Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: (RPG) Subdimension: Multi-planar Fantasy Adventure (ded)  (Read 8742 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Subdimension: Multi-planar Fantasy Adventure (In signups)
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 04:25:46 pm »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Subdimension: Multi-planar Fantasy Adventure (In signups)
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 08:11:23 pm »

The players chosen are sjm9876, Taricus, lawastooshort and Errol. Everyone else will be on the waitlist for the moment.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Subdimension: Multi-planar Fantasy Adventure (Starting)
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 08:17:13 pm »

How did I miss this!
Will make a WAITLIST sheet.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 10:36:37 pm »

~~~~~Eflek Yirkut (Lawastooshort)~~~~~

Eflek shoots up with a jolt. Dyed, tattered fur brushes against her arms as she rises to a sitting position, her hands resting on cold stone. She hears a whispered "mmh" to her right.

The room she's in is dark. She can make out a large shape moving around up ahead.

A) Rest a little while longer
B) Feel around for things
C) Try to get up
D) Attempt to regain vision
E) Enter command

((E just means anything else. You aren't bound by the options presented, they're just suggestions. Feel free to roleplay. Props to Aninimouse for creating this awesome format.))

~~~~~Seth Miller (Sjm9876)~~~~~

Seth is still on his back, but his dreams comes to a halt. He sees a faint light from somewhere nearby and hears someone shuffling around to the right of him. Gosh, this floor is uncomfortable.

A) Rest for a little while longer
B) Feel around for things
C) Try to get up
D) Punch something
E) Do something else

~~~~~Raphael Canan (Taricus)~~~~~

Raphael yawns and swats at the air. It's cold and thin like an underground prison cell with too few windows. His vision is blurry, and when he tries to sit up, he feels a sharp pain in his chest.

A) Rest on the cold floor
B) Shout into the darkness
C) Try to get up
D) Do something else

~~~~~Maria Cevedes (Errol)~~~~~

Maria wakes up in a cold sweat. Her dream was horrifying, but she can't quite place what it was. Her back aches from lying on the floor for so long. She hears something shuffling nearby.

A) Engage in violence
B) Rise peacefully
C) Ask who's there
D) Do something else

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 10:46:28 pm »

Taricus also asked for a primer on actions, so I'll steal it from Aninimouse.

Zaha finds himself in a deep forest.

A) Look around
B) Swim in the pond

When presented with these options you don't have to just post,

B) Swim in the pond

You can also roleplay it. This is more fun.

Zaha dives into the pond, water causing his deep brown hair to glisten in the early morning sun.

Or you can do something else entirely.

"Hmm..." Zaha looks around for something to eat.

Simple!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 10:48:30 pm »

Raphael dusted the front of his windcheater off, before placing his hands on the stone and pushing up on it, in an attempt to get back on his feet.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 02:48:27 am »

Seth was perpexed. But there wasn't all that much he could do without knowing where he was. So Seth pulled himself to his feet and started to feel around......
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 03:12:30 am »

((Posting to watch. I'm quite interested in seeing your take on the Multiverse concept, freeform. I can't know how well you'll run it, but for some reason I'm fairly sure you'll run it faster. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 04:02:44 am »

Hmm… Cold stone…

Cold was comfortingly normal, stone was much more unusual. Why the hell would she have gone to sleep on a bunch of stone? And that groaning did not sound like Aslak coming down after a particularly heavy spirit journey. She must be somewhere other than home but she couldn’t remember.

And what the crikey was that large shape moving just ahead?!

Eflek immediately tried to get up and roll into the defensive position she’d learnt to adopt when faced by a maddened rutting reindeer: crouched and ready to jump up and scare the bejesus out of the approaching fiend.

Then she brushed the hair out of her eyes. Her mother said they were her best feature, so there was no point being unprepared.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 05:43:38 am »

Marie woke up. She looked around, seeing a stone room and three other shapes. Not what she had expected - the memory of trying to fall asleep in the creaky, old bed she called her own was pretty clear. Oh, man. That dream was something.

She concluded that she was still asleep, dreaming, and closed her eyes again.

The stones were rather rough. One was poking her in the rib.

...pain? Could you even feel pain when dreaming? Marie was pretty sure you couldn't, she saw that on TV. But that meant...

...had she been on the juice again? Nah, no headache. A relief, at least. But on the other hand...

..oh. Great. Whoever was responsible for this - prank, kidnapping, or whatever this was - this responsible person better prepare for a fist in their face. Wait, calm down, calm down... no use getting angry over this. Not yet. Not now. Breathe in, breathe out. It would be best to just pretend to still be asleep and listen carefully to whatever happens. And then, if one of these people is responsible for this - beat the crap out of them. If they're all victims too, though, just peacefully introduce self, and ask who they are.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:45:16 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 11:47:53 am »

Or I could just abandon the Modieval system since everyone pretty much knows what to do anyway and has experience with RPing.

Yeah, that's a great idea.

~~~~~Eflek Yirkut (Lawastooshort)~~~~~

And what the crikey was that large shape moving just ahead?!

Eflek immediately tried to get up and roll into the defensive position she’d learnt to adopt when faced by a maddened rutting reindeer: crouched and ready to jump up and scare the bejesus out of the approaching fiend.

Then she brushed the hair out of her eyes. Her mother said they were her best feature, so there was no point being unprepared.

(Nimbleness: 17) Eflek reorients herself on the floor, pushes forward with her chest and somersaults forward into a crouched position. However, she bumps up against something in the darkness, pushing it to the side. It felt awfully large. Just what was it?

With a brief "MMMMMM" a pair of round lights on the ceiling flicker on and illuminate Eflek's surroundings. She finds herself surrounded by three other figures. They all look like kids not unlike herself.

~~~~~Seth Miller (Sjm9876)~~~~~

Seth was perpexed. But there wasn't all that much he could do without knowing where he was. So Seth pulled himself to his feet and started to feel around......

Seth pulls himself to his feet and feels around. The new light nearly blinds him for a moment, but his eyes adjust and he sees the other three kids, just as confused as he is, resting in the room around him. He feels around and comes up against a brick wall to his left.

((The active character will now be denoted with a small white arrow like the one seen above.))

~~~~~Raphael Canan (Taricus)~~~~~

Raphael dusted the front of his windcheater off, before placing his hands on the stone and pushing up on it, in an attempt to get back on his feet.

Raphael, noticing someone seems to have pushed him aside, pushes himself up with his hands and gets back on his feet. The room is lit now, and he sees three other kids around him.

He sees a shadowed figure up ahead.

~~~~~Maria Cevedes (Errol)~~~~~

..oh. Great. Whoever was responsible for this - prank, kidnapping, or whatever this was - this responsible person better prepare for a fist in their face. Wait, calm down, calm down... no use getting angry over this. Not yet. Not now. Breathe in, breathe out. It would be best to just pretend to still be asleep and listen carefully to whatever happens. And then, if one of these people is responsible for this - beat the crap out of them. If they're all victims too, though, just peacefully introduce self, and ask who they are.

Maria briefly considers punching the nearest thing, but decides against it. She instead waits to see what happens. What happens is the lights come on and three other kids, just as dazed as her, walk around in confusion. One of them, in a red fur suit, is shorter than her. Another, with wild black hair and a gangly look, is feeling up the walls. The third one is just now getting up.

The fourth one up ahead is almost certainly not a kid. Maria and the others hear the deep voice of an tall man in a black suit.

: "Hello. I'm sure you're all very confused. In the interest of honesty, my name is Ford. You may call me other names, but I will only respond to 'Ford.'"

The figure folds his arms.

: "You're on floor B17 of a top-secret DARPA research facility. If you're unaware, 'top-secret' means 'information that would cause exceptionally grave damage to the country if it were to be released.' The smarter of you are putting two and two together now."

He gestures to Raphael and gives him a hard glare.

: "I must ask: do any of you know why you're here?"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:53:03 am by freeformschooler »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 12:16:08 pm »

"I'm gonna be honest here, I have no clue why I'm here, especially with these dorks." Raphael pointed his thumb in the general direction of the others, barely even paying attention to them.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 12:38:45 pm »

'Ford you say.....? Nice name that. Doubt it's real, but hey. As you know we don't know, care to get on and explain already?' Seth guestured vaguely in the air, conveniently saiming his middle finger at Raphael. 'You gonna insult me, at least tell me your name mate.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 12:41:28 pm »

"Dork..." Marie's right eyelid twitched, but getting called a dork got drowned out by... fear. She didn't want to mess with this Ford person.

"...are you one of the Men in Black or something? You work for the government?" Up to now, the government hadn't cared for Marie, so Marie hadn't cared for them either. And... oh no.
"Wait... if you're holding me here..." This was a holding cell, no mistake. No getting out unless they want you to. "...who cares for my sis? Aw, crap!"
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 03:36:25 pm »

"The... um..." Eflek did her best to suddenly totally remember all of the English her mother had taught her whilst kneeding balls of reindeer cheese in the desolate Siberian taiga a thousand miles from even the nearest Russian speaker. She grimaced slightly with ancient repressed rage.

"Aww crap... the special... thing? You know, like Aslak said, like Aslak does, I mean, 'cept he reckons I can do it too, just without tripping balls? Which is good. I tried the fermented reindeer milk once and retched all over him. It's like drinking rotting cheese shots. So... um... 'cos we can fly?"

Eflek turned to her fellow... captives.

"You can totally fly, right?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5