Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 316928 times)

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #2055 on: March 16, 2013, 03:45:46 pm »

You decide to go to bed, but first you check the book-fridge to see if TW has been busy in there.
As far as you can tell, no books are missing quite yet. Most hostages are busy comforting the more panicky ones. You will find her in the morning.
A good night's rest was quite welcome, and you wake up in the morning, fully awake and ready for a new day. You feel good, for some reason.
Just a good morning, you guess.

You wake up the hostages, and get to your daily speech.
Ladies, gentlemen and possible androgynous persons I have yet to recognize. I would like to congratulate you all for your fine work yesterday.
This is the best way for life, at the time being, I assure you. You will remain safe, and protected. I would also like to say that it is punishable to kill a zombie for any reason other then self-defense. Just putting that out there.
You can continue for as long as my second-in-command deems needed.
I'd also like to say that if any of you think about betraying me, that acting on this impulse will result in quick retaliation.
Now, get to work.

You get back down. Diane walks up to you and says that you should have become a politician.
She's content taking care of people.
I feel a lot better since you took care of me. I used to have cravings for... my murders. You know, I wasn't entirely honest.
Really?
I didn't lie about what I did to my victims, but I didn't just pick random people off the street. I went after the ones that I know tried to hurt me or other children.
She gets a very big, creepy smile all of a sudden.
For once, It was my decision what happened, I could be the one to enjoy it... Heha...hehehehehe. Her voice almost seems to tremble. Her breathing goes also a bit deeper. When the giggle starts you were just about ready to shake her by the shoulders while yelling "snap out of it".
She then blinks a few times and shakes her head a bit.

I-I'm sorry... Let's not speak of that little moment, alright?
Well, that thankfully prevents the cliche.
Fine. I may end up thinking about it with my multi-voiced mind while I go back to that city again, though. Aww well. Bye!
You turn around, and go to your truck. You take the standard 15 zombies with you and leave.
When you arrive in the town you start having a think about how we're going to do anything about these ferals, and what supplies we specifically want. Where to look would also be a good plan to have

Stats + horde.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hostages
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

pikorge

• Bay Watcher
  • bird on the dancefloor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: March 16, 2013, 04:46:19 pm »

Have we enough worms, if so then I suggest we try to get the wild zombies in one spot and biobomb them.
Re: You are the evo ape.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: March 16, 2013, 05:08:49 pm »

For looting, I'd prioritise food, then hardware, then whatever other shit we come across.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: March 16, 2013, 05:34:47 pm »

For looting, I'd prioritise food, then hardware, then whatever other shit we come across.
Agreed. Everything needs to eat something, after all. Also, I'm vaugely worried about Diane's little, uh, 'moment', there.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: March 16, 2013, 05:38:50 pm »

Agreed. Everything needs to eat something, after all. Also, I'm vaugely worried about Diane's little, uh, 'moment', there.
Eh, it's nothing worse that what we've done.
And she's doing better than she used to be. So that's good.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: March 16, 2013, 07:23:40 pm »

Can we get Blood-wing scouting for us?

but i say get tools, food and bedding first.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: March 17, 2013, 01:42:55 am »

Hardware: Generators, fuel for same, cable, and connectors.  Also some drills in case we need to run cable through instead of around something.

Ferals: If TW was right about the ferals simply lacking a sense of purpose and belonging, we should be able to bring them to heel simply by getting their attention and asserting ourself as commander.  If she wasn't, we might be able to revise their existing infection by directly biting them, but we should try that with an isolated feral in case it goes south, we don't want to be mobbed.  If both of those options fail, a bio-bomb might be our best bet.  Running them down with a big truck might also work for simple destruction purposes, if we can't take control.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: March 17, 2013, 12:17:59 pm »

Hardware: Generators, fuel for same, cable, and connectors.  Also some drills in case we need to run cable through instead of around something.

Ferals: If TW was right about the ferals simply lacking a sense of purpose and belonging, we should be able to bring them to heel simply by getting their attention and asserting ourself as commander.  If she wasn't, we might be able to revise their existing infection by directly biting them, but we should try that with an isolated feral in case it goes south, we don't want to be mobbed.  If both of those options fail, a bio-bomb might be our best bet.  Running them down with a big truck might also work for simple destruction purposes, if we can't take control.
SQUISH!

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: March 19, 2013, 09:31:56 am »

You take a good shopping trip through-out the town, and manage to secure a generator from what must have been an overrun fort.
You have no clue how the hell it is even possible for this town to get slaughtered by weak-ass zombies, while your stronger ones always ended up sieging it.
Doesn't make sense...

Food-related items were harder to find, as most people started hoarding food.
Once you find a stash, however, you get a bunch of food all at once. You were forced to shoot a single survivor who was on a roof.
He was stark-raving mad anyways. He was in his underwear screaming about cats while he emptied his magazine in your general direction with the accuracy equal to drunken water buffalo.
He had a ton of food though: Vegetables, junk food and tons of canned food.

The fact that you couldn't find a can opener gives a hint why he went mad. You just enter a nearby house, eat the dog, and get a can opener after some searching.
The dog mutated in an interesting way when you were getting back to the truck with your huge amounts of supplies.
It's torso grew larger by a large amount and it is spewing out some sort of smoke.

Your interaction with the feral were kept at squish level. After you loaded up your supplies you try and establish dominance.
Punching it in the snout doesn't help, nor does biting it. It even tastes like crap.
You just end up screaming at the feral, and he then just proceds to leave after he got himself a good smell of you.

When you get back you see a large ball on top of the factory. It's made out of metal.
You order your zeds to unload the supplies, and you go over to Diane to see what the flippity fuck the giant ball is.
What's up with the giant ball?
The project TW made. She was gone practising at the top of the factory. She made that little lair with telekinesis. She looked damned tired when she was finished though, and she prefers to sleep on her own.
Why?
Whenever she slept, she was monitored. She was never alone for even a second, so she wants to have a place to herself.

You're fine with that explanation. Your hostages were very pleased when you came with the food.
Every-one is fed, and you still have quite a bit of food left over.
The dog tided you over, but your zeds probably haven't eaten in a while. Maybe you'd like to do something about that?

Stats Plus horde.

I think.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: March 19, 2013, 11:31:23 am »

Vegetables for the actually alive, dog food or other shit-tier meats for our zombies, and we'll have the meat that's okay to eat. Seems like a reasonable distribution.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: March 20, 2013, 08:41:40 am »

Am I the only one who wants to make a 'Balls' joke? Anyway, graknorke has the right idea on food distribution. And what the HELL is the damn dog?

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: March 20, 2013, 10:10:13 am »

Indeed.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: March 20, 2013, 03:18:30 pm »

yes, we might want to look into that.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: March 20, 2013, 04:13:18 pm »

The dog is on fire?

Besides food distribution, we should probably work on a long-term plan.
That shit's important.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: March 22, 2013, 09:50:53 am »

You take a look at what the hell is up with the dog you created.
Taking a good look at the small dog, you notice it really only seems to be smoking. However, when you trew a stick on a whim, you got it back covered in a sort of tar-like substance.
The stuff smells bad, and it tastes like ass. You'll need to find a test subject in order to figure out what it does, most likely.

You also tell Diane the food distribution plan, she agrees whole-heartily.
Then you give the zombies the food. They chew that stuff right up, happy about getting some food. You had to make a quick trip back for the dog-food and other crap-meats, but nothing really happened. Without something edible nearby, the zombies ignore you like any other zombie. You also got some more actual food.

Stats + horde.

Hostages
I think.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 257