Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651296 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: We Tekken now
« Reply #3855 on: November 25, 2014, 10:34:26 pm »

I recently got X, anyone else still playing, or have advice?  I'm basically running through the game without a care, until I beat it, then I'm going into super breeding.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: November 26, 2014, 12:41:42 am »

Since X and Y.
Apparently it does -not- include baby Pokemon... Normally they can't breed and some can be caught in the wild, like this Happiny I just caught in ORAS today that, according to judge, only has a single 31 IV, atk.
So I find it hard to believe that it's "All wild pokemon that can't breed are guaranteed to have three perfect IVs."
Now yes, Happiny and other baby Pokemon can be bred, but they themselves cannot breed.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: November 26, 2014, 12:48:18 am »

That's really semantics though.  You're avoiding the intent of the message.  You know what he meant and we all know what he meant, but you've got to be that one "Twelve Items Or Fewer" guy...

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: November 26, 2014, 01:12:50 am »

That's really semantics though.  You're avoiding the intent of the message.  You know what he meant and we all know what he meant, but you've got to be that one "Twelve Items Or Fewer" guy...
Actually they informed me of a system mechanic I knew nothing of and, I presume, in the while of that hinted I shouldn't get too thrilled about my catpure's stats.
That's what I gather from their message, anyways. I'm simply informing them that the info they told me might be a little skewed by the term "all".

But regardless, and getting on subject.
Finally got around to doing my Item trade-overs, so now I can get around to setting up my Rotation team.
Can't decide if i should use a defender or not though...I'm so used to sweepers or psuedo-sweepers

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: November 26, 2014, 02:58:36 am »

I recently got X, anyone else still playing, or have advice?  I'm basically running through the game without a care, until I beat it, then I'm going into super breeding.

I still play every now and then. As to advice, story-wise I don't really have much - it's an easy game and as long as your team is relatively well leveled, you won't have much issue.

After the end of the game, you want to do breeding? Well, first off, your "base" to work from is a foreign preferably as high IV as possible Ditto.

High IV - can be checked by the judge in that south eastern town, I believe? It's a measure of base statistics of the pokemon. Higher IVs mean higher stats when fully trained.
Foreign - Any from a region that is not your own. I've got one foreign Ditto left. Why is this good? Well, having a foreign parent as a breeder drastically increases the chance of it being shiny. It's really just a matter of whether you want a shiny or not.
Ditto - it can breed with anything, regardless of gender, as long as it's breedable.

Since X and Y.
Apparently it does -not- include baby Pokemon... Normally they can't breed and some can be caught in the wild, like this Happiny I just caught in ORAS today that, according to judge, only has a single 31 IV, atk.
So I find it hard to believe that it's "All wild pokemon that can't breed are guaranteed to have three perfect IVs."
Now yes, Happiny and other baby Pokemon can be bred, but they themselves cannot breed.

Pfeh, splitting hairs. Baby pokemon cannot breed, ergo, they are guaranteed to have three perfect IVs as long as they're caught in the wild.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: November 26, 2014, 05:26:33 am »

Since X and Y.

Pfeh, splitting hairs. Baby pokemon cannot breed, ergo, they are guaranteed to have three perfect IVs as long as they're caught in the wild.
I do clearly remember implying it was caught in the wild, cannot breed and yet only had one single max IV. In fact you quoted me on that statement but in hindsight see I wasn't very clear on how I caught it. Spoiler tag for that info as just being cautious.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But anyways...
How does Wish work in Rotation battles? Does it get cast then when it triggers heal whoever's taking the lead or just the caster?
---I know switching in the recipient in singles lets it heal who's in battle after the switch so I'm just curious. Seeing as they're all technically in the battle that's the part tripping me up.

EDIT: Found out thanks to a nice find on a site I use for planning my EV training. Anyways....
Going back to that whole use a defender on my rotation team, How does Skarmory fair as a defender?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:42:07 am by RekkaAtsuma »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: November 26, 2014, 11:33:28 am »

How does Skarmory fair as a defender?
One of the best in the game for over a decade. Steer clear of special super effective moves and you'll probably not get 2HKO'd by much in the game.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: November 26, 2014, 11:46:36 am »

One of the best in the game for over a decade. Steer clear of special super effective moves and you'll probably not get 2HKO'd by much in the game.
Well the major note is that this is for rotation, so I could throw in wish support but I'd also have more foes to deal with too.
The idea is to have something that can actually take attacks, I've only ever used Sweepers or Pseudo-Sweepers.
My judgements in rotating my Pokemon have been my saving grace, but it'd be really nice to have a Pokemon that can survive more than 2 hits.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: *Trumpets*
« Reply #3863 on: November 26, 2014, 02:33:41 pm »

Yeah, that's why I recommended Skarmory. It can survive more than two hits from just about anything in the game.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: November 26, 2014, 02:39:03 pm »

Well the major note is that this is for rotation, so I could throw in wish support but I'd also have more foes to deal with too.
The idea is to have something that can actually take attacks, I've only ever used Sweepers or Pseudo-Sweepers.
My judgements in rotating my Pokemon have been my saving grace, but it'd be really nice to have a Pokemon that can survive more than 2 hits.

I like rotating more than walls, more fun and exciting.  Like the difference between a toughness and agility character in a video game.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: November 26, 2014, 03:00:51 pm »

Skarmory does that super annoying "stealth rock + spikes + whirlwind" thing. Seriously, it's so douchy.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: November 26, 2014, 03:17:40 pm »

That's certainly one set. I usually use it as more of a bulky wall, using Roost to stay healthy while hitting hard with Brave Bird or any number of its decent offensive moves. Erode their offensive pokemon enough for your own to 1HKO them later.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: November 26, 2014, 03:44:11 pm »

"Erode their offensive pokemon enough for your own to 1HKO them later."

This sounds like stealth rock + spikes + whirlwind to me brah. You can't fool me!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: November 26, 2014, 05:05:41 pm »

Two means to the same end.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: November 26, 2014, 08:04:51 pm »

Back in the day, the most feared defensive core was SkarmBliss, with Skarmory's not insignificant offense, and great typing and physical defense, coupled with Blissey's titanic HP and Special defense, along with various clerical moves. There was little that could stand up to it, because whatever hit Skarmory couldn't tank, Blissey could. If Skarmory got statused, Blissey could use Heal Bell. If Skarmory got injured, Blissey could use Wish to pass huge heals to it. if Blissey got injured, it could heal itself with Softboiled.

Of course, a speedy Taunter could shut down Blissey very easily, but they weren't really around until early gen 3.
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 463