Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1216632 times)

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (nothin' new)
« Reply #3960 on: April 29, 2011, 01:36:32 pm »

jump out and look oddish.

I wish Oddish would jump out at me. then I could evolve it into a Vileplume and make perfume to trade!

/shot for such an obscure and old reference

Why would you want an Oddish to jump out at you? Man, those things were everywhere.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: April 29, 2011, 04:31:29 pm »

Oddish is obscure?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: April 30, 2011, 11:27:43 pm »

One thing thats always bugged me about your graphics pack.

is that when you're in a heavily forested area... its hard as hell to tell where the goblins are... they are like the same template color as most of the grass and shit..

And like you can say that adds immersion to it because it's heavily forested area so it should be harder to see them... but it's pointless when you can easily just pause the game and search for them.

Just saying, every game i've played i have trouble with heavily forested areas. Not only with the goblins. But telling which is a lower level. It's hard as hell to tell sometimes because the shade difference doesnt change enough.

Guess what im saying is could you change some of the shading and colors up abit to be abit more fierce or lighter.

HeliumFreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: May 03, 2011, 12:44:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How funny. I've thought the same thing for many months but whenever i came to the forum i kept forgetting to post about it. Now when i was finally coming to say "OK enough, im going back to Phoebus' tile set" the very last reply in the thread is talking about exactly what Ive wanted to post about all this time.

No s**t though its really really annoying. When goblins attack literally a good 95% of the time i cannot see them at all. I have to go into the units menu and select the goblin separately to zoom to it. I play the game at 1920 x 1080 and the size of the tiles mixed with the oh so greenness means i really really struggle to see whats going on the vast majority of the time. The tiles might look all nice and fancy when they're in their tile set grid but i think more thought into how little they contrast with the most common scenery (grass and trees) would be nice please.

*Edit

Im not colour blind my colour visualization is perfect. Although it cant attest to the accuracy of my monitor.

**Edit 2

On a less trivial note about colour and onto something more serious. I dont know why this is happening but ive been experienceing lag with the recent all inclusive packs youve been releasing. Going from 100 FPS constant to down to 50-60 on fresh maps. Tryed multiple times with differently generated maps. The problem is fixed if i replace the tileset with someone elses set or if i just disable it completely. I have no idea why this happens and id help you debug it but i have no idea how to help you with that.

My computer specs are i7 950 @ 3.8ghz - 12gb RAM - nvidia gtx470
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:15:37 pm by HeliumFreak »

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: May 04, 2011, 12:56:57 am »

I'm playing at the same resolution.

And i've been playing alot lately and i'm still having trouble with shade colours.

Green areas are muderous on the eyes.

I really like the graphics it's honestly amazing. But its so hard on the eyes. Things just arent shaded properly and goblins i think have almost the same shade of green as teh ground :/

Hopefully ironhand looks it over perhaps

edit: My computer specs are abit lower... i only get fps drop when i hit exactly 90 dwarves. 120 brings me down to 50fps. which i guess is normal. Might be a problem on your end !
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:01:59 am by Fewah »

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #3965 on: May 04, 2011, 06:28:13 am »

Have you two considered changing the Color file instead? Personaly, I use another color set.

Magnar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: May 08, 2011, 03:11:58 am »

Hey there, I've been away from DF for a few years and have recently started playing again.

This tileset caught my eye as it's very nicely done, however the last few comments about colour schemes have me worried I'm going to miss crucial details.  Is there a particular colour scheme that goes well with this pack or am I better off customising it myself?

dieffenbachj

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Smiles
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: May 08, 2011, 11:29:02 am »

Hey there, I've been away from DF for a few years and have recently started playing again.

This tileset caught my eye as it's very nicely done, however the last few comments about colour schemes have me worried I'm going to miss crucial details.  Is there a particular colour scheme that goes well with this pack or am I better off customising it myself?

Just use the standard color scheme, those people are just nitpicking; the colors are fine. Maybe they could be tweaked, but I think if 'goblins are green' is the biggest complaint people have with this tileset / color scheme, you're not going to find lesser problems with other ones. I think for most people, the colors are fine.

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: May 08, 2011, 11:36:45 am »

First of all: awesome work! I'm loving the sprites, they look gorgeous! :)
But I'm wondering if there is any possibility that the unit screen will get fixed? (Black Selector on Black BG)
Is there anything we can do?  ???

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: May 08, 2011, 12:02:44 pm »

But I'm wondering if there is any possibility that the unit screen will get fixed? (Black Selector on Black BG)

That is nothing to do with Ironhand. That is a function of the TTF engine in DF.

However, IIRC, the person who works on that part posted a while back on this very thread that he's fixed that for the next version.

Magnar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: May 08, 2011, 01:57:58 pm »

Ahhh cool, thanks for the reply dieffenbachj.

I'll dive in with both feet like my inner dwarf should :D

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: May 09, 2011, 02:17:58 am »

It's actually quite amazing and fine.

We are just nitpicking but its definetly something that ironhand should think about!

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: May 09, 2011, 03:41:46 pm »

That is nothing to do with Ironhand. That is a function of the TTF engine in DF.

However, IIRC, the person who works on that part posted a while back on this very thread that he's fixed that for the next version.

Thanks for your reply!
Awesome news! :) Glad to hear that this got fixed. I guess by "next version" you mean the next version of DF?

Magnar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: May 11, 2011, 09:21:36 pm »

In regards to the black font+black background.

Is there no way to revert to the original DF handling solely for that part?  It's a minor annoyance in itself but it affects a fair few screens so it's beginning to grate quite a bit.

A friend using the mayday pack has said his menus are all fine as well as it working properly in the base game so I'm thinking it's possible to negate its effects in this pack but I have no idea where to start looking to change it.

edit: nevermind, I found the truetype option in the init.txt and set it to NO instead.  Will be nice when it works properly but for now I'd rather see all my menus lol

edit 2: Think I've shot myself in the foot with that one, now I don't appear to be able to see the gender of animals :( anyone have any better ideas? lol
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 09:51:23 pm by Magnar »

mux951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: May 12, 2011, 04:32:33 am »

eigther use truetype or don't
I can live with 1 missing line and I love TTF because its much easier on the eyes.
there is no fix on ironhands or our sides to this. its a bug in DF, but it should be corrected in the upcoming version. for references look back 30 pages(or so) in this thread.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 329