Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Let's Play Vech's Super Hostile 7: Legendary [Minecraft Challenge Map]  (Read 1869 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

For those of you who aren't aware, there's a rather (in)famous map-maker on the Minecraft forums. Namely, Vechs. He creates and maintains the Super Hostile line of maps. These maps live up to their name, as just about everything that could reasonably kill you will, and most things that reasonably couldn't will find a way. Obviously, this is just begging for an LP. Note that there probably won't be a huge amount of reader interaction, since Super Hostile maps are somewhat linear in nature. This particular map, however, does have some forks in the road, which I will ask for.

Now, the actual map I'm playing is one called Legendary. It's one of the harder maps that Vechs has made, and is pretty much definitely one of the largest. It was originally created for Minecraft 1.2, and as such, I've decided to downgrade to 1.2.5 using the built-in system included with the newest launcher. If you'd like to play Legendary for yourself, or want to check out some of Vechs' other maps, you can find them over here.

WARNING: IF YOU PLAN ON PLAYING LEGENDARY YOURSLEF, DO NOT READ THIS LP. The map's difficulty is primarily reliant on traps and tricks, so don't spoil the !!FUN!! for yourself.

Legendary, like almost all of Vechs' works, is a Complete the Monument (CTM) map, which means that I'm going to have to go through insane trials to gather bits of colored wool and chunks of various minerals to finish off a victory monument, which ends the map. There are a few rules to follow:
  • Don't use wool that didn't come from a chest for the Monument, and don't dye chest-wool into different colors for the Monument. Beds and decorations are fine.
  • Don't leave the map boundaries
  • I hate you, die in a fire (NOTE: I didn't make this one up. Vechs includes that one in pretty much every map he makes.)

And so begins the hellish LP...

Spoiler: Part 1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:17:48 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.