Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: One World (ISG/SG)  (Read 24355 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: One World (ISG)
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2018, 06:20:08 am »

As you continue your rant, a homeless man walks into the pub and begins yelling. "Hey!! Someone bring me a bottle of "the good stuff!!"

The bartender, along with most everyone else, turns to glance at the sketchy-looking newcomer.
   The waiter nearby scratches his head. "Err, the 'good stuff', sir?"
   "Yeah, you know the one." He winks at the confused waiter.
   The waiter glances at the bartender, who shrugs, looking equally confused.
   "Umm, sir... are you sure you're okay? You seem a little out of it..."
   The homeless man shoots an indignant glare at the waiter. "I'm perfectly well, sonny! Don't you worry about me! Now get me my bottle!"
   The waiter continues to look concerned. "Umm, I'm not sure what you are talking about, sir. I can get you a menu..."
   "Sounds good, lad!" The homeless man cheerily pats the waiter on the shoulder, hopping past him and taking a seat near you at the bar.

The bartender is a little wary, but tries to look natural as he greets the man with a nod, continuing to clean the glass.
   The homeless man takes a long, deep breath, completely relaxing as he inspects the various wines and liquors on the shelves behind the bar area, nodding with satisfaction.
   You glance at the strange vagabond. Something smells a bit funny...

Spoiler: Character Info (click to show/hide)

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2018, 09:54:49 am »

You try to figure out what's up with him, but you're too drunk to figure anything out beyond your flass of drink. What you'd need right now is a good healing potion dabbed on the liver... A healing spell will have to do, though, since you don't want to rip out your liver.
Ypu suddenly realise that between you noticing him and the current moment, you zoned out thinking about livers and self harm, and the hobo is drinking some kind of ale or beer... Light, almost orange in his glass. Curiously, the more he drinks, the calmer and cooler he seems to get, as though the... Ale... Is restoring his mind and body after a long time of misuse. It occurs to you that you want a sip of something like that.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2018, 03:13:43 pm »

All of the other patrons suddenly leave, along with the waiter. Something is amiss.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2018, 07:24:10 am »

A pair of shady characters enters, apparently looking for someone, they spot the "hobo" and approach him.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:25:48 am by Ultimuh »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2018, 07:47:46 am »

Seeing the two characters the bartender say to Jess he close early today
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2018, 08:53:09 am »

You try to figure out what's up with the homeless man, but you're too drunk to figure anything out beyond your glass of drink. What you'd need right now is a good healing potion dabbed on the liver... A healing spell will have to do, though, since you don't want to rip out your liver.
   You suddenly realize that between you noticing him and the current moment, you zoned out thinking about livers and self harm, and the hobo is drinking some kind of ale or beer... Light, almost orange in his glass. Curiously, the more he drinks, the calmer and cooler he seems to get, as though the... Ale... Is restoring his mind and body after a long time of misuse. It occurs to you that you want a sip of something like that.
   "What is that you're drinking??" Your words come out in a drunken slur, barely comprehensible, but you're way too drunk to care.
   "Oh, this?" He grins at you, his demeanor now resembling a classy sophisticate instead of a rowdy homeless person. Even his ragged clothes seem much cleaner and more elegant, somehow.
   "This is what I like to call, 'the good stuff.' Where I come from, we call it Phoenix Wave. I don't always drink it, but when I do, I prefer to be in the presence of a beautiful lady like yourself." He raises his glass to you, downing another portion of his drink and becoming more radiant by the moment. He's nearly glowing at this point.
   As you are about to ask the bartender for the same drink, you notice all of the other patrons suddenly leaving the bar, along with the waiter. As drunk as you are, you're coherent enough to realize that something is amiss...

A pair of shady characters soon enter the bar, looking around with a certain aura of unspoken authority.
   "We're closing early today." The bartender suddenly remarks to you upon seeing the two newcomers, his eyes intently focused on them.

The newcomers spot the "hobo" and approach him, making a brief moment of intense eye-contact with the bartender, who seems to stiffen up further.

The "hobo" soon notices the presence of the newcomers, as well as the fact that the rest of the bar is empty.
   He glances mindfully at the shady men standing close by, their trench-coats and dark statures towering over him.
   "Ehem. Gentlemen. Can I help you?" The hobo says calmly.
   The two men glance at each other, then back at the hobo. One of them finally speaks, his voice casual yet inquisitive. "We're looking for someone by the name of Evening Tiger. Wouldn't happen to know who that is, would you?"
   The hobo takes another sip from his drink, shrugging at the question. "Can't say I do. What kind of name is that, anyway? Sounds like someone from the mountain monasteries."
   The inquisitor slouches over the bar counter next to the hobo, the red glow of his cigar lighting up as he inhales. He then slowly exhales the smoke, the hazy fumes filling the bar area.
   "Word is he's in this area, wearing rags. Kind of like those you're wearing." The shady inquisitor says calmly, studying the hobo.
   "Rags, huh? And to think they were going out of fashion..." The "hobo" takes another sip from his drink.
   The inquisitor continues to study the hobo for a few moments before turning his attention to you.
   "Ah, where are my manners? I did not notice this lovely, delicate creature sitting so close by!" The inquisitor interjects himself between you and the hobo.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm called Mr. Bones, and my associate here is Mr. Clips. We're uh, detectives, and we're looking for a bad man who goes by the name of Evening Tiger. Surely someone as fair as yourself would have no ties with such a depraved criminal, but just a word of warning, lovely miss, not to get tangled with ill company..." He looks over at the hobo.
   "...for that would not be pleasant, for any and all involved..." After a bit of a pause, he turns back to you with a smile. "Just a friendly word of advice."
   You shruggingly nod, not entirely sure what he's talking about. You turn to glance at the inquisitor's associate, Mr. Clips, who is standing silently behind everyone else, his hands burried in the pockets of his dark trench coat. He turns his head slightly as he notices your glance, his eyes still concealed under the darkness of his broad-brimmed hat.
   Things are getting a little uncomfortable, but perhaps you're still too drunk to think much of it.

Feel free to control any characters, create any events anywhere, or make any kinds of suggestions you want!

Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2018, 09:17:40 am »

It might be time to leave and go some where else.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2018, 09:54:26 am »

It might be time to leave and go some where else.
We're too drunk to be comletly reasonble so we stay outside the door and try to listen in
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 04, 2018, 12:56:37 pm »

Stagger out the door and listen to the conversation.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2018, 01:12:01 pm »

You decide that it might be time to leave, before things continue to escalate. You get up from your seat and start towards the door, staggering a bit in your drunken state.

"Leaving so soon?" Mr. Bones suddenly asks in an exacting voice from behind you. Mr. Clips is then standing near the exit in front of you, blocking the way out.

"...Have a nice night." Mr. Bones soon finishes, to your relief, as Mr. Clips then moves out of the way. You cautiously make your way past him, through the exit and out of the bar.

Still too drunk to be completely reasonable, you decide to stay outside the door and try to listen in on the conversation. It's difficult to hear exactly what they are saying, but you're able to make out most of the words...

"So, mister Evening Tiger, we can either do this the easy way, or the hard way." Mr. Bones threatens.

"Erm, excuse me gentlemen, but would you mind if I used the loo first?" The hobo politely gestures before heading towards the washroom in the back of the bar.

Mr. Bones grins wickedly at his partner as he tilts his head toward the washroom, the two then following after the hobo.

A few moments of silence pass.

Then, a loud boom suddenly erupts from the direction of the washroom. Several more booms and crashes soon follow. And then, silence again.

Soon after, a random stranger walks out of the washroom, greeting the bartender with a casual "evening, mate" before walking out of the bar and down the street, whistling a jazzy tune.

The bartender looks bewildered as he cautiously scans the back of the bar for any signs of the hobo and the two "detectives"...

Optional: Where is Bumbleton Arcane University located in the world? (Is it inside a city, is it a college town, etc)

Ear teeth

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2018, 01:46:58 pm »

The "hobo" exits from the washroom about to ask the bartender abut the weird stranger
whom just passed by but stops mid-sentence, because it's probably irrelevant.
He then mentions something about two "accidents" in the washroom before hurriedly exiting the pub.
Excusing himself as he passes Jess, promptly turning to the opposite direction of where the stranger headed.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 01:51:09 pm by Ultimuh »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2018, 01:49:36 pm »

*beep beep* *beep beep* Jess's magic watch begins beeping. The magic experiment at home has finished. Soon, cake will be able to be mass produced. Assuming she can remember what the reminder was for in her drunken state, anyway.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2018, 08:30:39 am »

Bumbleton Arcane University is located on the wrong side of the train tracks next to the abandoned factory, and it's surround by gangs the houses of wizards.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2018, 08:32:18 am »

Bumbleton Arcane University is located on the wrong side of the train tracks next to the abandoned factory, and it's surround by gangs the houses of wizards.
wizard gangsters.

And it's right across the street from the old cultic temple with the outdoor pool of human blood.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2018, 08:34:10 am »

wizard gangsters.

And it's right across the street from the old cultic temple with the outdoor pool of human blood.

This used to be quite a nice neighbourhood back in the day when the university was founded. But that way long before your time.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22