Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 652398 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: *Trumpets*
« Reply #4080 on: January 29, 2015, 02:14:52 pm »

POKEMON VIETNAMESE CRYSTAL
HOW BAG FUCK?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: January 29, 2015, 03:06:47 pm »

Contrary serperior is pretty good, though I haven't played him yet.  Can't get away from the awful typing though, contrary doesn't matter if he gets forced out and there's a ton of OU pokemon that laugh at leaf storm.
Shoes...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: January 29, 2015, 03:38:43 pm »

Problem is that Serperior needs coverage, and Hidden Power can only do so much.  For Pokemon like Ferrothorn, HP Fire is best.  For Talonflame, HP Rock is ideal for the switch (though it's not quite so good once it's already in, due to Gale Wings priority).  For Venusaur or Heatran, HP Ground does wonders.  The only problem is that Serperior can only use one of the three.  That's really the only thing keeping Serperior back right now, but I think it should make a solid UU once the tiers settle in.  I would have said that Emboar would go up a tier if it weren't already RU, since Reckless boosts three useful coverage moves, but on the down side, I don't see Shell Armor Samurott making much headway. 

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: January 30, 2015, 07:10:53 pm »

Tiers shmeers.

Anyway, I caught a Brave Gulpin in OR and it came with Acid Armor, Amnesia, Acid Spray, and Sludge. It seems prime to be a solid tank, at least against the AI, and I'm working on raising its base defensive stats and SpAtk in Super Training. I have the odd impression that I might never change any of his moves, except maybe trading Sludge for Sludge Bomb or some other more powerful Special Attack.
So my question is: how far off base am I in assuming that this humble Gulpin can become a blubbery iron wall? Should I just give up now? I'm oddly attached to the little guy after he made mincemeat of May's team.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: January 30, 2015, 08:12:19 pm »

He could be a blubbery wall against the AI but players would just phaze him out if they needed to, not to mention his base stats aren't really that good.  Defense boosters aren't that good since they can be phazed and really the best defense is always a good offense.  An enemy can't hit you very hard if you've got a shield, but he can't hit you at all if he's dead.

He'd only be a blubbery wall though, with weak attacks and nothing to really force switches aside from a 30% chance to poison.  In other words, massive setup bait.  Against the AI though, I guess anything works.   They're probably not smart enough to take advantage of his problems.
Shoes...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: January 30, 2015, 08:16:36 pm »

Figured as much. I assume Swallot has the same problems?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: January 30, 2015, 09:43:55 pm »

POKEMON VIETNAMESE CRYSTAL
HOW BAG FUCK?
I'm the first mankind, all over the world!

I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. TO DO THIS, I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE.
if any of you S.O.B.'s OOC that I will destroy you with evil magic and make a terrible pun about it

Tiers shmeers.
tires don exits
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: January 30, 2015, 09:56:16 pm »

Figured as much. I assume Swallot has the same problems?

Pretty much. Swalot is fairly inoffensive.

What he's got going for him is the ability to come in on Toxic Spikes or Toxic and ignore it, but that's about it. He can also counter Leech Seed users with Liquid Ooze, but that's horribly niche. Few people would risk leaving their grass type in against most Poison types.

His best set revolves around Encore and Toxic, and plinking the foe down with Sludge Bomb or Earthquake. Earthquake can be replaced with Pain Split for some shitty healing.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: January 30, 2015, 10:12:36 pm »

Dang. Figures that something with two good defense-boosters as a basic moveset would be unable to use them properly :/
it's okay Otoro, you're still one of my favorites

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: January 30, 2015, 11:02:47 pm »

Ah this reminds me of my Silver Days on GBC, My third LV100 was a Crobat that never left my team for any reason, it did good against everything but Red's Pikachu which utterly one-shot the fanged flurry and always outsped it, phooey.

I've only ever really liked Crobat or Tentacurel when it came to poison types, and even then I only ever used their Poison typing via the Move Toxic.

------------
I've been thinking I may add a Gliscor to my flying team, but is Gliscor really worth it?
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: January 31, 2015, 04:18:40 am »

Of course it is! Gliscor's quite a good mon, what with its walling capabilities, STAB earthquake on reasonable attack, and access to Roost to heal reliably. Nothing short of status or ice moves will kill it.
If you lack a Stealth Rocker, then Gliscor is a viable one too.
It even gets access to Poison Heal, so just have it hold a toxic orb and it's like a leftovers heal but better!

Gliscor's base defenses are 75/125/75, so pretty respectable on the physical side.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: January 31, 2015, 08:44:37 am »

So I guess no one understood what I was asking? Tawarochir was closest, as he seems to know WHAT I was talking about.

Basically I was asking if anyone knows how to get ahold of a copy/emulation/etc. of Vietnamese Crystal. It looks hilarious and I want play it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: January 31, 2015, 11:47:55 am »

So I guess no one understood what I was asking? Tawarochir was closest, as he seems to know WHAT I was talking about.

Basically I was asking if anyone knows how to get ahold of a copy/emulation/etc. of Vietnamese Crystal. It looks hilarious and I want play it.

Well, you were quoting Vietnamese Crystal, so of course you'd be incomprehensible!  :P

>Snipped.<
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 02:28:17 am by Cerol Lenslens »
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 463