:14 pm »

((Cleaning cantrip (confirmed), light cantrip, heat cantrip, summon-water cantrip...maybe telekinesis cantrip?))

Cantrip check.  Also, three essences.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: April 14, 2017, 01:34:03 pm »

Head northwest.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: April 14, 2017, 01:35:41 pm »

Doktor Diabolical:

"Good. Very good."

Right ho. Mining fist bot keeps mining, because Doktor would like to get some ores for his factory... actually, Doktor Diabolical assembles(0) his recently created parts pile into a prospecting(-1) bot that obeys his orders(-1), using a +1 POT essence and a +1/+1 essence. It might not have the computing power to do its stuff right now, but when Doktor Diabolical plugs the quantum computer into it...
(Luck: 1): http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Peragus_II
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:56:18 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: April 14, 2017, 02:13:51 pm »

3 essences.
((I would be doing more interesting actions but my internet situation is changing day to day while I'm abroad))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: April 14, 2017, 02:16:30 pm »

((Cleaning cantrip (confirmed), light cantrip, heat cantrip, summon-water cantrip...maybe telekinesis cantrip?))

((Not sure what dealio with cantrips is. If it helps, all mages have some basic spells. Includes automapping, clothes repair, minor hammerspace. Possibly conversation time dialation.))

Heal frozen mage properly this time.
2 summon essences.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: April 14, 2017, 10:22:30 pm »

Make three essences.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: April 15, 2017, 09:56:28 am »

Well, that was easy.

Charge 3 essences. Power might come in handy some time in the near future.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 237 Spatial fluctuations
« Reply #7147 on: April 15, 2017, 12:10:56 pm »

Reattempt to summon the glass brazier.
If it succeeds, pour some luck into it, then invert the fluid into essence of misfortune, using 2 +1/+1 essences and drawing from the magma-aether for power.
If it does not, enter the tower and summon an animate glass marble, 2 +1/+1s.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 236 Layers of containment
« Reply #7148 on: April 17, 2017, 05:19:10 am »

Redrum paused in his journey for a moment and sent more power into his hydra, seeking to oil the old joints to make them a tad more dexterous. It kinda worked out but not to the point where he could consider the change significant. Maybe another go at it would solve this?

Have another go at it. +1POT
2 essences.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: April 17, 2017, 06:58:15 pm »

Turn 239

Doktor Diabolical:

"Good. Very good."

Right ho. Mining fist bot keeps mining, because Doktor would like to get some ores for his factory... actually, Doktor Diabolical assembles(0) his recently created parts pile into a prospecting(-1) bot that obeys his orders(-1), using a +1 POT essence and a +1/+1 essence. It might not have the computing power to do its stuff right now, but when Doktor Diabolical plugs the quantum computer into it... afterwards, he makes 2 essences.

{I'm assuming you mean the small pile of parts here}

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doktor, not too satisfied with slow results of his miner bot, built a small helper bot with sensors for metals. Hopefully, it would help to get something useful sometime soon.

Magus looked through the cantrips book again. The light conjuring section was quite expansive, detailing not only the usual light spell but also some firework conjuring tricks. Heat cantrip was suspiciously missing, probably assuming that anyone using this would be able to just make a fire. There was a water conjuring spell, not particularly complicated, but when you flipped to minor telekinesis you found the pages torn out. Did someone use them for practice?

Head northwest.

Cuberac left the blasted fields and moved northwest. He passed by the Tower, glancing over burning and burned fields. He stopped a short distance from iceberg filled lakes.

3 essences.
((I would be doing more interesting actions but my internet situation is changing day to day while I'm abroad))

Skeliborn continued gathering power.

((Not sure what dealio with cantrips is. If it helps, all mages have some basic spells. Includes automapping, clothes repair, minor hammerspace. Possibly conversation time dialation.))

Heal frozen mage properly this time.
2 summon essences.

{He found a book of cantrips. Basically, he gets some spells outside of his Affinity.}

James cast healing forces on Ao again and this time results were far better. Flesh that threatened to go necrotic regained it's usual color and blood returned to blood vessels. All that remained of the frost was a runny nose.

Make three essences.

Marcus gathered more power but some of it was stolen again by the nanobots. It was hard to estimate exactly how effective they were, but it was probably comparable to an actual acid. Except that it burned more as time passed.

Well, that was easy.

Charge 3 essences. Power might come in handy some time in the near future.

Chorkinaan, not wanting to approach the mushroom quite yet, gathered more power. In case the mushroom, or something around it proved more dangerous than it looked, it was better to be prepared.

Reattempt to summon the glass brazier.
If it succeeds, pour some luck into it, then invert the fluid into essence of misfortune, using 2 +1/+1 essences and drawing from the magma-aether for power.
If it does not, enter the tower and summon an animate glass marble, 2 +1/+1s.

Gambler attempted to conjure a brasier but it seemed that it was just not meant to be as what appeared was a glass box. Shoebox, going by size. Since this was not particularly useful, Gambler returned to the Tower and conjured some animate glass marbles. Soon afterwards, every glass marble smashed itself into a wall and shattered. It was less than great, especially since glass splinters were no less sharp than larger blades.

Redrum paused in his journey for a moment and sent more power into his hydra, seeking to oil the old joints to make them a tad more dexterous. It kinda worked out but not to the point where he could consider the change significant. Maybe another go at it would solve this?

Have another go at it. +1POT
2 essences.

Redrum injected more power into the Hydra and wrapped it around the joints of the great beast. The bones were bound with a connection that lost no strength but gained in ability to stretch. With greater ability to bend the joints came greater dexterity and also more complex attack moves.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 239 Building superweapons
« Reply #7150 on: April 17, 2017, 06:59:46 pm »

PM's come tomorrow.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: April 17, 2017, 11:12:52 pm »

3 essences
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: April 18, 2017, 01:26:47 am »

May we all just take a moment to admire ironsnake345's rolls this turn?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: April 18, 2017, 01:30:40 am »

May we all just take a moment to admire ironsnake345's rolls this turn?

((That is truly wonderful. It's a shame they were wasted on essences.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: April 18, 2017, 05:24:26 am »

"Many thanks for thawing me properly. I might have done it myself, but not as well as you did. So I'll try to repay your kindess in the future."

More sword experiments. Also, essence roulette just because I'm in good shape again.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 506