Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38

Author Topic: Cavebrands  (Read 66290 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Cavebrands
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2010, 12:18:39 pm »

Do we have a "last measure" weapon, or am I supposed to lock everyone inside and make one?
Well, we have an unfinished (for now, you should work on it!) pipe heading into the underground that can be used to attack anything we run into.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2010, 12:23:27 pm »

Do we have a "last measure" weapon, or am I supposed to lock everyone inside and make one?
Well, we have an unfinished (for now, you should work on it!) pipe heading into the underground that can be used to attack anything we run into.
You certainly mean the pipe that ended right in the residental area? If yes, I have only one thing to say, spoilered for good measure.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2010, 12:34:24 pm »

I don't recall it going into the residential area. I mean the one to the north of the main fortress.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2010, 12:54:54 pm »

You certainly mean the pipe that ended right in the residental area? If yes, I have only one thing to say, spoilered for good measure.

Don't give up the ship! fort!  How many dwarves are left?  Where are the gobs?  Pics, man!  We must strategize.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2010, 04:16:21 pm »

Don't give up the ship! fort!  How many dwarves are left?  Where are the gobs?  Pics, man!  We must strategize.
There are 12 dorfs left in the emergency bunker I crafted in the caverns. It's protected by a rather huge moat (remmants of the failed waterfall project), and I've got some food going, also: 54 casualities, including the tantrum spiral in middle of an ambush. Yes, I got a migrant wave.
The current time is 23 Timber, and there are 12 units of meat, 94 units of plants, four biscuits, and some seeds (plump helmet and pig tail). Also including: Farmable land, loads of silver, 1 pick, but no good miner, and finally, a breeding pair of cats. Oh, and the gobbos are just dancing around the fort killing war dogs.
This might be salvageable.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2010, 04:34:39 pm »

Aha.  Y'know, this is precisely why frequent updates are nice. 

I mean, I don't think there's a single person in this thread who wouldn't want to know how the hell we got into that situation.  It's stonking epic.

And include some pictures for Dog's sake.

Also, I'm going to assume that Sigun has long since kicked the bucket.  Pity...  He had a very nice name.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2010, 04:39:19 pm »

Aha.  Y'know, this is precisely why frequent updates are nice. 

I mean, I don't think there's a single person in this thread who wouldn't want to know how the hell we got into that situation.  It's stonking epic.

And include some pictures for Dog's sake.

Also, I'm going to assume that Sigun has long since kicked the bucket.  Pity...  He had a very nice name.
I'm trying to fight off apparently invictible goblins, one of which who took on our entire military at once and killed them with only his foot bruised. I'm not posting pictures which might be outdated due to savescumming, and/or reclaim.

Deadbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2010, 06:38:04 pm »

Woohoo! What I originally thought was a problem with the motherboard was actually a problem with the power supply. It's a shame too, it was a nice Logisys one.

Anyways, what I thought would be a difficult $90 problem to fix turns out to be an easy $50 fix.

So, immortal goblins? Has anyone tried out Ballistae yet?
Quote from: chmod
SEX AND HAPPINESS NOW REPORTING CORRECTLY!

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2010, 06:59:56 pm »

I can honestly say I've never seen a fortress messed up with such speed and efficiency.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2010, 07:56:38 pm »

Ever read SparkGears 2 through 5?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2010, 04:42:29 am »

I have not. I shall.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2010, 10:05:48 am »

I see only one solution: move the whole fort into the underground!
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2010, 10:45:19 am »

Maybe you can find a way to make a self-sustaining bunker! that'd be neat.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2010, 10:52:27 am »

Okay, it's official; I have just killed Cavebrands.
In fact, I just did it in three different ways.
Suicide, goblincide combined with suicide, and lavacide (thanks for the info Barbarossa)
The effect in #2 is semi-desirable, but we need to salvage some dorfs.
Also, due to no after-invasion save, I'll be reverting to Felsite, where we still have 66 dorfs and the military still alive.
The bunker was barely on the drawing chart then, so I think I'll make it self-sustainable this time, with 1-2 miltary dorfs salvaged for protection against the usual cave croc.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2010, 10:56:19 am »

Sounds great!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38