Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651282 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: *Trumpets*
« Reply #3870 on: November 26, 2014, 09:14:15 pm »

That's certainly one set. I usually use it as more of a bulky wall, using Roost to stay healthy...
This is part of my idea.
I could have a Rotation ally carry Wish to heal itself or my other pokemon, and even provide massive healing to Skarmory when combined with Roost.
And considering on of my sweepers is a recoil sweeper, I feel that this wish support would be a good Idea.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: November 27, 2014, 02:54:14 pm »

The best Poke Men will always be Sableye.  Taunt/burn in the opening rounds can throw an enemy so far off his game he never really gets back on top.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: November 27, 2014, 03:14:24 pm »

Go Sableye!

Go Absol!

Oh fuck wat do!? I can't do a thing because he's going to megaevolve and have magic bounce! I need to switch out! But if I do that he's going to swords dance! Then he'll sweep my entire team!!!! FUUUUUCK.

^ True story.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: November 27, 2014, 03:32:59 pm »

I know one Pokemon that could stand up to such a menace! Switch to good 'ol Unaware Quagsire. Using a.... weird set. Sub-Punch with any item and even a negative nature can OHKO. You can just switch in on turn one, since if the Absol attacks (even with few defense stats on the Quagsire) the Quagsire should live fine. Next turn you'll definitely have enough HP to substitute unless they're using an even weirder SpA-focused Absol that happens to have HP Grass. If they stick around to break your substitute, they die to Focus Punch. If they switch out, someone else gets to eat a 150 power move for free and you still have your substitute up.

Unaware Quagsire has been one of my favorites for going anti-meta in the higher tiers since 4th gen. The classic Kyogre-eater. (But not anymore, with the newer Kyogre movesets and more varied Ubers tier.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: November 27, 2014, 08:03:15 pm »

Speaking of Pokemon using status and all, what exactly happens if both Pokemon know magic bounce and a status or hazard move like is used?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: November 27, 2014, 08:04:45 pm »

It bounces only once. So in an Espeon vs Espeon battle, if your Espeon uses toxic, it'll end up toxic-ing itself.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: November 27, 2014, 08:14:19 pm »

It bounces only once. So in an Espeon vs Espeon battle, if your Espeon uses toxic, it'll end up toxic-ing itself.
That's what I had figured. Thanks.
That's good info to learn before I roll out Kyubey(Espeon) on a team.

But back to Skarmory
I'm wanting to build it like the typical physical wall set, but more focused on surviving blows, so Brave Bird doesn't sound fitting due to recoil as the idea is to use each HP for taking blows, but I know it needs one attack to avoid being locked out by Taunt, So....Suggestions for moveset?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: November 27, 2014, 08:20:11 pm »

But back to Skarmory
I'm wanting to build it like the typical physical wall set, but more focused on surviving blows, so Brave Bird doesn't sound fitting due to recoil as the idea is to use each HP for taking blows, but I know it needs one attack to avoid being locked out by Taunt, So....Suggestions for moveset?

Brave Bird is the generally accepted move because it gets STAB, and is a decently strong move. If you're running a SkarmBliss core, you can pass a Wish to it anyway, and most modern Skarmory carry Roost too.
Ideally you won't be using it that much anyway.

If you really want to avoid recoil damage, there's Drill Peck, which is 80 + STAB power with no drawbacks, but that's a hell of a lot of power Skarmory is losing out on.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: November 27, 2014, 08:27:33 pm »

But back to Skarmory

Brave Bird is the generally accepted move because it gets STAB, and is a decently strong move. If you're running a SkarmBliss core, you can pass a Wish to it anyway, and most modern Skarmory carry Roost too.

If you really want to avoid recoil damage, there's Drill Peck, which is 80 + STAB power with no drawbacks, but that's a hell of a lot of power Skarmory is losing out on.
One of it's allies in my rotation team will have wish and Skarmory will have roost, yes, But I really hate the idea of having a defender use a recoil move when their purpose is to use the DEF/SpDEF and HP to take hits. So yeah Drill peck sounds far more up my alley. Especially considering I use mostly sweepers(and ones with plenty of coverage), So I won't be out of those unless I've technically already lost.
(That and one of my sweepers is a recoil sweeper so dual recoil users....not my idea of fun)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: November 27, 2014, 11:21:00 pm »

Go Sableye!

Go Absol!

Oh fuck wat do!? I can't do a thing because he's going to megaevolve and have magic bounce! I need to switch out! But if I do that he's going to swords dance! Then he'll sweep my entire team!!!! FUUUUUCK.

^ True story.

Well yeah, that's cause Battle Poking Person sucks now.  I only played in BW  8)
Shoes...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: November 28, 2014, 01:06:50 am »

But back to Skarmory

One of it's allies in my rotation team will have wish and Skarmory will have roost, yes, But I really hate the idea of having a defender use a recoil move when their purpose is to use the DEF/SpDEF and HP to take hits. So yeah Drill peck sounds far more up my alley. Especially considering I use mostly sweepers(and ones with plenty of coverage), So I won't be out of those unless I've technically already lost.
(That and one of my sweepers is a recoil sweeper so dual recoil users....not my idea of fun)

You'll need to have one of its parents be a Dodrio or Fearow that knows Drill Peck, then.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: November 28, 2014, 02:02:19 am »

Okay one final thing for Rotation Battles:
Burn/Poison DMG:
If I poison their first pokemon, and they rotate it out, will it still take the damage per turn of it's affliction?
--and by extension will Badly Poisoned like with Toxic still increase in dmg over turn if the afflicted is not rotated in.

Regardless I will run a Toxic user as I have Burns covered, so just trying to make sure I know my limits.
(I've only done 2 wireless, local, casual rotations, same foe, neither of us had burn/poison effects, but used ParaFusion.)
That'll be all the info I'll need to get started team planning.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: November 28, 2014, 02:32:08 am »

So I thought this might go here for lack of a better option.

I've been trying to buy ORZ on eshop a couple times since it was released in Europe, but I keep getting error 026-7512. I don't have access to a better internet browser than my 3DS, which sucks - could someone look the code up for me? Preliminary googles show that nintendo's support is too weighty a page to load on this thing, so...
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: November 28, 2014, 03:08:46 am »

It means you don't have funds in your account / not letting you add funds to your account.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: November 28, 2014, 03:16:34 am »

The 3DS support page is too heavy to load on a 3DS?
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 463