Pretensious
- 4 (8%)
Stop ripping it off, Kitten, you hack.
- 12 (24%)
No
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 257

Author Topic: You are Patient Zero  (Read 317668 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: You are Patient Zero
« Reply #3705 on: February 27, 2014, 04:57:06 pm »

Act perfectly politely and kindly. First impressions are the most important 5 seconds, after all.

Good point... This guy's British.  TW probably knows that Britain is a monarchy.  Therefore: Claim room and all vassals (and clipboards) within by right of holy war.  Politely demand fealty and offer full citizenship for renouncing the cult of Small Horse.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: February 27, 2014, 05:19:53 pm »

Act perfectly politely and kindly. First impressions are the most important 5 seconds, after all.

Good point... This guy's British.  TW probably knows that Britain is a monarchy.  Therefore: Claim room and all vassals (and clipboards) within by right of holy war.  Politely demand fealty and offer full citizenship for renouncing the cult of Small Horse.
+1
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: February 27, 2014, 09:04:45 pm »

Also:
Demand spoils of war from the cute guy.  STEAL CLIPBOARD, READ SECRETS.
+1, don't think acting kind will fool anyone considering how we chased him here and beat two people to death, but I suppose there is no real reason to be unkind right now until kindness fails.

Also see about letting Snowflake and co in.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: February 27, 2014, 09:07:46 pm »

Also:
Demand spoils of war from the cute guy.  STEAL CLIPBOARD, READ SECRETS.
+1, don't think acting kind will fool anyone considering how we chased him here and beat two people to death, but I suppose there is no real reason to be unkind right now until kindness fails.

Also see about letting Snowflake and co in.
I was kind of making a joke. I think we've already left our first impressions. Still though, the emotional confusion should be enough to give the zombies outside time to catch up.

>TW: Request (politely rather than authoritatively) that he give you the clipboard and hold your hand out expectantly. Then make your pathetically inept attempts at smalltalk while reading through the papers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: February 27, 2014, 09:25:30 pm »

I was kind of making a joke. I think we've already left our first impressions. Still though, the emotional confusion should be enough to give the zombies outside time to catch up.

>TW: Request (politely rather than authoritatively) that he give you the clipboard and hold your hand out expectantly. Then make your pathetically inept attempts at smalltalk while reading through the papers.
Ah, makes sense, +1.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: March 03, 2014, 06:12:42 pm »

Clipboard. Now.
He shakily gives it to you after which he instantly snaps his hand back to keep the fetal position going. You take a look at the clipboard and see...
Doodles. Well-done doodles, admittedly. This guy probably draws in his spare time. Other then that, observations on some type of subject.
"Subject seems uncomfortable, suggest pillow for sleeping cot." "Interview went swimmingly, have personal insight on his condition. Might be closer to finding solution to his problem."
"EX-DELTA shot down, subject pained as always. Supplied painkillers and Garfield comics"

Who are you keepig here!?
Many people, s-sick people. They need to be quarantined for their own safety and that of others! Please, If I could let them go I'd let them!
Who was EX-DELTA?
Excretions from 576... He's got some sort of dimensional problem about him. Things come out of him, dangerous things. We need to kill those growths or else it'll spread and kill him and others...
Uh-huh... Nice excuse. You say coldly as you scowl a little
He's certainly scared by that.

P-PLEASE! I MEAN IT! D-Don't kill me! Please, don't kill me.
He's actually sobbing now. You throw the clip-board back to him. You put your hand on your hip and look at him with disdain.
Do you know who I am?
NO! I DON'T! ALL I KNOW IS THAT YOU TRAVEL WITH 001-A.
001-A?
B-Big guy, calls himself Zero, travels with some lady. H-H.. 'es been caught here recently!?
Where is he?
I don't know! I missed the hiding protocols. I wasn't even aware of it until I saw you riding that behemoth!
Sure... Back to my question. Do you know what your company did to me?
N-no? I-I don't think so?
Database-FM? Ring a bell?
I-I'm new here, s-so they don't tell me anything, alright... I don't know anything about a... database you might need.

You sigh. You can't help but feel a knot form in your stomach from your real name. You can't quite figure out if you feel sad or just angry from it.
You need a fucking drink.
That's what I am, alright? It's what SM-corp did to me. They hooked me up to this f-fucking machine and made me do it all. I was the power source, the processor, the query server... They made me zap myself when I didn't comply, they barely ever let me sleep. The free time I got was to stop me from dying from the strain... I fucking hated that machine. I FUCKING HATED EVERYTHING THERE! I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY FUCKING BRAIN. I KEEP THINKING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!HOW THAT FUCKING "CONDITIONED" ME! HOW MUCH OF A GOD-DAMN TIME-BOMB I AM! IT'S ALL I DO! I THINK ABOUT THAT AND JUST FUCKING LASH OUT AT THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT CARED FOR ME! I FUCKING HATE IT AND I WANT IT TO FUCKING STOP.
You went over to shouting without even realising it. A growing pain on your right knuckle also makes it clear that you punched a wall. The scientist looks upon you in fear.

Your knees feel weak, and you can see silvery bugs in your vision.
You fall down and just cry a bit. You hide your face in your hands, feeling some liquid trickling down your arm. Punched that wall a bit too hard it seems.
...You feel a hand on your shoulder.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: March 03, 2014, 06:33:40 pm »

Agh TW, why can you never be at a normal emotional level? It's either stony-faced or mental breakdown with you.

Well I guess there's not much she can do but accept comfort from the drone of the evil corporation.
>TW: Maintain a steady level of breakdown.

>Snowflake: Try and get past the blast-door.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: March 03, 2014, 06:41:18 pm »

I feel TW is not conducive to proper POV. Perhaps we should switch to Snowflake for the time being?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3713 on: March 03, 2014, 06:45:29 pm »

If he wants TW's respect and trust he's going to have to do more than give a hand on her shoulder. He didn't even say "there there".

Remove hand from shoulder and tell him that we don't need the sympathy of the drones of evil corporations and that all we need of him is to open the door and lead us to wherever they're keeping zero or some sort of server/computer terminal/security station/director's office where we could find out where they're keeping him. If he does that, we'll let him live, because we might be broken but we're not heartless bastards like the ones he's working for.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:47:38 pm by Parisbre56 »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: March 03, 2014, 07:50:07 pm »

Hm, not sure whether the hand is the scientist's or Snowflake's.  Leaning toward Snowflake.

I think this reaction provided a bit of perspective.  This guy seems uncomfortable with what he's seen, yet he's still complicit.  If he doesn't renounce them quick-like then he's going to be a cute smear on the wall.

I agree a perspective shift to Snowflake may be in order.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: March 04, 2014, 12:02:12 pm »

Well we could hurt him a little, vent some anger, shock him once or twice?

Think we should at least warn him that if he touches us again without permission while we are "emotionally active" he is liable get his hand back in a new and strange form.

Otherwise

Agh TW, why can you never be at a normal emotional level? It's either stony-faced or mental breakdown with you.

Well I guess there's not much she can do but accept comfort from the drone of the evil corporation.
>TW: Maintain a steady level of breakdown.

>Snowflake: Try and get past the blast-door.
+1.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: March 04, 2014, 12:38:11 pm »

We *could* hurt him, but I think we would have done that in the fit of screaming if we were going to.  It's pretty clear he's a nice person in a bad place.  That said, he should remove that hand if he wants to keep it.

If he wants TW's respect and trust he's going to have to do more than give a hand on her shoulder. He didn't even say "there there".

Remove hand from shoulder and tell him that we don't need the sympathy of the drones of evil corporations and that all we need of him is to open the door and lead us to wherever they're keeping zero or some sort of server/computer terminal/security station/director's office where we could find out where they're keeping him. If he does that, we'll let him live, because we might be broken but we're not heartless bastards like the ones he's working for.

+1
She/they

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: March 09, 2014, 01:24:13 pm »

The grand door proves to be almost entirely unbreakable according to your bleeding knuckles and broken shoes. You spent a ridiculous amount of time beating on it, getting increasingly angry.
Then TW yelled.
The wall, evidently, isn't quite as well-protected as the door. You only barely manage to resist the urge to scream "oh yeah" as burst right through.
You see some tiny thing holding his hand on TW's shoulder, he looks up, giving a yell of fear.
You pick up the labcoat-man, and yell at him. Then you throw him at a nearby wall and look to TW, who is crying.
Again.

*cough* P-please, I can help. The tiny thing says. You don't punch his head in as a sign of friendship.
You never did social studies.
I've seen this sort of thing before. He gives a pained gasp. Your throw must've knocked the air out.
Here in SM corp we deal with a lot of anomalies, I-I've seen cases like this. T-they don't know anything exc-except their personal hell, so when removed from it they take it with them. I-it's like trauma stockholm syndrome. I know a way of dealing with that.
That's the biggest load of shit you've ever heard. But, then again, the writer is not to be trusted with psychology.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: March 09, 2014, 03:59:30 pm »

>Snowflake: Be the Overprotective Parent; keep a close watch of whatever it is he's doing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3719 on: March 09, 2014, 05:49:39 pm »

Wonder where we were supposed to meet those guys that could help us with TW's killswitch.
And don't hurt that guy unless necessary.
And try to find Zero or info about Zero or anything helpful.
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 257