Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: LCS random idea: Easter eggs  (Read 5920 times)

Gruegirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LCS random idea: Easter eggs
« on: September 09, 2009, 03:10:14 am »

So this is just a random idea to aid in the humorous aspects of the game, insert easter eggs with references to real events and movies.

Example: Code-nameing someone converted via interrogation "Tanya" will prevent them from ever being re-made conservative.

or naming an agent "Smith" will make them next to impossible to hit with bullets.

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
Re: LCS random idea: Easter eggs
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:07:52 am »

or maybe cheats

y'know, like naming a squad the symbionese liberation army causes everbody in it to become elite liberal, and have infinite dodge, psychology, rifles, and max stats.

No, that's stupid. These aren't easter eggs.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 10:06:40 am »

Also I think there are already Easter Eggs, but not in the way you describe them.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 11:33:03 am »

Also I think there are already Easter Eggs, but not in the way you describe them.

Yep definately. Though in some ways they no longer apply (well not all the Easter eggs... one in particular)

Michael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 06:18:23 pm »

This reminds me of one idea I had earlier, which I self-censored for being lame in the same way as the above one.  But it's not as bad.

Themed squads:

If every member of a squad wears armor and weapons according to a special dress code, a special bonus is given.  Of course, all of these dress codes would utterly conflict with those for disguise at a given site, so they would be costly to use.

For example:

D&D theme -- only medieval costume and Oubliette weapons.  Bonus would be more loot from combat (since meaningless treasure gained arbitrarily through violence is a staple of early RPGs...)

Furry theme -- animal costumes.  Bonus: can recruit Genetic monstrosities at a lower animal-rights level.

Clown posse -- clown suits of course.  (We might want to add pies as weapons....)  Not sure what the bonus might be.

An advantage of this is that it would bring in more actual gameplay differences between the different armors.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 06:29:43 pm »

Furry Theme - You mean, more likely to see Genetic Monsters/Mutants?
Maybe instead, be able to talk to guard dog / genetic monsters from lab?
+1 juice liberating bunnies... ?

S&M Theme - More likely to get dates?  Different pick-up lines...

Bloody-Stained Clothing Theme - More fear!  Less persuasion!
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 10:45:25 pm »

Wearing different clothing, armors, and masks already has an effect on gameplay in a really rather ingenious way that took me looking at the source code to understand.
!!&!!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 11:25:29 pm »

Wearing different clothing, armors, and masks already has an effect on gameplay in a really rather ingenious way that took me looking at the source code to understand.

I don't wish to come across as critical of what you're saying, but the fact that it took you looking at the code to understand it is a big weakness for the system. There's just no indication of some of the effects in-game. I've probably said this several times now in the past week, but it's true: if the player doesn't know about it, it might as well not exist.

I added most of the effects of clothing that are in there now aside from the armor and disguise effects, but there's more that can be done with it, and it really has to be apparent to the player that their clothes are affecting interrogations and donations and anything else they're doing, or they won't know to bother.

Gruegirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 11:33:43 pm »

Here's a random thought, very very rarely the player in the park will encounter a Conservative priest, a neutral rabbi, and a liberal lawyer, who respond to every question with "Is this some kind of joke?"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 01:35:13 am »

Here's a random thought, very very rarely the player in the park will encounter a Conservative priest, a neutral rabbi, and a liberal lawyer, who respond to every question with "Is this some kind of joke?"

That is better but I kinda find it a bit lame for lack of a better word.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 08:28:27 am »

A Liberal walks into the Gentleman's Club and asks for a bottle of the club's finest champagne. The bartender places the bottle on the bar, and the Liberal chugs the entire thing. "You should really take it easy drinking that", the bartender tells the Liberal, to which the Liberal responds "If you had what I had, you'd drink it fast too". "Oh My Science!" replys the bartender. "What do you have"? "Only seven dollars" responds the Liberal, before jumping off the barstool, dodging a conservative bouncer, and hightailing it out the door.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 02:45:26 pm »

Best post ever.
This is not a signature.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 09:25:24 am »

I like Easter Eggs too BUT the suggestions originally described are more like cheats. Easter Eggs shouldn't offer gameplay advantage, at least not much. If something was to be added, I'd prefer the addition of Christmas Specials - that is, using the TV or Radio studio on 24 December is somewhat more effective. That is also realistic and logical.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 02:55:41 pm »

That is also realistic and logical.
Then its not really an easter egg...

Mabey some easter eggs regarding flavor text might be nice.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 03:43:20 pm »

I like Easter Eggs too BUT the suggestions originally described are more like cheats. Easter Eggs shouldn't offer gameplay advantage, at least not much. If something was to be added, I'd prefer the addition of Christmas Specials - that is, using the TV or Radio studio on 24 December is somewhat more effective. That is also realistic and logical.

I would assume that effectiveness would decrease as the LCS affected the "Religion" issue?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 10:43:14 pm by Capital Fish »
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5