Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Tuesday: The End: A New CEO.  (Read 61301 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 10.27am
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2011, 07:20:06 pm »

"Thanks, sir," Satoshi said, glad for a break. He felt like he had been working all day! ...Yet it hadn't even been two hours. Time felt like it had flown when he was caught up in his work, repairing the lift, and it was a bit of a cruel joke that it actually hadn't taken any time at all. Maybe if I'm lucky I can get a promotion or a change... or whatever... to the Maintenance division. He did love repairing things. Ah, well. For now he would buckle down and do his job - which, right now, meant getting a coffee from the vending machine and sitting across from someone on their break. He nodded to Frederick companionably but said nothing since he didn't really know the man. Ah, jeez. I wish I had a newspaper or something. He looked about to see if someone had left one behind.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2011, 09:55:22 pm »

Operation "Blame someone else" is a success!

Uninstall the old keyboard!  Get back to desk before boss is pissed.  If caught, make up story about how I was saving the company money by dimming the brightness on monitors to save electricity.

Free hint:  Here's the walkthrough for this game:  Linky
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2011, 10:02:41 pm »

Thanks, Toaster. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2011, 11:34:32 am »

Waitlisters: added.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 07:20:06 am by lawastooshort »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2011, 08:00:39 am »

While I do the next turn - time for a quick rule announcement: any DECEASED workers will get SACKED (trans: fired) and as such their players will get WAITLISTED (to the end of the waitlist!)

Also - there will be an arbitrary failure level at which point you will get sacked as soon as the boss finds you. Probably about failure level 25. Otherwise the only turnover will be due to deaths, and hopefully they will be rare. This isn't a change or anything, I just don't think it's clear in the first post and some people are getting dangerously close.

Also - BOSSCHECK! mechanism explanation: when it's BOSSCHECK! time, I roll 2d6. A [6] means I will add a second BOSSCHECK!, and then another for each repeated [6] I roll. If I get bored I might roll for one when it's not even BOSSCHECK! time!

Also - you can have a job title (you do, in fact), but it doesn't necessarily mean your tasks will be related to it, unless the hidden roll I do for your task assignment is a good one.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 10.44am
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2011, 08:51:16 am »

Monday: 10.44am

Deciding that he is worth more then bleeding to death with vomit in his face, Toby makes up a story about his "medical condition" (which involves some tearing to the backside of his tender regions..) that should cover up the attempted theft. Between the explanation, the tears of pain that's forming in his eyes and the vomit.inducing smell which makes him gag, Toby also tries to clean him self up, incase the boss happens to walk by.

You start explaining to the researcher about some kind of "medical condition", but you're obviously in too much distress to make a convincing argument [1]. Covered in sick and bloodstained, she orders you to stand and lower your pants to show her your wounded nether regions. Unfortunately she recognises the shards of test tube sticking out your backside immediately and phones the boss's internal number, and then phones the extension for security. They're both on their way. You deeply wish, amongst other things, that you didn't have tears forming in your eyes.

Well, at least you've probably spared your colleagues from the boss's 11am rounds!

Morale Drop! Covered in sick!
Morale Drop! Bloodstained!
Morale Drop! Ordered to remove pants!
Fail! Security is coming to get you!
Fail! Still haven't completed the research!

Task Assigned! Quick bit of research!

Failure Rating: 17.
Morale: -10.

WARNING: Your morale level indicates that you are close to depression. This will affect your ability to work.

I run down the hallways screaming "FIRE, FIRE!"

OOC: I just realized this isn't so much a game as a vessel for the GM to convey the plight of the working (wo)man.  :o

You flee your desk and run out the office [5], sprinting down the hallway screaming "!!FIRE!!, !!FIRE!!". The handful of colleagues who were also in your office look up and look towards your burning workstation and also start screaming. One blindly panics and opens the window, jumping out in a flash, three more run out of the office after you.

As you run along screaming, other office doors open. Heads pop out of doorways, smoke starts pouring out of your former office's door, and not long after, your building, Green Four 20, is filled with the ringing of alarm bells.

The building is evacuated. It's a nice day outside.

Morale Boost! Nothing so exciting has happened for YEARS!
Morale Boost! Nice day outside!
Fail! Set building on fire!

No Task Assigned!

Failure Rating: 16.
Morale: 4.

Daniel cleans his shirt one more time, rolls up the sleeves, and thinks happy thoughts as he does the deed.[/d]

Rolling up your sleeves, you stick your arm down the toilet, eyes shut and happy thoughts activated [3]. It takes longer than it really should as it seems stuck in pretty bad, and at one point you clumsily stumble forwards a bit and get it nearly up to your shoulder, but you get the job done. Just as you do, you hear the distant ringing of alarm bells from a neighbouring building.

Morale Drop! Feces under the fingernails!
Success! Unblocked a toilet!

Task Completed! Unblocked toilet!

Failure Rating: 12.
Morale: -5.

Make an elaborate plan to look busy when the boss comes by again.

You start trying to devise an elaborate looking plan to look busy for the boss, but just as you think you've hit on something, the boss appears [1]!

BOSSCHECK!

"JESUS MILLER. Just what the HELL do you think you're doing sitting about drinking coffee? I told you to goddamn get that filing done just twenty minutes ago and there's NO WAY in hell you've finished it already, there's HOURS worth. Get back down there and finish the job or I'm gonna take you up to my office for a formal written warning you useless goddamn hippy..."

Mid-rant his mobile goes off: he answers.

"What the hell? A goddamn fire? Professor Crack's due to arrive in around an hour JESUS CHRIST."

He leaves before you get a chance to reply.

BOSSCHECK FAIL

Morale Drop! Ranted at without reply!
Fail! Boss thinks you're a useless goddamn hippy!

Task Re-assigned! File those stacks of paper!

Failure Rating: 12.
Morale: 3.

"Thanks, sir," Satoshi said, glad for a break. He felt like he had been working all day! ...Yet it hadn't even been two hours. Time felt like it had flown when he was caught up in his work, repairing the lift, and it was a bit of a cruel joke that it actually hadn't taken any time at all. Maybe if I'm lucky I can get a promotion or a change... or whatever... to the Maintenance division. He did love repairing things. Ah, well. For now he would buckle down and do his job - which, right now, meant getting a coffee from the vending machine and sitting across from someone on their break. He nodded to Frederick companionably but said nothing since he didn't really know the man. Ah, jeez. I wish I had a newspaper or something. He looked about to see if someone had left one behind.

You get a coffee and take a sip as you walk to a seat in the break room with the radio playing in the background - it sounds like Accidental Toilet's latest Elkcore-folk hit "Vengeance Tyrannosaur".

Burning heart of bitter resentment!
Steamrollered by your deathly engine!

You look around as you sit down, and spot a copy of today's local paper in the corner, and go to pick it up. Underneath there's a copy of Home Tinkerer magazine! You settle down listening to the music with your coffee as you read an excellent article on repairing home plumbing systems.

Elk of wrath! Elk of death!
Elk of bitter and putrid breath!

Morale Boost! Diverting reading material!
Morale Boost! Cracking tune!
Success! Drank a coffee!

Task Completed! Drank coffee!

Failure Rating: 5.
Morale: 6.

Uninstall the old keyboard!  Get back to desk before boss is pissed.  If caught, make up story about how I was saving the company money by dimming the brightness on monitors to save electricity.

You try to uninstall the old keyboard, but for all you tug on the USB cable connecting it to the back of the PC, you just can't get the damn thing out!

Morale Drop! Outwitted by a cable!
Fail! Shouldn't you have got that done by now?

Task Assigned! Help uninstall keyboard!

Failure Rating: 14.
Morale: -2.

BOSSCHECK DELAYED! GREEN FOUR TWENTY EVACUATED! WORKERS AFFECTED: KATHRYN WHITE, THE BOSS.

Edit: spelling mistake identified! Bad apostrophe noticed!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:00:08 am by lawastooshort »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Work at GenCorp! Monday: 10.44am. Evacuate!
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2011, 09:31:50 am »

Kathryn shrugs and laughs!

They'll probably find some way to blame her for their piece of shit computers exploding, so it's not like she'll have a job soon anyway...Kathryn invites some of her less hostile worker-friends to take a walk a nearby coffee shop and enjoys a small break before the fire engines get here.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2011, 10:08:02 am »

Satoshi smiled to himself and studied the article until the fire alarm interrupted him. Wonder what happened this time? The boss had mentioned it too, so he felt no qualms whatsoever about taking his broom outside and sweeping up the front walkway. If the fire was real, he was safe; if it was a false alarm, at least he couldn't be busted for slacking. He also tried to sneak the magazine into an inside pocket of his uniform for later study.

Tosca_cake92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2011, 11:23:41 am »

...do you hate me, lawastooshort? ._.

On a serious note, i guess there is several different bosses, and that i'm not affected by the fire alarm?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2011, 11:42:27 am »

I'm guessing we're in a compound, multiple buildings.

One blindly panics and opens the window, jumping out in a flash

Also lol at that guy. Given that I had to walk up eight flights of stairs to get to my office, he must have jumped out of a window eight floors high, more or less. >_>
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2011, 12:10:01 pm »

On a serious note, i guess there is several different bosses, and that i'm not affected by the fire alarm?

Lol, no, although I wouldn't be surprised to find RNG does. Worse has happened in my other RTD. Anyway, you're not affected (or saved...) by the fire alarm, as GenCorp HQ is indeed very large complex with multiple buildings. From the air it forms the shape of Bruce Halford's face. However, the boss will be delayed for a turn or more. Security might, I'll roll for it.

I'm guessing we're in a compound, multiple buildings.

One blindly panics and opens the window, jumping out in a flash

Also lol at that guy. Given that I had to walk up eight flights of stairs to get to my office, he must have jumped out of a window eight floors high, more or less. >_>

Yes, whoops. NPCs can roll [1]s too! Although I had forgotten just how high up it was.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2011, 01:27:27 pm »

Waitlist me!... Although so many people already beat me to it. :P

Name: Dan 'Danny' Woods
Job Title: A... Clerk or something.
Skill: Incredibly active imagination. Helps with making excuses...
Weakness: Overly loud voice, is pretty annoying overall.
Bio: A laid-back, wise-cracking highschool dropout, handed in his crudely-scrawled resume at as many places as possible (often having no idea what the job involved) and somehow ended up here.
Sports several ugly tattoos ranging from pictures of Darth Vader, to the classic barbed-wire band, to zombie demonic dinosaurs with laser-eyes.
Failure Rating: 10. Well, it’s not gonna be zero is it – you’re working here after all.
Morale: 0. Well, it’s not gonna be 10, is it – you’re working here after all.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2011, 03:08:43 pm »

Waitlisted you Yoink.

Tosca_cake92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2011, 03:15:57 pm »

Lol, no, although I wouldn't be surprised to find RNG does. Worse has happened in my other RTD. Anyway, you're not affected (or saved...) by the fire alarm, as GenCorp HQ is indeed very large complex with multiple buildings. From the air it forms the shape of Bruce Halford's face. However, the boss will be delayed for a turn or more. Security might, I'll roll for it.

Well, looks like I have a (albight small) chance to escape. Sure, I'm problably going to lose my job so I think I just ride this into the ground  :P

In panic, Toby does the first thing that comes to his pain-hazed mind. He grabs the rest of the tubes then bumrush to the exit. Whenever he stumbles across any guards, he takes one of the tubes and smash them in hope of distracting them with the foul smell, thus improving the chances of escape

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2011, 05:59:55 pm »

Wait, first he complains because I'm not finished in an hour, then he complains because I finished in an hour and 20 minutes?  Clearly this boss needs to experience some chaos!

Take 3/4 of papers out of garbage, put back on desk.  Think of witty and intelligent reply for next time boss comes around so I can get yelled at but reply this damn time.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:02:22 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27