Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43

Author Topic: Rise of Dragons RTD:Turn 30, For the Evilz  (Read 65679 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Dragons RTD: Turn 9, Black Dragons are OP
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2011, 06:03:37 pm »

I think that's everybody who's still a baby. [/pressure]

I want to see what happens to a young genius Good dragon who can heal near-lethal wounds growing up amongst dwarves.

Question on breath uses, although it's a bit late: Shouldn't it be constrained to time, rather then turns? A baby might only be able to use its breath attack in combat once, for example, but I expect later turns to have large, semi-frequent time-gaps, and it would be strange if an adult couldn't breathe fire more then once a week. Or month. Or could sometimes breathe it twice in one spelunking session.
Perhaps we could have BP (Like MP or HP), with breathes stated as being more frequent having more maximum BP, and recovery based on max BP and GM-discretion (You sleep for a week. [5] Full BP). This would also allow low powered breath attacks (Light a torch) to be frequently used.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2011, 06:14:28 pm »

I'll think on it.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 09, 2011, 04:29:20 am »

I know I haven't updated in a while; but I will update tomorrow.  So this ain't dead yet.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 09, 2011, 04:32:04 am »

By "A while" you mean two days? To be honest, that's not "A while".

Also, tip: don't set a deadline. For me, it only makes updating the RTD more stressful. Update when you feel like it without a deadline.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 09, 2011, 04:33:15 am »

It isn't? I must have high standards then. Eh, in that case expect an update in a years time :P
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 09, 2011, 04:38:41 am »

Definitely high standards. To me, "A while" is about 7 days. 2 days to me is just lower-end standard updating speed (with higher-end once every day and standard being a varying interval of 1-2 days).

And if you don't update within one year I'll strap you to a chair and force you to update. >:O
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 10, 2011, 04:24:28 am »

The Pack

((I will be implementing BP after the time skip.)

Acheran (Tarran)

Once you enter the chamber, your attention is immediately focused on the strange creature that is in no way a dragon or related to one. You immediately try to put on your cutest face and approach the thing with a face of both curiosity and utter cuteness. (2) The thing is not affected at all by your cuteness, actually you think he's more scared or angry than anything. A black drake rests above him on a pile of treasure. He yawns at you.

You look towards mother and try to ask her for help (3). Your not the best speaker, but you get the message across.

"Your brothers thought he was a toy. He's anything but a toy child, he's what people call an adventurer. They go into the places cowards fear and try to get rich from whatever they find. This one wasn't so lucky. He will live and leave when he can, for now it will rest."

Gravnoth (Haika)

Your tired of your feeble brothers and their backstabbing...Kefka is nearby, just making sure you don't die. Well who needs him?! Your Gravnoth Terrorbelly! You decide to go exploring...You only make a few feeble steps before you tremble and fall. Pain erupts throughout your body, luckily you made no sound and so your siblings didn't notice your weakness. Mother however, did.

"Child, go to sleep, you need the rest."

Your...not one to disobey mother, so you head back to where you were and rest.

Koraeleth (Yoink)

Your pain was...less that what it used to be that was true, but it still flared through your body from time to time. Perhaps it would be better after a little rest?

You enter the chamber with your mother, and see a horrible sight. Your gift to mother was bleeding! Who did this!? (4) You tell mother about the human. She is not pleased about it.

"He was a guest of our home and he was hurt in our care. Were your siblings older, I would beat them for it. Your gift was still good Koraeleth."

You ready to attack, just in case.

Alterix (Aklyon)

Seeing all these siblings was interesting, and the bleeding thing was too, but you were more focused about the stone you found.(5) You have no problem telling mother about it, you even show it to her.

"A rat must have taken that away from the pile. You can have it, consider it the beginnings of your own hoarde."
She smiles at you, perhaps reminiscing about her own youth.

"The stone was used by a race called the Elm to traverse their dark and clouded realms. They put maps and pictures of places they traveled by to ease further travel in those places. It's a map in other words, although it does require flames to use. The proper term for these stones are Elmstones, but most call them mapstones or lightstones."

Knowledge Gained! Elmstone mastery- You are able to use the Elmstone to create maps and sketches of areas.

Jaxar( Spaghetti7)

The first thing you did when mom came in, was try to nuzzle her. (1) Unfortunately, she seemed to tired to notice, and walked on to the thing. (2) After that, you tried to tell her that you and Kefka stopped the fight, she misunderstands and thinks that you were scared. She comforts you.

Later, Kefka comes to play and try to talk with mother.

Kefka (Firelordsky)

You spend some time with Gravnoth, making sure Azkul dosen't try to kill him or the other way around. Soon after that, you go up to Jaxar who was sitting down with mother. You play for a bit with Jaxar and then try to talk to mother. (2) It sounds like a cat's growl. Your mother approves of your learning.

Azkul (Azkul)

Your superiority seemed confirmed; Gravnoth was wounded and stuck in his pile, Koraeleth wasn't even challenging you, and the Chromatic Twins were busy playing. Ah it was a good existence. One of your new siblings ( the ones that came with mother) came up to you. At first you thought he was going to challenge you or show some respect, but instead he just looked at the thing. You yawn at him.

The Thirster

Conchobar

You nuzzle your mother and gesture that your going out to explore your realm. She nods and heads to sleep. (4) The trees extend in every direction. Your treasure pile remains here. You decide to explore farther this time. You go by the most obvious and clearest path. The path seems heavily travelled with marks on the ground. Flowers grow along the sides and you can see movement among the trees above and along the path. Eventually, you reach a clearing. Nothing is here....(6) at first look. You can see shimmers in the air, movement through it. The shimmers are gathering in the middle of the clearing, for some reason...A dark shadow is seen in the sky.

Spoiler: Yoink/Koraeleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Firelordsky/Kefka (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spaghetti7/Jaxar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Azkul/Azkul (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tomas1297/Astaroth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sinpwn/Conchobar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aklyon/Alterix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir/Nirathi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nega/Dekoth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran/Acheran (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:53:50 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Dragons RTD: Turn 10, Decimation...I wish.
« Reply #247 on: September 10, 2011, 06:12:04 am »

Gravnoth will Rest. Conserve his energy. The future will hold more fights and glorious battle. He will continue to reign supreme.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 10, 2011, 07:58:07 am »

Jaxar was getting increasingly frustrated. Nobody understood him, and no-one save his chromatic sibling thought he was the toughest. Thinking about how he will show them all one day, Jaxar will train on anything available nearby that isn't alive, (although he will happily turn to any living soul that disturbs him) trying to get better at fighting.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 03:45:58 pm by Spaghetti7 »
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 10, 2011, 08:02:18 am »

Continue to learn how to talk as it will be useful when I'm helping Jaxar in the future. ( Or if someone attacks jaxar or me engage in Mortal Kombat.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:47:31 pm by Firelordsky »
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 10, 2011, 08:08:26 am »

Continue to learn how to talk as it will be useful WHEN I'm helping Jaxar in the future.

Haha! A loyal follower.  :D
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 10, 2011, 08:16:22 am »

Continue to learn how to talk as it will be useful WHEN I'm helping Jaxar in the future.

Haha! A loyal follower.  :D
Hey we will need some loyal minions because we can't command them if both of us can't speak.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 10, 2011, 08:46:40 am »

Try to learn to start to talk.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 10, 2011, 09:30:53 am »

Koraeleth simply grunted, slightly mollified by Mother's words, although he still felt he really should do something about the sorry state of his 'gift'. He looked at the feeble, bloody thing and snorted, then decided it was best to stay with the thing, otherwise there wouldn't be any of it left for Mother to play with.
He also kept a wary eye on his siblings, ready to pounce on them if they approached his prize. "You stay here, weird-thing."
Koraeleth settles down on his haunches to watch the creature. If Mother talks to it any more he'll watch with interest, but mainly he'll just make sure none of his siblings get too close.
Especially Acheran. Acheran's showing too much interest,  if he tries to touch the creature Koraeleth will attack!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:13:48 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 10, 2011, 10:22:38 am »

Azkul demands respect from all his siblings! The chromatic twins are plotting to overthrow him!

Make the chromatic twins submit to Azkul, by violent force if necessary.

Sure is paranoid megalomania in here
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43