Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Bring 3: Chaos Incarnate (Crash Report Log)  (Read 10422 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bring 3: Chaos Incarnate (Crash Report Log)
« on: March 12, 2023, 02:17:26 pm »

The Gooapocolypse has begun. After the events of Bring 2: It's Personal, the virus spread, amalgamated , and corrupted everything in it's path. As a result the internet the world relies on has become filled with bugs and becomes ever more unreliable, and tensions among the world rise. The only thing preventing complete takeover is the bugs in the system that have arisen from the unending mutation the gooey virus has undergone.

Enter the brave souls who with their experience in hacking have found a way into the central core of this virus through the same virtual game it once resided in. This backdoor will allow them to strike directly at the anomaly and end the threat once and for all. However, their firewalls will be tested, as some of the old player data yet exists performing it's own mad coding that they will have to see through and prune, before it's too late.

Bring 3: Chaos Incarnate has arrived. Take on the role of hackers out to save the cyberworld and the real world from complete collapse. It will be up to you to pick Three Roles to add to the pool your abilities will be drawn from. Due to antiviruses developed, the previous roles from Bring 2: It's Personal are not available. And like the last game, it's insanity will be the result of the roles picked.

Welcome to this crazy madness of a game. Players who sign up will publicly list two powers from the MafiaWiki. These will then be randomized and handed out to the players and the mafia team randomly chosen. By the nature of the game, it's chaos. So I wonder how you will handle things.

Of Note, Mafia have a shared kill. Hammers ae in effect, and the days are 72 hours, not counting Sat/Sun on the weekends. Nights are 24 Hours or once all actions have been submitted, even if that action is to do nothing.

TricMagic has no responsibility for game balance. There will be no bastard rules or subtext.
Whenever a player is killed they will lose one of their abilities.

Please link URLs to the roles you pick, it saves time.
B3 is about to begin, and the end of the world ticks down. Are you ready?

Player 1
-notquitethere
-zemaj
-FallacyofUrist
-Maximum Spin
-ToonyMan
-webadict
-Fluffe9911
-Jim Groovester
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 08:24:47 am by TricMagic »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Bring 3: Chaos Incarnate (Sign-Ups) 0/?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 02:25:02 pm »

In. For those that can't decipher Tric's post: pick three roles from mafia wiki, they'll collectively form the pool of roles for the game. Don't pick anything from the last game.

My submissions:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Parrot
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Strengthener
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Janitor
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 03:32:31 pm by notquitethere »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 02:27:42 pm »

I did underline 3 Roles, not 2. So more craziness.

Oh, and no Slimes. The Rainbow Slime ate everything.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 02:29:51 pm by TricMagic »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 03:03:58 pm »

Three slimes, got it

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 03:32:56 pm »

I did underline 3 Roles, not 2. So more craziness.
Of course! I've amended my post.

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 03:53:16 pm »

In.

Bus Driver
Post Restriction
Stumpy

[As this will be my first game with this group I will ask how BM this is going to be before entering submissions, from what I have seen from casual perusal, you(plr) tend not to go too overboard with thing like TFPTSLBOIA, but how does this group (or really @Tricmagic as mod) feel about things like Miller, Watcher, Jester, Bus Driver, Investigator-With-Sanity-Issues, etc.?]

EDIT:
hmmm... forum software doesn't support @'s.  Not necessary in this case, as mod is OP, but important to note going forward.

EDIT2:
added role pick urls  :D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 06:37:41 pm by zemaj »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 04:27:18 pm »

[placeholder... role submissions forthcoming.  As this will be my first game with this group I will ask how BM this is going to be before entering submissions, from what I have seen from casual perusal, you(plr) tend not to go too overboard with thing like TFPTSLBOIA, but how does this group (or really @Tricmagic as mod) feel about things like Miller, Watcher, Jester, Bus Driver, Investigator-With-Sanity-Issues, etc.?]
Community wise, almost anything goes. Death Millers and such are confined to games explicitly labeled bastard-mod, and generally internal sanity effects are used rarely (things like being an Insane Cop), but external ones (like being a Miller or a Framer) can be more common.

In.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mysterious_Conduit
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=King
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Governor
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 06:00:45 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2023, 04:33:02 pm »

I'm taking url pages, so... So long as it wasn't picked before given everything gets randoed. (bastard roles lead to bastard games.)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2023, 11:09:37 pm »

I probably sign up for this eventually, but picking out three roles that haven't been chosen before is, like, work, which I don't want to do.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 10:01:06 am »

I probably sign up for this eventually, but picking out three roles that haven't been chosen before is, like, work, which I don't want to do.
^

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Bring 3: Chaos Incarnate (Sign-Ups) 3/?
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2023, 12:49:51 pm »

^

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023, 01:50:09 pm »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023, 05:58:44 pm »

Which means that Fallacy, you've got to pick something other than Flagbearer as it was in the last game.
Ugggggh

But you're right, I'll do that now.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17