Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2174 2175 [2176] 2177 2178 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3630399 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #32625 on: October 05, 2019, 04:04:40 am »

The North-West continues to be utterly fixated on the North-West, big surprise.

Race and gender have nothing to do with being good or bad. You want to know about old people messing up the world? Look at Africa. The tin-pot dictators are not white, and if you want to blame white people for Africa not being an enlightened post-futurist utopia... I dunno what to tell you. The conquest of Africa was not pleasant, but it didn't magically birth African sociopaths either. You want to know about imperialist dictators with a world-wide reach ruining things? Look at China. Hey, look next door and you can see middle-aged Hispanic men ruining things. Look a little further into the past and you can see young men of all races committing atrocities.

Admittedly, I'm short on women, but that's more a function of it being harder for them to get into power.

Saying all old white men are evil is an appallingly racist, Eurocentric view of the world stemming from ignorance and is about 0% better than, say, hating all black people. Everyone has the potential to be good or bad.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32626 on: October 05, 2019, 04:09:11 am »

Again, our political problems in the US amount to old white guys being evil, I mean shit, you think I'm bothered by Trump?

Nah, he's wayyy down the list, you see that turtle headed motherfucker peeking out from behind him in the picture up there named McConnell? You know, the one who made sure doofus Trump was able to seat two supreme court justices, one of whom ranted and raged when his white male privilege was challenged during his confirmation hearing?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 04:11:21 am by Max™ »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32627 on: October 05, 2019, 04:16:21 am »

Conversely, it was the women in my family who were the most blatantly fucked up. My aunt the psychopath. My grandmother the delusional family idealist who refused to acknowledge any discord (such as my mother's food allergies, to take one of the more harmless examples) because it didn't fit her view. My great-grandmother who decided she was going to take her youngest son with her when committing suicide. My other aunts the selfish, entitled, egotistical womanchildren.

Not to mention the number of unrelated women who helped fuck me up along the way, like the gal I lost my virginity to who sexually exploited me when I was too drunk to understand what was going on and then told me the morning after that she'd decided against reporting me for rape because I'd performed fairly well by her standards.

It's people. People are shit. Not men, not women, not whitey. I acknowledge and feel the resentment within myself, the desire to lash out at the hypocrisy and evil I felt I've been subjected to by the female sex, but I understand that it's a flawed assessment and I don't blame all of them for the horrid actions of the few, even if those few are the ones who have been in my life up to this point.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32628 on: October 05, 2019, 07:15:03 am »

This went in a strange direction...

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32629 on: October 05, 2019, 07:47:00 am »

This went in a strange direction...
Yes, yes it did

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32630 on: October 05, 2019, 09:27:43 am »

Old white dudes are only responsible for the majority of suffering caused by old sociopaths because old white dudes had the best boats, is I think the thing everyone's saying angrily here.

Regardless, what matters is getting our particular sociopathic old white dudes out of their seats of power and replacing them with something marginally better.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32631 on: October 05, 2019, 09:32:18 am »

Again, look at the US since Reagan was in office, look at all the fucked up shit that's been pushed, fought over, killed completely, and successfully used to screw over everyone who isn't in the ever shrinking percent of the US composed of white dudes.

Hell, look at the congresscritters both parties picked up last year and look at their platforms/positions and tell me the current republican party isn't desperately trying to fight against a demographic tide with every fucked up tool at their disposal. I mean, I'll give Crenshaw a pass for the eyepatch but fuck, you want to tell me there are maybe 5% of the 280 some-odd republicans who aren't white guys in the 116th congress and seriously say that isn't a fucked up situation BEFORE taking into consideration their silence on all the shit Trump has been doing?

Nah, I'll grant you it may just be a coincidence that these fuckers look like wonderbread started baking politicians and they're determined to continue the tradition of fucking over the poor, the brown, the young, and the female people in this country which they inherited from that shithead Newt, but that's being awfully generous to a lot of people who most definitely will not return the favor, so why do it?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32632 on: October 05, 2019, 09:33:48 am »

There's a selection bias to overcome.

The people that are not sociopaths, do not want to control other people's lives, and so do not naturally seek positions of power.
Meanwhile, self-serving sociopaths are drawn to that like moths to fluorescent bulbs.

Ergo-- If a person is a self-initiated politician, they are many times more likely to be a sociopath than not.  This is why replacing them is not working out like it should; We keep replacing them with similarly defective models.

I would go so far as to say that these positions NEED to have a qualified mental health expert screen them for sociopathy before they can take office, and have that diagnosis verified by ANOTHER, randomly selected mental health practitioner, because basically all of these problems stem from sociopathic behaviors.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32633 on: October 05, 2019, 09:46:33 am »

That too, it did get missed in my ranting that my biggest thing is old white dudes seeking power over others, because hey, that shit hasn't been working out so well, and while I hate seeing people worship the founders like deific icons of  wisdom and eqalitarianism, they were wise to their own shit and tried to put pre-emptive roadblocks in place so it wouldn't get as bad as it had over in Europe.

They didn't expect someone as shameless and greedy and crude and dumb as Trump would ever end up actually being elected and promptly ignore all the traditional bounds prior presidents had for the most part respected and passed off to their successors dutifully, nor did they have any way to account for shit like the 2010/12 gerrymandering bullshit or how powerful datacrunching shit like facebook info could become, and here we are now.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #32634 on: October 05, 2019, 11:16:03 am »

Am I the only one bothered by this blatant racial and gender bias?

I was willing to ignore it at first, but we now have several pages of implications that a person's capacity to lead is intrinsically linked to their skin pigmentation and genital structure. I do not believe that such accusations have been backed by any plausible science, and I feel that normalizing such beliefs can be deeply harmful to our society.

This is not okay.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32635 on: October 05, 2019, 11:39:04 am »

The ageism thing isn't really constructive either. I know it's easy to say old people are to blame for everything, but this then just moves onto the explicit claim that when the "generational change" happens and the young people end up in charge then things will magically get better. You know what, every generation for the last 20 generations has thought the same thing, and it doesn't happen. Gen-Z are already tilting further conservative than the previous generation.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 11:40:53 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32636 on: October 05, 2019, 12:05:03 pm »

Are millenials Generation Y?
Love, scriver~

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32637 on: October 05, 2019, 01:11:03 pm »

Am I the only one bothered by this blatant racial and gender bias?

I was willing to ignore it at first, but we now have several pages of implications that a person's capacity to lead is intrinsically linked to their skin pigmentation and genital structure. I do not believe that such accusations have been backed by any plausible science, and I feel that normalizing such beliefs can be deeply harmful to our society.

This is not okay.

You're not the only one bothered.

Not to mention that that sort of attitude only reinforces the dumb beliefs of groups like white supremacists and male supremacists use to spread their ideology. The "We're under attack, they hate us for our penises and skin color!" messaging works well for them, and it only benefits them when you give them examples of people who actually do hate them for their penises and skin color.

Are millenials Generation Y?
For some definitions of millenials, yes. Generation Y is the generation after Generation X which came after the baby boomers. Gen Y I believe is born sometime in the 1980s to early 2000s.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 01:13:58 pm by sluissa »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • got it all worked out, don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32638 on: October 05, 2019, 01:55:52 pm »

and it only benefits them when you give them examples of people who actually do hate them for their penises and skin color.
Not really? They'd just make up examples and pretend they're real anyways. Actually, that's what they're doing. You never see anyone trying to support "our while maleness is under attack!" using evidence or facts, even if they technically could.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32639 on: October 05, 2019, 03:19:10 pm »

I am not trying to support Max's rhetoric here, but the above is not true.  It does exist, it is just derided.

See these examples.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/that-google-engineer-isnt-alone-other-white-men-say-theyre-discriminated-against-2018-01-09
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/listen/201808/open-letter-white-boys
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/nation-now/2018/10/28/white-male-bashing-trend-dangerous-saritha-prabhu-column/1778385002/

If you note, my interjection had nothing to do with race, only sociopathy. We just have an incumbency of white politicians, who, having a high liklihood of harboring sociopathic tendencies, have rigged the system in their favor.  Any racial demographic will have done the same thing, because it is what sociopathic personalities do. (See for instance, the cray-cray in Thailand over the king.-- Or if that is not enough for you, you can see this paper, which found very little difference in psycopathic personality disorder rates between ethnicities.)

The solution is still the same though-- They need to not be in office. We have diagnostic tests to determine these behavioral traits, and our potential leaders should be tested to assure they do not have these traits. The risk of the system being captured is high, which is why there is a need to re-affirm a diagnosis with a randomly selected mental health professional capable of making the determination, with lots of oversight.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 03:22:11 pm by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 2174 2175 [2176] 2177 2178 ... 3515