Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1403458 times)

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.10 r1
« Reply #1875 on: June 17, 2012, 09:50:38 am »

Excuse me. What must I fetch, and from where, specifically?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

dangerPhil

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: June 17, 2012, 10:41:14 am »

If you get the absolute latest XML from angavrilov/df-structures, it will not work because angavrilov just recently renamed a few of the variables (control_mode/game_mode -> game_mode/game_type) - you must fetch it from peterix/df-structures.
Thanks, that was the problem.

Skitskraj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: June 17, 2012, 10:54:41 am »

Excuse me. What must I fetch, and from where, specifically?
I would also like to know that =)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1878 on: June 17, 2012, 11:03:46 am »

Got it. Thanks a lot man.

If you get the absolute latest XML from angavrilov/df-structures, it will not work because angavrilov just recently renamed a few of the variables

Why did he do that? I'm genuinely curious.
He changed them to match the actual variable names used by Toady - those ones in particular are used by libgraphics, whose source code is available.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

cybergon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: June 17, 2012, 11:12:40 am »

http://www.mediafire.com/?4kr1vne44j0444t

Here guys, this is the symbols.xml tweaked as I was instructed, just stuff in in the hack folder and replace. Hope that helps for now.

He changed them to match the actual variable names used by Toady - those ones in particular are used by libgraphics, whose source code is available.

Yeah but why doesn't it work now? Or is this intended for the next release of dfhack?

Skitskraj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: June 17, 2012, 11:33:10 am »

Here guys, this is the symbols.xml tweaked as I was instructed, just stuff in in the hack folder and replace. Hope that helps for now.

Yeah but why doesn't it work now? Or is this intended for the next release of dfhack?
Thanks mate, but still does't work. I see the command window open, but it closes immideately =S Anyone?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: June 17, 2012, 11:34:58 am »

It does not work because you are grabbing a file directly from what is currently being worked on, which is the next release of DFhack. this file changes several times daily as work is being done.

cybergon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: June 17, 2012, 11:40:52 am »

Skitskraj what OS are you using? The file I posted is tweaked to be just for windy so that's kinda relevant

It does not work because you are grabbing a file directly from what is currently being worked on, which is the next release of DFhack. this file changes several times daily as work is being done.

Ah I see, yes I figured this was so, thanks for confirming.

Skitskraj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: June 17, 2012, 11:42:52 am »

win 7 x64. Probably just some stupid windows setting that auto-closes the commandwindow, no?

cybergon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: June 17, 2012, 11:51:51 am »

I dunno, I'm on an x86 laptop right now and am no guru so I don't think I'll be of help, maybe wait for Quietust's input?

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: June 17, 2012, 02:01:57 pm »

Does this work for DF 34.11? Cause I tried running it and it just crashes DF the instant I open it and gives me some error message that I cannot read because its stuck behind the DF window which doesn't respond.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: June 17, 2012, 02:32:51 pm »

Does this work for DF 34.11? Cause I tried running it and it just crashes DF the instant I open it and gives me some error message that I cannot read because its stuck behind the DF window which doesn't respond.

No, wait a few days for release.

Skitskraj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: June 17, 2012, 02:48:09 pm »

Ah, reinstalled the game and DFHack, and the symbols.xml that was linked to a few posts earlier, works now, thanks <3

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: June 17, 2012, 07:21:02 pm »

I had the need to keep a fort alive for a very long time recently, and only had a few dwarves to work with, and some were getting pretty old.

So, I rejuvenated them!

Spoiler: rejuvenate.lua (click to show/hide)
This script can be called by targeting a dwarf in DF and simply: rejuvenate , if the script is placed into \hack\scripts\
or if you choose, with ' lua \path\to\rejuvenate.lua '

Tested in 34.10, does not appear to cause any problems with my adult dwarves, after a year of in-game time has passed, and through several saves/loads.

WARNING:  This script has NOT been tested on dwarven children.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: June 17, 2012, 07:23:00 pm »

I had the need to keep a fort alive for a very long time recently, and only had a few dwarves to work with, and some were getting pretty old.

So, I rejuvenated them!

Spoiler: rejuvenate.lua (click to show/hide)
This script can be called by targeting a dwarf in DF and simply: rejuvenate , if the script is placed into \hack\scripts\
or if you choose, with ' lua \path\to\rejuvenate.lua '

Tested in 34.10, does not appear to cause any problems with my adult dwarves, after a year of in-game time has passed, and through several saves/loads.

WARNING:  This script has NOT been tested on dwarven children.

Well, let's remedy that shall we?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 373