Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5486 5487 [5488] 5489 5490 ... 10989

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13450435 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82305 on: July 31, 2015, 09:12:13 pm »

... did your service provider at least refund the 8-11 days they didn't provide?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82306 on: July 31, 2015, 09:20:01 pm »

No, they just said that was payment for July, now I have to pay for August, nevermind that I paid on the 10th and only got the Internet turned on then.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82307 on: July 31, 2015, 09:21:50 pm »

No, they just said that was payment for July, now I have to pay for August, nevermind that I paid on the 10th and only got the Internet turned on then.
Then how...They can't charge you for services they didn't provide!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #82308 on: July 31, 2015, 09:31:33 pm »

Customer service! 10/10, would be scammed again!

Seriously, though, this is bullshit. What are consumer right laws where you are? Depending on whether or not they are present, you could maybe get them to discount that money from the next payment.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82309 on: July 31, 2015, 09:50:33 pm »

This looks like it is going to be the least scary horror movie. I don't know, it could be scary, but it's premise of killer grannie and grandpa sounds too stupid to be taken seriously. That, and Shyamalan is behind this.

"Would you mind getting inside the oven to clean it?"

The Visit

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82310 on: July 31, 2015, 09:53:20 pm »

... you know, your words almost sound like you're dissing on Arsenic and Old Lace, in which case we would have to dual at dawn.
Ask not!
Ask!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #82311 on: July 31, 2015, 10:29:03 pm »

dual at dawn.
I don't know what that is but it sounds cooperative.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82312 on: July 31, 2015, 11:00:15 pm »

... y'know, of everything I was expecting going into Romancing Saga 1, being able to start off with a wolf and a bear as initial companions wasn't among them.

I am happily surprised. The bear is awesome! It's been punching orcs and skeletons and shit to death with its mighty bear paws :3

And yes, EH. Such snubbery of a great piece of film making would lead the very dawn to split the heretic in twin by the infinite power of casual misspelling.

E: Sweet buggery they let you teach the animals magic. My wolf friend is now capable of spewing death fire! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:09:14 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82313 on: July 31, 2015, 11:04:24 pm »

So... Hyrule Warriors has a story mode and a free mode...

But there is absolutely no reason those modes are separate given that playing on a map in freemode does absolutely nothing except let you play any character, it even keeps ALL the cut scenes. Even previous Dynasty Warriors games there were differences between maps even if you played a different character.

---

Also I never knew what a "female character clearly written for a man" really was like since frankly... A lot of it is just "Thought Crime" that amounts to "Ohh no a woman is sexy? Quick! If it is a man we should skin him alive!" rather then any sort of insightful or worthwhile look into the character.

then I watched "The Hot Chick" (a Happy Madison Movie so you know it sucks) and I it probably is the most overt. Because a lot of the terrible things she does aren't really things the female audience are meant to connect to or dislike but rather the men. She sings songs about holding out against a man, teases guys for free stuff, and basically acts like she is in a slumber party 24/7.

It feels like some sort of weird approximation some guy wrote whose only experience with women was playing Night Trap. I just keep yelling at it "No woman acts like this!" which would normally not be a problem but goodness I feel like I am in some sort of alien planet or alternate universe.

Crazier yet? My Sister recommended it as one of the few "So bad its good" movies she likes. But I think she just likes how trashy it is in a "she likes lowbrow humor" then she honestly laughs at how bad it truly is.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:33:03 pm by Neonivek »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82314 on: July 31, 2015, 11:36:08 pm »

Welp. Romancing Saga may now have my tentative love.
And they wonder why they're having mysterious disappearances! I THINK I FOUND OUT WHY YOUR CITIZENS ARE DYING! You have a small giant flying death fish infestation! Maybe send help?
Ask not!
Ask!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82315 on: July 31, 2015, 11:37:34 pm »

I own the remake of Romancing Saga 1, which is pretty good though they really should have tried harder to keep characters closer to their original depiction.

Also trust me, those aren't the worst things in those sewers :P

Bonus points for it having a genuinely dangerous last boss (assuming you don't read a guide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:40:32 pm by Neonivek »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82316 on: July 31, 2015, 11:48:09 pm »

... y'know, of everything I was expecting going into Romancing Saga 1, being able to start off with a wolf and a bear as initial companions wasn't among them.

I am happily surprised. The bear is awesome! It's been punching orcs and skeletons and shit to death with its mighty bear paws :3

And yes, EH. Such snubbery of a great piece of film making would lead the very dawn to split the heretic in twin by the infinite power of casual misspelling.

E: Sweet buggery they let you teach the animals magic. My wolf friend is now capable of spewing death fire! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Ahem.  I think you want the happy thread.
Because this, this is !!FUN!!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82317 on: July 31, 2015, 11:52:00 pm »

... remake? *checks* Oh wow, there was one. PS2, something like a decade ago. Huh. Almost makes me wish I owned a PS2. Or, well, had back in '05. In the meantime, the SNES version recently got fantranz'd, sooooo... >_>

Also yeah, it's pretty fun. The bear recently learned to combo people -- one-two punch of holy-shit-that-hurts, which can only get better :3 Bear could seriously one shot anyone in my party right now, including himself.

Seriously though, bear is my highest damage dealer and my best tank right now. Not exactly far in the game, but... still. Bear is kicking more shit than a highly trained bodyguard armed with actual weapons*. Bear gives no damns, punches out giant death fish. Brau the bear is a bro :V

*And my main character, who is mostly a healbot, and the wolf, which is... kinda' weak compared to everyone else, but can at least spew fire at things! Which is great, from an aesthetics point of view.
Ask not!
Ask!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #82318 on: July 31, 2015, 11:53:05 pm »

I'm torn what 40k book to read next. I'm too wracked by indecision. Uwhuuuuuu~!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82319 on: July 31, 2015, 11:53:46 pm »

Take the options outside, throw them as far as possible. One that goes furthest wins?
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 5486 5487 [5488] 5489 5490 ... 10989