Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404577 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.10 r1
« Reply #1890 on: June 17, 2012, 11:12:08 pm »

I had the need to keep a fort alive for a very long time recently, and only had a few dwarves to work with, and some were getting pretty old.

So, I rejuvenated them!

Spoiler: rejuvenate.lua (click to show/hide)
This script can be called by targeting a dwarf in DF and simply: rejuvenate , if the script is placed into \hack\scripts\
or if you choose, with ' lua \path\to\rejuvenate.lua '

Tested in 34.10, does not appear to cause any problems with my adult dwarves, after a year of in-game time has passed, and through several saves/loads.

WARNING:  This script has NOT been tested on dwarven children.

Well, let's remedy that shall we?

Considering how this is said to work. I would assume it adultifies the children. Their birth year would be set to current year minus 20, making them 20 years old.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: June 18, 2012, 01:27:52 am »

Or maybe it just crashes the game.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: June 18, 2012, 08:13:55 am »

Why not add tag NO_AGING and  be done with it? Thoug this thing might really help with that damned children:)

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: June 18, 2012, 11:00:31 am »

Is there a reference that lists the dfusion lua functions, and explains what they each do?  I've only been able to find out about functions from other people posting their scripts.  Where do they find out about them?

For example, someone recently posted a script where one can set the mood type for dwarves, using df.mood.  Where did this person find out that df.mood was a thing and how to use it?  Searching the forums and the files in my dfhack directory turns up nothing.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:28:44 am by Makbeth »
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: June 18, 2012, 12:08:32 pm »

Where did this person find out that df.mood was a thing and how to use it?

Try here:
https://github.com/peterix/df-structures

the df.***.xml files define all data structures and variables that you can use with DFHack.

For example df.mood_type structure can be found in df.units.xml file.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 12:10:33 pm by Rafal99 »
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: June 18, 2012, 12:46:47 pm »

Where did this person find out that df.mood was a thing and how to use it?

Try here:
https://github.com/peterix/df-structures

the df.***.xml files define all data structures and variables that you can use with DFHack.

For example df.mood_type structure can be found in df.units.xml file.

Tasty stuff there.  Thanks!  Looks like the On Break flag can be accessed there, will finally be able to kick the dwarves out of break when there's time-sensitive things going on.

Also, looks like it might be possible to induce syndromes.  It'll take me several hours to write a symptom list suitable for nobles though...
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: June 18, 2012, 12:54:40 pm »

Good to see that people are writing scripts for DFhack. :9

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: June 18, 2012, 01:21:07 pm »

Good to see that people are writing scripts for DFhack. :9
We need a separate board thread list for DFhack scripts.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: June 18, 2012, 01:26:19 pm »

Can a script run through all items marked as dumped, and remove/leave the dump mark for certain types of items? That would make disarming prisoners a bit easier. I'd like to only strip their pointy objects and leave their armor on.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: June 18, 2012, 03:06:06 pm »

Can a script run through all items marked as dumped, and remove/leave the dump mark for certain types of items? That would make disarming prisoners a bit easier. I'd like to only strip their pointy objects and leave their armor on.

I think you can do this from the stocks screen without much trouble.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: June 18, 2012, 04:19:19 pm »

So it looks like stack sizes are accessible here...

Is it possible to go through all the items under the cursor, find stackable items of the same type, make one stack with the quantity matching the total, and delete the originals?

I figured that with all the people wishing for a way to combine stacks, somebody's probably already tried it.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1901 on: June 18, 2012, 08:47:28 pm »

There's already a development plugin (stripcaged) that disarms prisoners.  I just added a "keeparmor" option that causes it not to remove armor and clothing.  I should clean it up and move it into the main tree, but even so it'll be up to peterix to include it in the official release.  If it doesn't make it into 34.11r1 I can at least put the Windows plugin .dll up on github.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1902 on: June 18, 2012, 08:49:24 pm »

So it looks like stack sizes are accessible here...

Is it possible to go through all the items under the cursor, find stackable items of the same type, make one stack with the quantity matching the total, and delete the originals?

I figured that with all the people wishing for a way to combine stacks, somebody's probably already tried it.
Restacking is fairly hard; for example, two items are not stack-equivalent if they're masterworks created by different craftsdwarfs.  Implementing isRestackableWith is fairly tedious, and as of yet nobody has bothered to do it.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: June 18, 2012, 10:19:32 pm »

But it would work for items that were originally one stack, right?  I'm thinking mostly of consolidating recovered bolts and arrows in adventure mode.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: June 19, 2012, 07:12:53 am »

There's already a development plugin (stripcaged) that disarms prisoners.  I just added a "keeparmor" option that causes it not to remove armor and clothing.  I should clean it up and move it into the main tree, but even so it'll be up to peterix to include it in the official release.  If it doesn't make it into 34.11r1 I can at least put the Windows plugin .dll up on github.

Nice! While you are at it, maybe also an option for leaving their shields on, for experiments?

I think you can do this from the stocks screen without much trouble.

Well, I did it a few times, found it to be too much of a trouble and then came here to ask for a script to do it automatically.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 373