Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 652515 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #6030 on: April 25, 2017, 06:58:38 pm »

Just want to mention that if you can find a poke with forsight or soak those will let you false swipe a ghost too.  My ducidueye is my false swiper and while she's not the most ideal since I don't think they can learn a lot of useful chaining skills, she does know forsight, allowing her to still be useful for chaining (or catching) ghost types.  And so far I've not needed anything more specialized.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:01:55 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: April 25, 2017, 08:39:11 pm »

It just hit me, why is False Swipe being mentioned? Do lower HP Pokemon summon more often? If it's just to skip turns, trying to use an Adrenaline Orb after one is already used will skip a turn without wasting the orb.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: April 25, 2017, 09:29:22 pm »

It just hit me, why is False Swipe being mentioned? Do lower HP Pokemon summon more often?
Yes. It's how you chain in this one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5d55id/a_guide_to_chaining_for_pokemon_in_sunmoon/

The Pokemon typically should be under 50% health to call for help, as the lower the health the higher probability it will succeed in calling an ally. Adrenaline Orbs increase the probability to better odds, so they should always be used.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: April 27, 2017, 05:05:54 pm »

Currently running through a Battle Tree Single, pausing it at battle 15, which I think is the furthest I've gotten so far in Single battles. My team is Garchomp, Mawile, and Cloyster. Cloyster seems to be fudging up the AI's counter-team decision making(probably called fnct screw_player() in the source code), as doing it with Wishiwashi rarely went well(stupid Backpackers). Garchomp is kicking ass this way, and Mawile mops whatever he misses easily. Outrage->Devastating Drake is an incredible artillery, and Outrage itself is pretty good. The number of Steel- and Rock-type(and a few Electric-type) Pokemon that show up are hit pretty well with Sand Tomb, and the inevitable Fairy-types get hurt from Iron Head.

Only had to send in Cloyster twice, one of those was against a stupid Steel tank team with Steelix and Metagross. While Steelix was busy Cursing itself(and Resting any damage), Cloyster was busy buffing with Double Team and Iron Defense, to the point it was untouchable. Steelix was running low on PP, and switched to Metagross, who was unable to deal more than a small amount of scratch damage due to the buffs before being plinked down with Icicle Spear. Steelix eventually burned out via Struggle.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: April 27, 2017, 08:34:15 pm »

Awesome, you'll acually get a  reward for beating lv 20 of battle tree singles unlike the others.  Nice set of megastones.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: April 28, 2017, 05:41:54 am »

Damn, almost lost because Iron Head missed a Beartic, despite there being no conditions that would cause it to: it's accuracy is 100%, no changes to accuracy/evasion, Garchomp was under the effects of Encore from the previous Shuckle(that also landed a couple of Bug Bites), but no other effects.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: April 28, 2017, 06:00:46 am »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: April 28, 2017, 04:57:36 pm »

Figures. Tried to do a Multi-Battle run, and the partner I had used a Barbaracle holding that. Lost to a Mega Blastoise with a full set of moves its ability gives a boost to.

Did beat Red, though. Garchomp went down right away, failing to one-shot Lapras with Devastating Drake. But when Lapras Rested to heal, it lacked a Chesto Berry, leaving Mawile to clean out. Only won because his Charizard used Shadow Claw instead of Flamethrower or some other from of deep-fried-screw-you.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: April 29, 2017, 12:43:27 am »

Figures. Tried to do a Multi-Battle run, and the partner I had used a Barbaracle holding that. Lost to a Mega Blastoise with a full set of moves its ability gives a boost to.

Did beat Red, though. Garchomp went down right away, failing to one-shot Lapras with Devastating Drake. But when Lapras Rested to heal, it lacked a Chesto Berry, leaving Mawile to clean out. Only won because his Charizard used Shadow Claw instead of Flamethrower or some other from of deep-fried-screw-you.

Chomp's just a liability, CJ. I guarantee that if you have a 4x weakness leading your team that the Battle Tree will try its darndest to counter it. I've been running Aegislash / Salamence-M, but I switch out the Salamence into my Azumarill if there's even a hint of an ice type attack. Plus, Aegislash almost never gets targeted if there's an ice type pokemon on the other side of the field, letting me easily clean up with Flash Cannon. Chomp's Intimidate doesn't work that well against ice types given most of them use Special rather than Physical moves.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: April 29, 2017, 04:30:21 am »

...Garchomp doesn't get Intimidate. It gets Sand Veil, and mine has its Hidden Ability, Rough Skin. And many Ice-types are terrible defensively, meaning they can be usually nuked in one hit from Devastating Drake, or smashed with Iron Head(either Garchomp's or Mega Mawile's). Lapras was one of the only ones to actually give me any trouble.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: April 29, 2017, 06:24:12 am »

oh whoops, i guess i mixed up Salamence and Garchomp's abilities.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: April 29, 2017, 07:53:16 am »

Sometimes 4x weaknesses can be ok. I ran Salamance and Garchomp together in my doubles team. This meant that there was an inordinate amount of Ice-Type teams the game was willing to throw at me. The other two mons in the lead? Alolan Ninetails and Alolan Sandslash. Most Ice Types the game threw out weren't even able to touch them, especially after throwing out an Aurora Veil. 
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: April 29, 2017, 12:28:01 pm »

I've been having quite a bit of success with a debuff Arcanine, and a Salemence, Mega Charizard Y (a member of my triples team from X/Y), and Zoroark.

The arcanine is specifically built to disable the enemy team offensively.  Intimidate on switch in, spam snarl(AoE 100% spatk down, 30 power Dark) against special attackers, throw a will-o-wisp at physical attackers, protect for blocking, and burn up(and a firium-z) for dealing with stuff that must die.  Burn up can only be used once on switch in, twice if I z crystal it, but it is probably the hardest hitting non legendary exclusive move in the game, and it literally makes arcanine weak to nothing after it finishes.

Salemence gives me a second intimidate to switch in if arcanine's having trouble with physical attackers, and otherwise is a basic physical offensive poke.

Charizard Y gives me sun to help shut down water types, and rocks heat wave, dragon pulse, and fire pledge(he used to be paired with a grass pledge sceptile in x/y and ORAS) for when I suspect something's going to mirror coat and I need to single target.

Zoroark is the shinanigans holding a bright powder to try to extend the illusion as long as possible.  Shutting down most walls and stealing tailwinds with snatch, and using taunt when necessary, and inflicting good damage with high powered night daze and usually sun boosted flamethrowers.  I usually disguise her as my Salemence.

Currently at fight 25 of super double battle.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: April 30, 2017, 12:18:38 am »

Out of curiosity, has anybody else tried participating in the online competitions? I was really into Pokemon for, well, most of the winter season and had a lot of fun with the first few (breeding tedium nonsense aside). The VGC International Challenge ones (which the one this weekend was) are my least favorite just because I don't care for doubles, but it did give me an excuse to use Choice Band Soak Pelipper alongside Tapu Koko. (This works better than you would expect.)

Coming back after a couple of months, it's clear that the way I play games is flawed (long binges followed by picking it up much later). My boxes are a mess of breeding-projects-in-waiting, random garbage for rigging the lottery, finished Pokemon, and a few dozen Celesteela from when I was power trading for legendaries.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: April 30, 2017, 12:34:08 am »

I hate fighting Celesteela so much.

I don't even know why. It's not like it's particularly amazing other than its typing being pretty fricking good... but I hate fighting it.
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 463