Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LCS idea: Metal detectors.  (Read 954 times)

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LCS idea: Metal detectors.
« on: April 05, 2005, 02:31:00 pm »

When you think about it, isn't it a little odd that the Liberal Crime Squad can carry tons of guns into a courthouse or the CIA headquarters with no problems?  Logically, most such places have metal detectors nowadays.

I think it might be interesting to place metal detectors in the game world; exits with metal detectors on them would be noted.  Trying to pass through one while carrying guns or metal objects would set it off and send the area to full alarm (possibly a high security or computer skill could let you disable it if nobody is watching?)

This would also create more use for non-metallic melee weapons, and for melee-related combat skills.

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: LCS idea: Metal detectors.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 04:22:00 pm »

I guess we'd need schools with metal detectors too.  They used to call me Crazy Joe!  Now they can call me Batman!  You're killin your brain cells, Sams!  You're killin your brain cells!
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Ancient_Sleeping_Dude_Rei

Re: LCS idea: Metal detectors.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 06:01:00 pm »

You, my dear sir, is crazy. We all know there is only 1 batman, and that is batman.

So we all still call you Crazy Joe... Sometimes Crazy Bob to mix it up  :)