Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651300 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a good lesson. Always bring something that can do any of the following: bypass Protect, bypass Substitute, suppress abilities, or yoink items. Full DPS is just looking to get walled. I guess Taunt or Heal Block would have helped during that battle as well.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

That's a good lesson. Always bring something that can do any of the following: bypass Protect, bypass Substitute, suppress abilities, or yoink items. Full DPS is just looking to get walled. I guess Taunt or Heal Block would have helped during that battle as well.
Taunt does make that team cry. So does Baton Pass.

A really powerful wallbreaker also makes it suffer. Something like a Blaziken with Swords Dance up somehow. It'll wipe the whole team.

Basically it's not very good. Just very amusing to play.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Taunt does make that team cry. So does Baton Pass.

A really powerful wallbreaker also makes it suffer. Something like a Blaziken with Swords Dance up somehow. It'll wipe the whole team.

Basically it's not very good. Just very amusing to play.

I used to run a stall team in UU. It was just too damn good; especially with the fact that the rare Medicham or Moxiecross would be run on the foe's team, both fairly easily checked. Medicham's fragile as all heck, and Heracross has a whopping 4x flying weakness.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Pokemon Go is a go, folks.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, my sister is now the proud owner of a legit Volcanion. Pretty cool. /brag

Unrelated, I'm going to be looking for a hidden ability (simple) Woobat for a breeding project later. I don't suppose anyone has one they'd be willing to trade/give away?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How? Is there an event going on? I didn't even know it was even in the Gen VI games.

And I was happy I was able to trade a breeding-reject Mawile for a Carbink.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

How? Is there an event going on? I didn't even know it was even in the Gen VI games.

And I was happy I was able to trade a breeding-reject Mawile for a Carbink.
I'm a little surprised as well. The only legit Volcanions I'm aware of come from a Japanese event for the movie featuring the Pokemon and Steampunk Diancie Magearna; it looks like they're included with tickets. The event is still ongoing for what appears to be half a year, though, so it's certainly not like it's beyond the realm of possibility.  Definitely a nice catch, though. ^_^
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 10:22:21 pm by Culise »

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's it. She's visiting Japan and has a Japanese 3DS and pre-ordered the movie tickets to get the code (and a nifty poster featuring every Pokémon ever). Since her game's set to English it has its proper English name and everything: "Volcanion" instead of "ボルケニオン".

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Nice. Volcanion is strong as all hell. One of the best legendaries to have.

Fooking water / fire type with water absorb what is this shit.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spent a good part of my afternoon break pondering the physics and biology behind feeding cupcakes - both fruit- and chocolate-flavored - to a tulip bulb.

Whatever. Petilil is so freaking adorable. Caught her this morning. She likes being pet on top of her leaves. Eeeeee~! And she really chomps down on those cakes... despite not actually having a mouth. Dammit, there I go again with the pondering...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

Obviously mouthless Grass types absorb nutrients through their bodies like regular plants do through their roots, and Game Freak neglected to articulate this particular oddity.
Black lives matter.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pokémon Amie is my favourite feature in gen VI, hands down.

I never thought I'd ever consider an Aggron cute under any circumstances but... my Aggron's really damned cute.

Plus I love the idea of dramatically conquering the legendary Pokémon threatening the entire world, and then immediately plopping down next to it and giving it belly rubs and snacks while it makes :O faces at you.

I'm going to be devastated if it doesn't return as a feature in Sun/Moon.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously, it gets boring if it's just battle, battle, battle. Keep the Pokemon-amie, bring back the Game Corner, and expand the Contests - even bringing back the Sinnoh version of the Contest would be nice.

Some people really enjoy min-max whoring, but I sincerely doubt that's the reason why anyone ever got in Pokemon.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They can't do game corner because of gambling :P
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 463