Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 56775 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(9/9): Day 2: Nobody dead?
« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2016, 11:26:30 pm »

JACK:  Well BHK's role is a little more outlined now, but it looked like he was a blindfolded guy running around with a shotgun and candy.  If he is a blindfolded guy with a shotgun and candy, then he'd be the most costless town to lynch, and a useful mafia kill.  He's apparently a little bit different then that, though, so keeping him around might be a good idea.  I'm not undecided though.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 09, 2016, 06:03:14 am »

Pfp

Jack, did you throw me in Canadian Jail specifically or is it randomised?

Tiruin, there was no kill last night. I learned that someone had blocked you. This makes you suspect #2.

But suspect #1 is:

Deus Asmoth
So, no deaths. A cult seems like it would be against the flavour of the game comsidering how much our host wants us to kill each other, so presumably we have some kind of doctor/bulletproof person.
This seems really telling to me, as it's all from the perspective of someone that tried to kill but their target survived. You don't consider the scum being blocked or choosing not to kill and you dismiss a cult. Who did you try to kill so unsuccessfully, Deus?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 09, 2016, 07:03:21 am »

This is quite a bit for me to process.

@Jack, see everything below.

BHK looks suspicious, but, assuming Tiruin can confirm their results, I would be tempted to throw BHK into the town pile. An ability like that doesn't make sense for scum.

Tiruin seems to be avoiding most questions. This doesn't seem a good enough reason to vote her though, so I'm just gonna FoS. She also has the whole "trying to use her to confirm Jack/BHK thing, so I wouldn't vote her anyways. You got lucky :P

This part is interesting: Who told you Tiruin was roleblocked NQT (note: I may not have read this days chat right)? I guess another question is, did you get roleblocked by the jail?

The Deus Asmoth thing seems to be reaching for me, but there is some merit in it. Why would he specifically mention doctor/BP, but completely ignore the idea of a roleblocker?

Griffinpup gets the benefit of the doubt here. TDS was a big target of mine because he only said one thing, and that was that his role is similar to BHK's. Griffinpup seems to be taking a more active role right now, so I guess we can say.. Griffinpup: how is your role similar to BHK's?

TBF what did you do last night?

4mask: same question

Jack, how do you feel about my suspicions?

I think that's everyone?

Also, everyone who was "surprised" by the end of the day should be ashamed of themselves.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 07:05:04 am by Wozzy »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2016, 10:46:59 am »

@Wozzy:Attempted to confirm BHK, but something roleblocked me.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 09, 2016, 10:52:04 am »

Was ANYBODY not roleblocked?  I feel like this happened to a LOT of people.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 09, 2016, 11:00:07 am »

Explain both of these posts? What makes you think more people were roleblocked, and what do you mean by "confirming" me?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 09, 2016, 11:08:43 am »

Everyone: Quick question: Did anyone end up in Canadian jail last night?

4maskwolf: Way back, you said you found TBF's reference to you "jumping on him" piqued your curiousity.  What do you think of it now?
No to your first question, I'll need to see more of Fish to your second.  It's still interesting, but like anything it must be taken with the whole of a player's actions and not in a vacuum.  That said, I'll get to fish in a moment.

TBF what did you do last night?

4mask: same question
I think the more important question here is "why do you want to know."  I could understand if you asked "who did you target" or something similar, although even that's a bit iffy, but "what did you do last night" is too much to ask anyone D2.  It's rolefishing, plain and simple, and won't actually accomplish anything for the town because the scum can easily lie this early on with as little information as we have.

...TheBiggerFish

This sounds terribly much like a scum trying to weasel out of claiming their actions.  Claiming an action that's unconfirmable or saying you were roleblocked, particularly when others have noted the presence of roleblocks and it is thus a legitimate cover, is a classic trick.  These posts don't paint a very good picture when combined with your overreaction earlier to getting mildly poked.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 09, 2016, 11:16:02 am »

Also, people, stop editing.  You're not allowed to edit.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 09, 2016, 11:25:01 am »

Woozy:  Why are you rolefishing?... To pretty much everyone in the game??  Except... Dues Asmoth... Who you also subtly defended...

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 09, 2016, 12:05:07 pm »

@4mask, It's not like I'm asking you what your role is. You could easily say "I visited x," or "I was roleblocked," or "I say on my hands and did nothing."

@griffinpup, how did I defend Deus? I gave my reason for being suspicious of him.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 09, 2016, 12:09:44 pm »

I mean, if you want to claim a somewhat investigative role D2 like TBFwithout having any results, and without any pressure that's fine too...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 09, 2016, 12:13:21 pm »

@4mask, It's not like I'm asking you what your role is. You could easily say "I visited x," or "I was roleblocked," or "I say on my hands and did nothing."
mm... so what you're telling me is you asked an open-ended question that could be interpreted as a request for full details of the action taken and on whom, but you're only looking for basic information?

Also, perhaps you two should let Deus answer before starting in at each other over this whole "defending" accusation or really discussing the accusations against DA at all, scum are well known to take rationalizations for their actions from other people's posts about their actions and use those to defend themselves.  Anyone could be scum, so don't give them any tools to make their lives as scum easier if those tools wouldn't benefit the town in some way.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 09, 2016, 12:19:03 pm »

Explain both of these posts? What makes you think more people were roleblocked, and what do you mean by "confirming" me?
Because I was roleblocked in attempting to confirm what you've said about your ability, and there have been many complaints of roleblocking.

@griffinpup:It's also true.  Although I can't prove it to you, which is the problem.  I mean, I could prove it to myself but that wouldn't do anything.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 09, 2016, 12:19:37 pm »

*roleblocked while, not roleblocked in.  AFAIK, at least.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 09, 2016, 12:30:12 pm »

Also, people, stop editing.  You're not allowed to edit.
This is completely true. Don't edit your posts in mafia. Ever. Unless it's some sort of bastard gameplay mechanic.
~~~
Votecount initiating.

Votecount:
Deus Asmoth(1): [notquitethere]
griffinpup(0): []
TheBiggerFish(1): [4maskwolf]
notquitethere(2): [griffinpup, Tiruin]
Jack A T(0): []
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
Wozzy(0): []
4maskwolf(0): []
Tiruin(0): []

((As always, please correct me if I got any part of the vote count wrong.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33