Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85

Author Topic: LIMBO:Testing more stuff  (Read 102060 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • got it all worked out, don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO:Testing more stuff
« Reply #1245 on: March 06, 2016, 09:09:06 pm »

McGunkin shoot puny monster. Pastryman shoot with Shoot.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1246 on: March 06, 2016, 09:10:00 pm »

Remember, the whole team can only choose a single action and only one person does it. So number of action and person performing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 06, 2016, 09:11:21 pm »

#3 Shoot McGunkin.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 07, 2016, 02:23:27 am »

3. Con, Mcgunkin should shoot it

((i've got an inkling of what might become a problem with this system already, but ill hold off until we're done because i could very well be dead wrong about it.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 07, 2016, 10:06:32 am »

((If ony one person can take action per turn, and you tell us exactly what stat we roll, it kinda comes close to there always being an "optimal choice", and it's always best tp bring many people with as many positive skills as possible. Your character's negative skills don't really matter, because if you have a negative, you can almost always find a teammate to make up for it, or just pick a different test that you're more suited to.
Wow, that might be the biggest wall of text I've posted from my phone.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1250 on: March 07, 2016, 11:02:46 am »

((If ony one person can take action per turn, and you tell us exactly what stat we roll, it kinda comes close to there always being an "optimal choice", and it's always best tp bring many people with as many positive skills as possible. Your character's negative skills don't really matter, because if you have a negative, you can almost always find a teammate to make up for it, or just pick a different test that you're more suited to.
Wow, that might be the biggest wall of text I've posted from my phone.))
This is true.

Did I mention that not all options you can pick are positive?

[2]

or that rolls can still mess you up?

McGunkin leaves the relative safety of the toilet and darts over to the door. He struggles with the locks for a few seconds before throwing the door open and stepping out into the hall. He stands there for a moment, framed in the doorway, squinting into the darkness of the poorly lit hall. He raises the gun half way, squints, lowers it, shuffles nervously. He's breathing hard, the sound of it echos in the room and the hall. Old wood creaks under his feet as he shifts his weight. Something heavy hits the wall somewhere down the hall, and then grinds, tearing wallpaper and plaster with a crunch. McGunkin fires, the hallway blazing bright over and over with the muzzle flash. He fires until the gun is empty, his panicked trigger pulls eliciting nothing but hollow clicking. A pale wall of flesh blurs into view through the door frame, shoving Mcgunkin back and out of sight for a moment. The albino flesh hangs there for a moment before slowly recoiling. Mcgunkin comes back into view, gripped in a hand as large as he is tall. His head and face are covered by the thumb, but his feet and his one free arm are still moving, and muffled screams barely penetrate the meat covering him. And then he's gone, dragged back down the hall. The muffled screaming becomes loud again, but only for a moment, then it cuts off entirely.

1) HANDI: Get the bars off that window and take your chances out there.
2) CON: He must have at least wounded it. Should hold your ground here and try to finish it off.
3) STR: Lock the door, barricade it and hold it shut. Buy time to think of a better plan.
4) DEX: Someone could run out into the hall and attempt to run past it, get down stairs and draw it off while the other person escaped. Then you could both meet up later, hopefully after giving it the slip.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 07, 2016, 11:07:44 am »

((Well, there goes the redshirt. Good luck to kirk and spock! :D))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 07, 2016, 11:14:53 am »

((Well, shit. That went real bad, real fast. What do you say syv? I'd say shooting isn't in our best interest here. So we've got either barricading the door or making a run for it.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 07, 2016, 11:45:36 am »

((Why you ever thought shooting it was. a good idea is beyond me, reading that its eyes are as large as dinner plates implies that its too big for a mere handgun to handle... also that turning off the lights would hinder you more than it.

Not sure about this 1 person 1 action business though. It would have made a lot more sense for both people with guns to be involved in the ambush.
both because it increases the chance of wounding the thing, and because it allows for the second guy to try to save the first when shit goes sideways like that... of course it puts the support at risk too, so theres some balance in it.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 07, 2016, 11:53:59 am »

((I shot it because I.built a character around shooting things, and it's in character for a sodlike character to be expendable.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 07, 2016, 11:56:23 am »

Ringo makes a brief pitstop here on his way back to reality

"Yo. Was in Tresspassers Game. Rejoining soon. Originally was lost buried under mountains of RP that appeared every second my player wasnt on."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 07, 2016, 01:11:39 pm »

((Unholy, we chose shoot because it's the only option that we had skilled people for.  Our best Fate is +0, our best AUX is +1--and as you said, those dinnerplate eyes would see us--and our best charisma is +1.  And honestly, do you think I should've tried to seduce it?

Lastly, something can have big eyes and be small.  Dark Souls basilisks certainly look like they have enormous eyes.))
Spoiler: Basilisk (click to show/hide)

Anyway... Recommend that Pan try to use handi to remove the bars.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 07, 2016, 01:23:48 pm »

((Eesh. I've only got 0 handi. Let's hope the dice are kind.))

Indeed, Waffels to try and take out the bars using handi.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 07, 2016, 01:39:56 pm »

((man that thing really hit every branch on the ugly tree on the way down didnt it?

still, video game creatures are invalidated due to lack of evolutionary accuracy.
using one of those bug eyed goldfish would have been a better model, but the thing with predators like our faceless monster here is that they tend to have smaller eyes than their prey because they dont need as much peripheral vision to check for things that prey on them.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 07, 2016, 01:53:40 pm »

((If we're making judgements based on evolutionary accuracy, the basilisk should still come out on top for having a remotely feasible body.  Those giant eyes aren't actually eyes--they're poison sacs with an eyelike pattern on them, presumably to scare predators.  Also, while it's an unlikely creature for evolution to create, it's conceivable that it could function to some extent.  The giant monster with hands the size of a man?  It shouldn't be able to even move, according to RL physics.  Square/cube law really hates giants.

Also, I find your comment about the ugly tree unintentionally hilarious considering where those basilisks are found in the game.  It was actually pretty rare for them to fall, but I'm fairly certain I hit every branch of that goddamn tree at some point.))
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85