Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 455895 times)

Olek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.1]
« Reply #1260 on: January 02, 2023, 06:27:03 am »

The mod seems to have vanished from the steam workshop.

Fetch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 02, 2023, 07:00:53 am »

Yeah, it's disabled in Workshop now. Probably due to the save game corruption thing that GM-X mentioned a few days ago. I've been playing and figured I would offer the little bit of bug report that I can-

-Hounds seem to randomly attack friendlies. I mostly noticed it with one that had been previously hurt, and thought it might be a feature. I don't have a ton of experience with DF so wasn't sure.
-Dwarven Druids create combat log spam with their healing. With them just walking around you'll get combat notifications as they heal the wildlife. It's not excessive, but a bit strange.
-Biggest issue - Wizards/Enchantress/etc can't seem to sleep properly. The "Unconscious" state flickers on and off rapidly and they won't move. They do this for huge stretches of time, sometimes dying due to dehydration.

Kamchatka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: January 02, 2023, 10:13:27 am »

Just wanted to add an oddity that ive been getting: every single migrant arrival i get is Legendary in one skill or another. Or Grand master in 3 skills. No children at all.

Wasn't sure if that might be part of the game design? But if not thought it worth mentioning.

Legendsmith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 02, 2023, 11:26:15 am »

Seems to be back on the workshop, is it fixed now?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1264 on: January 02, 2023, 02:11:32 pm »

The mod seems to have vanished from the steam workshop.

Yeah, it's disabled in Workshop now. Probably due to the save game corruption thing that GM-X mentioned a few days ago. I've been playing and figured I would offer the little bit of bug report that I can-

-Hounds seem to randomly attack friendlies. I mostly noticed it with one that had been previously hurt, and thought it might be a feature. I don't have a ton of experience with DF so wasn't sure.
-Dwarven Druids create combat log spam with their healing. With them just walking around you'll get combat notifications as they heal the wildlife. It's not excessive, but a bit strange.
-Biggest issue - Wizards/Enchantress/etc can't seem to sleep properly. The "Unconscious" state flickers on and off rapidly and they won't move. They do this for huge stretches of time, sometimes dying due to dehydration.

Hello Olek & Fetch, thank you for chiming in about DA:5 vanishing. Sorry everyone! What happened was this: I made too many edits very rapidly yesterday to the Steam page - and got flagged as a bot. The page was temporarily disabled automatically until a human could verify no harm done. Due to the holiday, it took a while.

-Hounds attacking randomly is interesting. I have not observed that before, were they in a rage? All Hounds?
-Druidic Dwarves can heal. The issue is, the only way to get them to cast healing spells is to spam them. I mitigated this by having it take a good length of time.
-Fixed Wizards. Will update in [5.0.2]

Just wanted to add an oddity that ive been getting: every single migrant arrival i get is Legendary in one skill or another. Or Grand master in 3 skills. No children at all.

Wasn't sure if that might be part of the game design? But if not thought it worth mentioning.

I have not done anything to modify children or initial skills for Dwarves - although Druid Dwarves are innately skilled. There is a possibility that children are dying in route to the fort due to nearby beasts/monsters and baby snatching. Hyper-history produces scores of historic figures which are typically skilled if they arrive as migrants. Beware, some of these skillful Dwarves may have supernatural afflictions. Quarantine forts are highly recommend. Basically a small fort you check everyone out carefully before letting them into the deeper safer fort.

Seems to be back on the workshop, is it fixed now?

The save corruption is a vanilla DF bug. It can only be addressed by Bay 12 Games, and they are working on it now. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to be super common. Always backup your saved games.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 04:28:21 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Fetch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 02, 2023, 06:33:01 pm »

-Hounds attacking randomly is interesting. I have not observed that before, were they in a rage? All Hounds?
-Druidic Dwarves can heal. The issue is, the only way to get them to cast healing spells is to spam them. I mitigated this by having it take a good length of time.
-Fixed Wizards. Will update in [5.0.2][/color]

Looks like Living Statues and Great Iron Dwarves all do it, too. I don't know what is triggering it. I have a big bunch of pets all zoned in one spot, and the attacks are always initiated by one of the creatures I mentioned. It's exactly one attack that gets  made and then the 'fight' stops. I've observed them attacking anything within reach, vanilla pets and dwarves as well.

HellfireBrB

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.2]
« Reply #1266 on: January 03, 2023, 12:59:27 am »

having a loads of issues with this mod for some reason

simply anabling it make my word gens 50/50 only this mod enabled and no other, word-gen progresses as normal but randomly trough history generation the game just closes, no errorlogs, no interactions, the game just closes, i can only get a world once every 3-6 tries

and to add to that, creating a world either results in a corrupt onopeneable save, or after saving the game and restarting the save corrupts and becomes unplayable

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.2]
« Reply #1267 on: January 03, 2023, 07:12:31 am »

having a loads of issues with this mod for some reason

simply anabling it make my word gens 50/50 only this mod enabled and no other, word-gen progresses as normal but randomly trough history generation the game just closes, no errorlogs, no interactions, the game just closes, i can only get a world once every 3-6 tries

and to add to that, creating a world either results in a corrupt onopeneable save, or after saving the game and restarting the save corrupts and becomes unplayable

Hi HellfireBrB, I'm sorry to hear this. It is mysterious in a bad way. I'm not getting any crashes generating large active worlds up to 500-years old with [5.0.2] (there is a screenshot on Steam), or with any saved games so far using: (1) No Giant Birds and (2) No Aquifers mods only. If you followed the installation steps, run no other mods, -then verify the integrity of Dwarf Fortress on Steam (right click DF on list, properties, local files) restart your PC and try again. You may also try a less active younger world.

1) What is your CPU/OS?
2) How much RAM does your PC have?
3) Can you try playing on a different PC, if so, what happens?

It usually requires months of updates to DF for a stable modding environment. DA:5 adds some complexity to save files, but doesn't mean any element is broken/fixable. If you get frustrated, please try again after a few vanilla DF patches.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 07:14:39 am by GM-X »

Jet Blackheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 03, 2023, 01:34:59 pm »

This seems like a super complex mod, what kind of work would I have to do to make this compatible with the Aeramore expansion mod? If I could somehow make a compatibility patch this would no doubt make a lot of people happy.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 01:46:30 pm by Jet Blackheart »

Anabolic_Shaman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 03, 2023, 02:17:48 pm »

Great mod, though I might suggest you add some attack triggers to Liches, because IDK how to deal with a lich within the first year, they just show up and erase my forts. Cool threat, just terrifyingly strong. Especially the abyssal variant.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.3]
« Reply #1270 on: January 03, 2023, 03:31:36 pm »

Great mod, though I might suggest you add some attack triggers to Liches, because IDK how to deal with a lich within the first year, they just show up and erase my forts. Cool threat, just terrifyingly strong. Especially the abyssal variant.

Hi Anabolic Shaman, thank you for reporting this. I hot fixed it [5.0.3]. It was a bug not a feature: Update Log: (5.0.3)

Hot Fixes as of (5.0.3)
  • Fixed Liches missing attack triggers - will no attack forts in year one.
  • Fixed Wizards being unable to Sleep
  • Fixed Living Statues / Iron Dwarves from losing vision
  • Links missing graphics for Abyss Shade
  • Adds fearlessness to certain Savage Animals
  • Iron Dwarves no longer called "Great"
  • War Owls renamed: "Night Owls"
  • Removed (3) duplicate magical reactions that slipped in last minute
  • Removing the duplicates should cause no issues with saved games
  • Added (1) missing graphic link.

I have a big bunch of pets all zoned in one spot, and the attacks are always initiated by one of the creatures I mentioned. It's exactly one attack that gets  made and then the 'fight' stops. I've observed them attacking anything within reach, vanilla pets and dwarves as well.
You got to keep them separated. They are highly aggressive war animals.
This seems like a super complex mod, what kind of work would I have to do to make this compatible with the Aeramore expansion mod? If I could somehow make a compatibility patch this would no doubt make a lot of people happy.
Hi Jet Blackheart, it would be more trouble than it was worth especially with an early 50.x DF build. Dark Ages has been publicly play tested and refined since 2014. I add features that people want because there is both science and art to it. You are of course free to make your own add-on mods. If they are stable, tested, and cool - I will add them to the DA:5 (add-on) Steam collection:
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2902605069
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 05:17:16 pm by GM-X »

HellfireBrB

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.3]
« Reply #1271 on: January 04, 2023, 12:17:57 am »

hi it is me again, i have run some tests on the issue ealier yesterday, and managed to generate several worlds with and without mods here are some of the issues:

most of the crash problems including save corruption seens to be related to one of the civs in the mod, whenever i interact with it the game awaysw closes with no error log or bugs, it just "closes" instantly, same as expecting legends mode, or inspecting any settlements of that civ, it seens to be one or more civilizations from the mod and loading them in any way shape or form breaks my game

in one of the saves i started as one dwarven civilization, for some reason my civ had acess to two forgotten beast types during embark screen, no idea how or why (can't even access the legends of my civ without the game crashing) starting with any of the forgotten beasts also causes the game to close, normal starts go as normal https://imgur.com/a/cpQuOdO

MattFright

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 04, 2023, 04:38:37 am »

I installed the mod today (version 5.0.3) and have been playing with it for a bit, and after reading a bit through the changelogs and the recent posts in this thread i feel like i'd just point out that the issue with Iron Dwarves has not been fixed, and they can still have the "vision lost" status seemingly with no reason. This happened upon starting a fort with two of them, both of them with vision lost.

I also saw someone point out that war hounds furiously attack wildlife for no reason, and i can confirm this is the case. I had mine try to kill some raindeer bulls only to get its ass kicked repeatedly. I did see someone say they saw their iron dwarves do the same but i can't say i've seen that (yet?).

Legendsmith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 04, 2023, 06:39:25 am »

Is the carpenters' shop supposed to have so many things like gem items, stone weapons and items? Personally I find the ability to craft beds out of stone and other items out of a variety of items makes the game easier in a way I don't like.
I also saw someone point out that war hounds furiously attack wildlife for no reason, and i can confirm this is the case. I had mine try to kill some raindeer bulls only to get its ass kicked repeatedly. I did see someone say they saw their iron dwarves do the same but i can't say I've seen that (yet?).
, etc?
War Dogs in vanilla also attack wildlife for no reason, aggression just seems to be working like that right now.

MattFright

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 04, 2023, 08:03:53 am »

War Dogs in vanilla also attack wildlife for no reason, aggression just seems to be working like that right now.

Not really, at least not for me. I've had a few long forts so far since the Steam version (with pretty big armies of war dogs) and the most i've seen is them fight one or two foxes across many years, which i don't doubt was initiated by the fox. Happened with both war dogs and regular untrained dogs, too.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 92