- 0 (0%)
Titans
- 0 (0%)
Vault Guardians
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 04, 2022, 09:24:51 am

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: In Search of Fairy Tales - Adelaathira - The End of Dwarfdom  (Read 37829 times)

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: In Search of Fairy Tales - Adelaathira - Devourer of Cities
« Reply #225 on: August 18, 2023, 09:16:50 am »

Got a plan to move forward with! That reminds me do you guys want people to know you defeated the forgotten beast? The world wont know, but legends does, until we spread it around

Perhaps you’d want to use your new reputation to gain followers? Or save it for the union so that they can have first dibs on the city and treasure!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2023, 04:46:11 am »

Using word of our slaying of the forgotten beast to gain followers sounds like a good idea.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2023, 04:39:55 am »

Burt is able to find an exceptional ring to trade and put on. Finally finding something he can wear seems to have put him in a better mood and he is now focused

During your stint at the tavern you all enjoy a fair drink together and discuss your plans for the city. Hal, sensing his opportunity for the stage, hops up and gives what is most possibly the most hilarious comedy routine anyone has ever heard.
He is more than likely the greatest comedian of this era.

A mournful story is delivered shortly thereafter detailing the events of the start of the war with the Patterned Images(necromancers). New Lore Unlocked

After words the party begins wandering the city and spreading words of their deeds and seeking help. This is where the party meets the cold hunter captain.

While making conversation with a "prophet" Burt hears a voice shout behind him "Identify yourself" he freezes up for a moment just long enough for the voice to ask again before turning and calling out a name "Kudpa, A true deer man hunter of the Patterned Images"
This satisfies the voice that walks by giving you each a good look at the owner.
The cold hunter is a goblin! His green body racked in muscle and barely contained necrotic power.
Through further conversation the party discovers a few things:

1.Virtually every citizen has dropped their true name and lives under false identities; even children lie and work jobs not their own.
2.The King lives as a criminal hiding in the alley ways of the city
3.The goblin captain came and occupied with a whole garrison of living goblin followers, but they were all brutally massacred by the rhino man known as Kivish.
4.Despite this the people live under occupation still as the goblin could likely fight them all and still win.

You successfully recruit one dwarf thus far, but also have accessed the pen of horses and acquired a whole stable's worth. While not spectacular fighters the additional attacks would keep the goblin reeling and if any survive they'd make fine mounts for the party.
It should be easy enough to equip your armor and weaponless dwarven follower with all the shops. In fact, considering you are trying to free the person you may be able to convince them to simply GIVE you the gear!

Should we attempt to find and convince the coward king to help the party? Perhaps returning the spear may give him confidence...or he will run off with it and you'll still fight without him just lacking the legendary spear.

Regardless, in one day's time the party shall commence their attack on the goblin with whomever they are able to rally

OOC
I'll try to gather another fellow or two

I'm actually not partial to getting the king to help with insurrection because I genuinely don't believe he will, but who knows? There's some other opportunities I am seeing here, but I'm gonna wait until after the cold hunter is dealt with(or deals with us lol) before I throw it out there

Also I wasn't controlling Burt when he changed his name so that was his choice and likely the only way to avoid an immediate fight. Every single resident there has changed their name and pretends to be part of the patterned Images now to avoid a lethal dose of goblin fist to the brain
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 04:46:16 am by Maloy »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 21, 2023, 05:36:57 pm »

when in Rome... perhaps adopting a guise is the surest way to infiltrate ?

maybe we should act unilaterally and so avoid meddling with the King until after we confirm our revolution is feasible. and should we fail, we can retreat into the jungles and set up guerilla camps, win over the local population, and return en masse when the enemy expects it least. . . it may take ten years but Cuba  Mebzuthishen will be ours!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2023, 03:59:20 am »

Arming the new guy and gathering some horses sounds like our best bet when it comes to defeating the cold hunter.

Assuming false names should be easy since my guy has already done that we just need to get the rest of the gang in on the fun.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2023, 05:27:59 am »

and should we fail, we can retreat into the jungles and set up guerilla camps, win over the local population, and return en masse when the enemy expects it least. . . it may take ten years but Cuba  Mebzuthishen will be ours!
Hey...wait a second -pulls mask off- Castro again?!

The party spends a day gathering all the city's horses and then speaking with citizens about joining the party. Most reply that they have a duty to remain present in the city, despite being bards, prophets, and other jobs; They're more than likely city officials in hiding, but still faithful.

At one point the party returns to the great central rampway that provides the ability to traverse levels when the cold hunter walks by

He walks by the party shouting out to a civilian someway behind all of you to identify yourselves, but seeing an opportunity like no other to destroy the tyrant in one swift stroke Burt's hand goes to his blade. Drawing all his focus into one strike he swiftly lashes out! The goblin had already turned invisible before the blade met his flesh, but it was too late for him to move as blade slashed across undead flesh and the sound of an invisible blade being drawn is heard before an overwhelming amount of horse neighing and screaming.
Combat Log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Before the captain can even lash out against Burt he is overwhelmed hooves flying at him as the horses surge to protect their new owner. He dodges each blow as well as an arrow from Egem's bow. Burt attempts to pin the beast by stabbing him in the arm lodging the weapon firmly within and horses kick and bite at the goblin who dodges each attack. Horses charge at the goblin while others, in panic surge past Burt the bodies of both pushing the combatants further away from one another.
Galtran and Egem squeeze through the press of bodies to follow the goblin down to find a sickening scene as pools of horse blood already fill the stairwell as the captain stabs and cuts again and again. Egem fires at the invisible goblin again, but manages to dodge. Burt is the target of the invisibility spell and so the goblin is visible to all others!

Galtran charges forward (Does he say anything?) and slams the pommel of his bejeweled and spiked blade into the right arm of the goblin. The goblin spins his knife in the air and slashes Galtran's finger from around his shield almost cutting it off completely and forcing Galtran to drop his shield!
Before the goblin can take advantage of his opponent's new vulnerability the few horses left roar in rage and attack the goblin who just barely dodges each blow and slashes in return only for Galtran to come behind and stab him straight through the chest rupturing a lung, but the goblin does not breath.
Galtran jumps out of the way of another blow
He stabs the Goblin straight through the back shattering the middle of his spine, and yet the goblin is held up by powers not of this earth!
The captain slashes at Galtran's arm attempting to take his other weapon out, but Galtran holds onto his blade despite the blood flowing down his arm!
More horses attack and the goblin brutally shoves a knife through one's skull killing it instantly.

Galtran and the goblin go into a stream of parrying one another's blows before Galtran lashes out in a wide arc spilling the foul reeking guts of the creature onto the floor!
The creature stumbles towards Egem, but the eagle man jumps aside while he loads his next shot at the beast.
The goblin catches Galtran's next blow on his blade before stabbing his disarmed left arm again.
Galtran punches the goblin in it's left ear crushing it into an unrecognizable mass of blood and flesh.

Both warriors eye each other for a moment (What are they thinking?) before both slash one another's feet attempting to knock each other over.
Egem fires (What does he declare?) and the arrow strikes true! The goblin's right arm takes the dwarven metal arrow and the bone is shattered completely!

Galtran and the goblin return to parrying for a few moments before Galtran slashes again at the lower body, perhaps in hopes of cleaving lower from upper?
The goblin attacks with renewed fervor and the two companions are forced into a series of dodging and jumping out of the way before Galtran slashes, AGAIN, at the lower body!

Parry, slash, parry, slash the rhythm continues  as Galtran lines the goblin up for Egem's shot while simultaneously trying to make any of the creature's limbs useless in the battle!
A mere moment before Egem can fire his next shot the goblin somersaults out of Galtran's reach and during the spin slashes down taking Egem's left hand! his whip goes flying away with it as blood sprays across the already bload soaked room!
Galtran surges in slashing at the goblin's feet clearing severing nerves, but the monster still stands!
They parry one another again before Galtran slashes out the creature's right eye!

Horses continue to help and Burt has finally reached the room, but he can not see the cold hunter! (What does he say or think?)

Galtran viciously stabs the goblin's thigh, but it still will not fall to the ground as it tries in vain to stab through Galtran's gauntlet causing it's iron knife to break!
Egem fires an arrow and the captain desperately ducks to the ground to roll out of it's way and it is in this moment that Galtran cut's the monster's arm off and it goes flying away!
As Hal finally makes it into the fight with his scimitar the goblin punches Galtran in the head sending him reeling.
The creature dodges Hal again and again before grabbing his foot and taking him down to the ground!
Hal still stabs viciously despite being dazed, but the creature grabs onto his breastplate perhaps intending to tear it off the kiwi man?
Galtran slashes again taking the monster's OTHER arm!

In response it grabs Hal's left foot with it's own leg. It twists and twists in a flash until Hal's foot explodes into gore from the supernatural weight. Hal attempts to slash the constricting leg severing many nerves, but the beast does not let go. The two are left on the ground in a grapple as the goblin strikes at Hal only to meet his shield. Hal bites the goblin int he head with his beak!
Galtran attempts to hack away at the goblin's titanic legs
The goblin kicks Hal's left shoulder so hard that it explodes into gore causing the kiwi to drop his blade. The kiwi strikes the monster's foot with his shield crying defiantly!

Finally, Galtran's blade descends and the head of the goblin goes flying. Dead, finally. Hopefully.

The stairwell is covered in pools of blood, severed limbs, and dead horses. Hal is not in danger of death, but you must wait and see how he shall recover.
The party is attempting to staunch the blood flow from Egem's severed hand, but he is very pale and you will have to see if he makes it through the night.

You have a strange moment before you. The moment of fate that decides the course of history and even though the room is not silent it feels as if it is. As if the world around you waits with bated breath for your next decision.
Before you lies the dead goblin who singlehandedly ruled this entire city, perhaps the only city on this whole continent that still functioned somewhat normally.

Would you take the city for yourself? All of it's wealth and power could be yours for the taking quite easily. All it takes is a declaration before someone else makes it. Technically, this also keeps your word to the Union too; as the Silver of Staves would be utterly foolish to declare war on the humans with a potential enemy city on the opposite side of their territory. Shall you take the greatest city for yourself in this very moment? All it takes is, but one party member to claim it for themselves.

OOC:

Sorry Burt drew the short end of the stick there on the invisibility spell. Hal is also the slowest member of the party by A LOT so these super speed battles always take him forever to get into.
Fortunately, Egem can fire a bow one handed so that is nice lol. Shout out to him for literally having a missing hand and suffering near lethal blood loss and STILL shooting the enemy
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 05:40:46 am by Maloy »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2023, 07:31:42 am »

holy SHIT that was an epic fight. amazing writeup..

In response it grabs Hal's left foot with it's own leg. It twists and twists in a flash until Hal's foot explodes into gore from the supernatural weight.

so with NO arms, guts spilled, missing an eye, and this fiend still manages to land massive damage? good godd. I'm honestly surprised we survived... this felt like one of the gladiator tourney battles considering the lengthy duel that occurred.

Galtran charges forward (Does he say anything?)

during the ambush, Galtran would remain focused and silent, as he would be desperately afraid of this creature before him.
Both warriors eye each other for a moment (What are they thinking?)

Here, Galtran would speak: "Feeling a little. . . horse?" before charging in to deal the finishing cuts.

Before you lies the dead goblin who singlehandedly ruled this entire city, perhaps the only city on this whole continent that still functioned somewhat normally.

Would you take the city for yourself?

As a gesture to his dying compatriot, Galtran III would suggest that Egem be volunteered as king or ruler of the captured city. Should he survive the loss of his hand, surely this title would provide a comfortable retirement?

Should Egem pass away, well, Galtran has no interest in the role...

Hal is also the slowest member of the party by A LOT

ahhaha good 'ol Hal...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 07:33:30 am by Salmeuk »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2023, 02:58:24 pm »

Now you can understand why this 1v1 against one was so intense for me lol
We are blessed by Armok that RNG has not given us any cold hunters that wear armor.

King Egem...I like it! If teaking doesn't pop in to opine and Zultan is cool with it that might be what we go for.

One of the last things that goblin heard before he truly died was a horse pun lol

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2023, 08:15:42 am »

Why do these things have to turn invisible, how is his supposed to fight something he can't see.

Burt thinks there's nothing wrong with Egem taking control of the fortress if he want's to and if he doesn't we could always find the old king and tell him he can take back control.

Looks like bringing all those horses was a good idea. Sorry about not posting sooner I've had all kinds of crap going on recently and couldn't log on the last two days.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 08:17:28 am by King Zultan »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2023, 05:42:00 am »

Currently playing around trying to figure things out.

The site is still owned by the same necromancer site government despite having no living members. I don't think it's a glitch it's just that adventure mode claims are tricky
If they got anyone alive even off site they inherent the government.
The dwarves have begun butchering every single animal in the fortress brutally with small knives. I think they're starting an insurrection with the only members of the necromancer government present being the animals owned by them.
See how it develops!

Also I had a cool dwarf fortress dream

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2023, 05:48:06 am »

Well hopefully we can take over once they finish killing all the critters, hope our army of horses is safe.

Also it's always fun when you have dreams like that.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 04, 2023, 04:47:50 am »

News spread fast throughout the city of their oppressor's death!

In short time the dwarves began celebrating in the streets cheering and shouting of freedom regained. In honor of the heroes the dwarves threw a grand feast to the extent that they butchered every single animal they could find that didn't already belong to the heroes!

During the event one of the party members tells the dwarves of their intention to install Egem as ruler and protector of the city. The dwarves are surprisingly accepting of the new rule and do not express discontent. Although the religious leader of The Spry, the god of death, advises that the rule of Egem should not be made official until they determine that the Patterned Reign was truly overthrown and dealt with. Most dwarves worship the Spry and so this leader's word cements the population on the matter.

Egem for his part has recovered well and can fire his bow one handed it seems. Hal and Galtran's injuries although agonizing at the time were not permanent and they have recovered use of their extremities. A few horses survived although crippled. They will never be quite as fast as they were, but can continue to serve as martial companions.

With bellies full of good dwarven alcohol and roasts the party sets forth to accomplish their final task from the union: The great vault of Wardtorches

To reiterate goals: You were asked to acquire a number of weapons from the vault. Enough for yourselves and some spare weapons as well.

As you continue along the dwarven highway leaving savannahs behind you the road turns to black sand. You ready yourself to veer off of it to the known location of the angelic vault when you spy something else:

A goblin! A leaderly looking one at that!

He is covered head to toe in basic copper armor with no sigils of any particular nation, but each piece etched and decorated with bone! It leaves him looking regal in a primitive sense.

Goblins are almost always hostile or up to no good and he has not seen the party yet. What should you all do?

OOC:
Learning moment for me. An Eagle person's arms are distinct from their wings. I wasn't sure if they were separate appendages or not, but I'm glad Egem can still fly and fight unhampered!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 04, 2023, 05:43:47 am »

This goblin is a soldier of some kind and there for a threat so I say we should sneak up on him and take him out before he can alert any other that might be around.

TeaKing

• Bay Watcher
  • the ruler of tea kind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 05, 2023, 05:38:02 pm »

if Egem can use a bow with one hand does that mean he could've used two bows at once???

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 09, 2023, 05:25:59 am »

if Egem can use a bow with one hand does that mean he could've used two bows at once???
Maybe? That'd be cool to test out actually! Not that Egem can...

The goblin fought weakly as she was more focused on running away, but the party ruthlessly beat her before she passed out from pain. She bled to death as the party tried to bash their way through her helmet to give her a swift death.

She was standing right in front of the entrance to the vault!

The vaults in these lands aren't exactly a well kept secret. especially considering this one is a giant tower of stone jutting from the earth right next to the highway!
What do you think, say or emote as you look at the impossibly large stone tower and it's fearsome dangers?
Galtran leans his head in to see what lies before the party in this forbidden place

Despite a basic humanoid shape the creature seems to be a wild beast! It snarls and before Sir Galtran even has a moment to back his head out it charges only to be followed by another of the small beasts!

The fight was vicious as the two beasts could move at such speeds to lay three attacks at the party for every one that was returned! At one point the horned beast stabbed Galtran with it's horn causing a sickening sound as muscle was torn through and his bejeweled dwarven blade fell to the ground. Ejem similarly had his knocked from his hands as one creature barrelled through the party to the outdoors to chase the eagle man and attack him. Fortunately the beasts of war are small and the horses keep them on the back foot with sheer size. The next great thing learned is that they have very little blood, or should we say Ichor, to spill. Within short time of grievous bleeding wounds both of them bleed out, but not before something even worse exits the vault to fight.

This, also short, servant of war swings his scourge around showing complete mastery as everyone tries to swarm the small armored monster. It's clothes move and shift as if it were a dark ocean and the armor shows blue as the sky on the most beautiful of days. It's strange to see such beautiful decoration on a being dedicated to war and it's spread.
The party has a vicious battle with the beast as it dodges most blows. Hal successfully knocks it's scourge away leaving it weaponless and far less deadly, but still the battle goes as it dodges most blows.
It only slows as little nicks and cuts pile up and it's small amount of ichor drains until finally Burt is able to:

Any post-battle thoughts?
Following this the party rests for a short while to recover, but this turns out to be a severe miscalculation on two parts.

1. They did not pick up their weapons that had been knocked away before resting
2. They did not move away from the vault

Two more warring messengers of Kor arrive bellowing war shouts and cheering inevitable victory. You look around to see that Galtran and Egem are still weaponless and these creatures are simply far too fast to outrun.

Battle begins

OC:
Short, but that is because I am currently fighting for all of the party's lives lol.
The horses are really saving us because they keep enemies busy. This is also the first vault I have been to where the intelligent enemies are MASTERS in combat. A master lasher just needs one lucky hit to kill anybody.
One thing I've learned from df: Randomly generated creatures usually have an incorrect amount of blood and are easy to bleed to death.

Oh also I checked the goblin wasn't evil. She was the last survivor of one of the only dwarven mercenary companies in the world and had fled oarpassionate from the necromancer occupation. Sooner or later we would have to kill all goblins though so it's whatever!
We are so dang close to the end of this arc I planned and I'm so excited for the finale! Just gotta survive these guys!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23