Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1215834 times)

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (now available: the creation of a sprite!)
« Reply #3315 on: January 29, 2011, 11:00:33 am »

I use an older version which seems to fix almost all of the symbol in text issues, it doesn't have some of the cool new features but its good enough.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: January 29, 2011, 11:30:17 am »

Totally off-topic: @forsaken: I love your avatar! Did you make it?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: January 29, 2011, 11:48:06 am »

Hey, png of ore veins please? :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3318 on: January 29, 2011, 12:20:38 pm »

Totally off-topic: @forsaken: I love your avatar! Did you make it?
No, I found it while looking around on the internet. I'm not actually sure who made it, but it made me laugh so I decided to use it for a while.

m1k3y4e7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: January 30, 2011, 11:57:40 pm »

I love this tileset SO much.

Please have my babies ironhand.
If I had a monkey, I would borrow my moms sewing machine and make my monkey a little monkey suit. Then if anyone said "Thats not a real monkey, it's just a monkey suit, I can see the zipper", I could say "I bet you fifty dollars it is a real monkey" and when they said "that seems like a reasonable bet, you are on", my monkey would take off the monkey suit and they would have to pay me fifty dollars.

MonkeyMagic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: January 31, 2011, 04:35:18 am »

Hello,

I hate to ask noob questions, but I have been struggling with this for 6 hours; I am running the latest version of DF for Mac and I have been trying to install Ironhand's set.

Every time that I have tried to create a new world after installing the set, it shows a white rectangle in the middle of the menu screen and then stalls out. Terminal shows an error that says something about a pool leaking. See below.*

OK, I found a post in a thread about turning the Graphics: setting in init.txt to off, but that only solves the rectangle and early crashing. It still isn't working properly after that.

Can anyone direct me towards an Ironhand/DFMac prepack or otherwise give me some advice?

Please & Thank You

*Terminal Error
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 12:14:44 pm by MonkeyMagic »

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: February 04, 2011, 01:46:38 am »

Hello, [snip]

Hello MonkeyMagic :)

Check out the DF Bug Tracker site, that's probably the best place to report this and (hopefully) get some help.

I did a quick search for your problem and it looks like someone reported the same thing way back in August of last year (but unfortunately there is no clear solution :( if you can reproduce  it reliably then that info would be useful for future bug squashing).  Beyond that, I don't have a mac so can't really offer any help, sorry!  If you are really stuck just try the Lazy Newb pack, or one of the other tilesets or no tileset for the time being.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #3322 on: February 05, 2011, 05:41:32 am »

This is by far the very very best looking tileset in dwarves and goblins. The Trade Depot is ugly though, I almost don't want to build it :b

edit: The cows also look a tad too comical compared to the rest of your sprites and covering both cows and bulls it doesn't look very "androgyn"?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 06:55:47 am by Nine »

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #3323 on: February 08, 2011, 09:23:13 pm »

Sorry man, been a bit busy, being ill and miserable! :P

Here is the most recent test sheet I have:

This is by far the very very best looking tileset in dwarves and goblins. The Trade Depot is ugly though, I almost don't want to build it :b

You mean the wheels in the corners? Bearing in mind that the tile is also used for several other things besides the trade post, what do you think it should be?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: February 08, 2011, 09:33:07 pm »

The swirl w/numbers still doesn't fit very well.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: February 09, 2011, 01:22:56 am »

You mean the wheels in the corners? Bearing in mind that the tile is also used for several other things besides the trade post, what do you think it should be?

I'd say it's the weird wavy patterns on the floor.  (I think I mentioned this a while back, actually.)  I'd like to see that tile replaced with some kind of large square flagstone or something.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #3326 on: February 09, 2011, 08:13:02 am »

What else is it used for? I don't remember seeing it elsewhere, but yeah well it just feels wrong looking at it imo. I seem to remember having used a tileset where the wheels were like single pieces of wall, which looked good.

recluser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: February 09, 2011, 01:40:21 pm »

What else is it used for? I don't remember seeing it elsewhere, but yeah well it just feels wrong looking at it imo. I seem to remember having used a tileset where the wheels were like single pieces of wall, which looked good.

On the other hand I love corners of TD, now if only a TD make out of blocks would look like floor instead of that wavy pattern. :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: February 10, 2011, 01:46:45 am »

Sorry man, been a bit busy, being ill and miserable! :P

Here is the most recent test sheet I have:

Thank you! I was waiting for this :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: February 10, 2011, 12:40:11 pm »

I am downloading the ironhad genesis mod but I think I'll stop the download because it seems like I won;t be able to read anyting in game anymoe with this tileset, or is there some hidden trick you use to don't make the letters look like the ones in your png's?

EDIT: nevermind I already saw an answer a page back, I'll just dl the ASCII version
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:44:45 pm by Dutchling »
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 329