Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 636

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 683700 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Talk about stuff I pretend to understand]
« Reply #1725 on: October 28, 2015, 03:26:06 am »

I use a layered image on gimp. The base map in bottom layer, then unit icons, then status indicators. The image is kept in the native xcf format and a PNG exported whener the turn updates is used on the forum.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Talk about stuff I pretend to understand]
« Reply #1726 on: October 28, 2015, 03:33:38 am »

That's also what I used for my EoD game.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: October 28, 2015, 03:58:58 am »

Yep, the layered image is the easy way.

I'm honestly surprised that nobody has made something in the vein of a 2D chess game board, except as a battlegrid, with blank tokens you can paste images into for tokens, or flat colors for AoEs (in the place of the chessmen). That's basically what the image tinkering simulates in an excessively tedious way.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: October 28, 2015, 10:05:46 am »

How halls sugarmints make that cold feel in your mouth? If you breathe with mouth, while you have one such sugar mint inside, you would get feeling of winter, srsly.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1729 on: October 28, 2015, 10:14:53 am »

They contain menthol, which chemically activates cold-sensitive nerve endings, I believe.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: October 28, 2015, 10:40:54 am »

They contain menthol, which chemically activates cold-sensitive nerve endings, I believe.
Yep. It feels cold because, to your brain, it literally feels like having something cold in your mouth since the same receptors are triggered.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: October 29, 2015, 12:16:28 am »

Is there any way to link to a specific moment of a show/movie on Netflix?  To someone who also has Netflix.
(Been watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, where there are no spoilers, and so many clips I'd love to share)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: October 30, 2015, 02:11:57 am »

Anyone know of any good B-movie quality horror movies that are either on Netflix or are in the public domain?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: October 30, 2015, 08:12:58 am »

Anyone know of any good B-movie quality horror movies that are either on Netflix or are in the public domain?
I know a lot.
For starters, watch Brain Dead/Dead Alive on Netflix. It's amazing.
Then there is The Toxic Avenger, Class of Nuke 'Em High and a whole host of other Troma films available on Youtube. I haven't watched nearly as many of them as I should have, but Nymphoid Barbarian In Dinosaur Hell is a good, very surreal watch (the title is incredibly misleading), and Rock And Roll Space Patrol is amusing, if only to laugh at how badly made it is.

I also have to recommend Rubber on Netflix, but it's not exactly a horror film. It is a must-see, though. It changed my life.

...That's all I can recommend right now, I need to go do stuff and/or sleep. Troma's YT channel is a real treasure trove of B-Grade goodness, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: October 30, 2015, 12:16:53 pm »

--snip--
I also have to recommend Rubber on Netflix, but it's not exactly a horror film. It is a must-see, though. It changed my life.
--snip--
Rubber is the best movie. Also one of the very few Dadaist films out there made recently.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: October 31, 2015, 12:45:48 pm »

Is mariachi still popular in Mexico, or is it like jazz or 50's rock music in the USA, where everyone knows that it's American, but it's mostly a niche choice as far as actual listening?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 12:48:47 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1736 on: October 31, 2015, 12:48:28 pm »

everyone knows jazz = American

Wait, really?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: October 31, 2015, 12:51:25 pm »

Mostly, yeah. All the classics are American, at least.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: October 31, 2015, 12:53:17 pm »

It's one of the few distinct musical styles that have actually originated from the states, yeah.

Not really niche listening, though, especially the smooth stuff. It's almost omnipresent as background/elevator music in the US.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1739 on: October 31, 2015, 12:54:48 pm »

Mostly, yeah. All the classics are American, at least.

Huh. Culture difference, I guess. Jazz in Africa is a big thing, so mostly when I listen to jazz it's not American, although a lot of the really famous jazz musicians are American, now I think about it.

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 636