Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651287 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5655 on: November 24, 2016, 07:58:17 am »

Looking through the Festival Plaza features, you can set a message on profile as "Your Secret".. which is probably displayed to anyone who asks. One of the possible messages is your favorite NPC trainer type, "I like Rising Stars!" or such. Except the Preschooler trainer, for which the message is "I like battling Preschoolers!". Kinda wondering what you're supposed to mean by your favorite trainer type.

I'm also disappointed there's no Hex Maniac on the list. ...Am I the only one who thought Hex Maniacs were kinda hot?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: November 24, 2016, 08:40:15 am »

Having spent enough time on the internet, I can assure you that many other people think that the Hex Maniacs are hot as well. The fact that they aren't on the list is probably going to disappoint them greatly. Hopefully enough to include them in the definite version of Sun/Moon.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: November 24, 2016, 09:13:50 am »

Eh I don't care about the options to set as your secret so much as the lack of expression on the Players' faces when their secret is "I'm actually a #" when # is not the sex their avatar is.
I chose "I feel like a Girl" due to being genderfluid, and in-game I'm playing as a male-protag.
Don't get me wrong though, this shows great, albeit super-subtle acceptance for the Non-binary players, on the other-hand, it can spook some of the younger players.

I just need my dye shops and I'll be good-to-go, Dyes and GTS are the only thing Festival Plaza has going for me, and even then i may already be done using GTS.

Also I tried the in-game Battle Royal(i needed to get BP) and I've gotta say this:
I'm warming up to them, but seriously when  three pokemon tag-team your team 3 times in a row to KO you, it's pretty soul-crushing.
At least you get 1bp for participation. Thus scoring the power items is only a matter of determination and Time.

Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: November 24, 2016, 10:09:31 am »

Hmm. The Egg you get at the ranch is slightly disappointing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: November 24, 2016, 11:03:20 am »

Is anyone else here playing Moon? What do you think of the 12-hour time shift?
I tried it for a day before caving in and just shifting my system clock 12 hours... I'm not a big fan of exploring the game world at night, since I find everything being dark kind of depressing, and most of my play time is in the morning. It only just occurred to me yesterday this also means daily events are resetting at noon for me, which explains some oddities. Worth it, though, I think. I bought Moon for the legendary and exclusives, not the time weirdness.

Anyway, in case anyone is still interested in that other Pokémon game... Pokémon Go is currently having a 2x experience and stardust Thanksgiving event that lasts until the end of the month. They also finally got around to releasing Ditto. It seems any Pokémon you encounter has a small chance of actually being a ditto in disguise, and you don't find out until immediately after capturing it when it transforms back.

They've also released a new experimental "nearby" tracker in a bunch of areas (about half the US and Canada). Some people like it, but for many it's practically game-breaking. It's a variation on the one that was tested in San Fransisco for a few months, based on Pokéstops. Instead of just listing stuff that is currently somewhere around you, it shows Pokémon that are close to Pokéstops in your area and points you directly to them.
The big issue is that if you have even one Pokéstop at the edge of your range, it disables the "sightings" feature that tells you which Pokémon are within 200 metres of you in favor of showing you the Pidgeys and Rattatas attached to the distant Pokéstop which could be 20 minutes away on foot. The result being that you could have a Dragonite across the street from you and no way of knowing it.

...They put out a call for feedback via social media at the same time, so hopefully they'll take the negative reactions seriously and address them before rolling out to the rest of the world.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: November 24, 2016, 11:21:03 am »

I'm not really bothered by the time shift at all, to be honest.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: November 24, 2016, 11:47:58 am »

I have both versions, and I don't mind the timeshift either, Though it can screw with finding the right pokemon(Trump and Faticate) but seriously Gamefreak can we get Cloudy-day/Overcast-style lighting in some of these games without it being rainy?
DPPt's forest-area before the city with the second badge, but a smidge(or two) brighter is how it could look.

I know Tropical Islands don't usually get that sort of weather, and Sun as a theme implies Sunny-all-around, but even so Cloudy/Overcast days are my absolute favorite IRL, especially when only a few sun-rays peek through but strongly enough you can see their beams clearly.

Btw Solgaleo is certainly my favorite Legendary this Generation...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: November 25, 2016, 04:25:53 pm »

Can anyone offer some insight into why a female Bagon apparently won't breed with a male Deino? Bulbapedia suggests that they can breed, but the people at the nursery say that they hate each other (or something to that effect). Wasted 1,000 pokebucks on this particular experience.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: November 25, 2016, 04:28:12 pm »

Can anyone offer some insight into why a female Bagon apparently won't breed with a male Deino? Bulbapedia suggests that they can breed, but the people at the nursery say that they hate each other (or something to that effect). Wasted 1,000 pokebucks on this particular experience.

Pokémon that hate eachother can still breed.

It is if they say "Prefer to play with other pokemon" that it is a complete no go.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: November 25, 2016, 04:30:06 pm »

But if they hate each other, that implies...some unpleasant things about the nature of the produced egg :/

* Sirus wonders if keeping pokemon in the same party for awhile will make them like each other more

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: November 25, 2016, 04:38:18 pm »

But if they hate each other, that implies...some unpleasant things about the nature of the produced egg :/

* Sirus wonders if keeping pokemon in the same party for awhile will make them like each other more

No how much they like eachother is based on other factors and cannot be changed.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: November 25, 2016, 05:16:15 pm »

Same species same Id number = normal egg chance over set distance traveled in-game
Same Species Different IDs = Highest chance of Egg over same in-game distance.

Different Species, Same IDno. is Low chance, ((the message is soemthing like dont seem to like each other much, "dont like" and "hate" are not the same meaning)
Different Species with different IDno.s is normal chance.

If the two don't have a matching egg group. it kills all chances.
Ie: Bagon and Deino are in Dragon, and Charizard is in dragon too, however Charizard also is in two egg groups, the other being Monster.
---Charizard can thus breed perfectly, as drago nis shared. Dut Dragon-egg-group can't breed with Monster-egg-group, without sharing Drag/or/Mons.

So yes, Deino and Bagon can breed as they're both in the same egg group, but it'll take a while of actual gameplay for the egg to spawn.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: November 26, 2016, 03:50:20 pm »

there's an offer for a 2ds including pokemon sun or moon for 100€ running here.
I have only had a few brief interactions with other people's games and forum posts since playing the original red/blue version back in school.

in brief:
how many pokemon are there now?
how many can i catch in sun/moon?
how much will i hate myself for buying this as an adult?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: November 26, 2016, 04:06:07 pm »

There are over 700 pokemon now.
As far as I can tell, just about all of them can be caught in SuMo with the possible exception of past legendaries (using the QR Code and Island Scan feature, you can definitely get old starters as well as pokemon from other generations that can't be found in the wild of SuMo normally).
If you dislike mon games, you probably won't like this. If you do enjoy mon games, this is a fantastic example of the genre.

EDIT:
Well. Think I might have just found a new favorite Ability.
Spoiler: Corrosion (click to show/hide)
Found it on my very first Salandit, who just happens to know a poison-causing attack (along with the very-scary-at-this-stage-of-the-game Dragon Rage). I just might have to train this little lady lizard, especially considering my party's total lack of fire users.

Also, has anyone managed to discover what differences, if any, the various colors of beans have?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 07:40:41 pm by Sirus »

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: November 26, 2016, 09:53:33 pm »

There are over 700 pokemon now.
As far as I can tell, just about all of them can be caught in SuMo with the possible exception of past legendaries (using the QR Code and Island Scan feature, you can definitely get old starters as well as pokemon from other generations that can't be found in the wild of SuMo normally).
If you dislike mon games, you probably won't like this. If you do enjoy mon games, this is a fantastic example of the genre.

EDIT:
Well. Think I might have just found a new favorite Ability.
Spoiler: Corrosion (click to show/hide)
Found it on my very first Salandit, who just happens to know a poison-causing attack (along with the very-scary-at-this-stage-of-the-game Dragon Rage). I just might have to train this little lady lizard, especially considering my party's total lack of fire users.

Also, has anyone managed to discover what differences, if any, the various colors of beans have?

800+ mons if you count the UBs.

i think it is similar to pokepuffs in X n Y, in so far as I've heard, they may do something, just the differences are insignificantly small.

the special and rambow beans though do do things differently, they increase love by A LOT. example: i gave a special bean to my mimikkyu when it only had one heart, and it jumped up to four.

edit: oh and corrosive ability + toxic + time = OK any pokee. i love my little lizard girly
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 09:55:24 pm by uber pye »
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 463