Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 619936 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1845 on: July 10, 2014, 03:55:34 pm »

While looking at the legends, i noticed that one of my fallen characters was a "hearthperson" in a society/entity .
I don't remember seeing that in previous version of DF, and english not being my language it does not help that i never saw or heard this english word before so i looked on google for the definition of a "hearthperson" and found no result.

I imagine it's some kind of rank as it's related to entities characters are part of, but what a "hearthperson" is supposed to be and to do exactly ?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: July 10, 2014, 04:18:17 pm »

A hearth is like a fireplace.

So a hearthperson would be a homeperson or, more accurately, a "Home Guard"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: July 10, 2014, 04:22:34 pm »

Thank you, i was mixing in my brain hearth with heart, so i was starting to wonder if there was a relation to lovers in a faction or something like that.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: July 10, 2014, 04:25:22 pm »

Is there a way to get out of webs? I was going through a tunnel when I got trapped in one, and I've been struggling to escape for about 10 minutes now.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: July 10, 2014, 04:29:58 pm »

Is there a way to get out of webs? I was going through a tunnel when I got trapped in one, and I've been struggling to escape for about 10 minutes now.

For some reason, I found this highly amusing. :D

Just thought I'd let you know. I've got no idea how to get out. :
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: July 10, 2014, 04:31:14 pm »

For some reason, I found this highly amusing. :D

Just thought I'd let you know. I've got no idea how to get out. :
Just found out—sleeping makes them magically disappear.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: July 10, 2014, 07:01:29 pm »

Think that may be a bug, they should be able to only hold you in place for about half a second or so of realtime.
Unless it was a intentional change with the new release.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: July 10, 2014, 07:02:36 pm »

How do I get manageable quests?
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: July 10, 2014, 07:04:59 pm »

Think that may be a bug, they should be able to only hold you in place for about half a second or so of realtime.

I find that waiting for a few ticks will get you free. At least, it worked for me.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: July 10, 2014, 07:07:30 pm »

I find that waiting for a few ticks will get you free. At least, it worked for me.
Ok, but as I said, travel mode teleports you out.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: July 10, 2014, 07:20:45 pm »

On my new character (a human) , in my starting castle my lord asked me to make some trouble for an entity owning an elven retreat, they're not enemies but there's some ill will between them and our own faction.

I went there, i spit on a passing elf , make a campfire next to a tree (though this one was to allow me to drink from my frozen water) and noticing the "agreement" was still not completed, i even killed an elf on a tree top.
Still nothing, my ally is starting to be bothered by my actions, and i'm not sure how to proceed to make the "make some trouble" agreement to become completed.

Anyone got it done ?

edit : i spit on another elf, then grabbed his head and my companion for some reason decided to hate that elf , there was some punch between the elf and my ally after i kicked the elf in the arm , suddenly my ally took his sword and cut the elf head.

I took the head and threw it toward an elf administrator (that jump away from it), those guys became aware of the 2 elves having been killed by my small party, but still it's not enough to have the "make some trouble" to complete, they were running around , not sure if they were in panic.

edit 2 : ouch, looks like my ally is now hating every elves, he just killed 2 of them that i didn't even attacked, i was asking one to cease hostilities, that the elf agreed to, and my ally just ran him through his sword.
(still not enough to get the "make trouble" completed)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:44:39 pm by Robsoie »

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: July 10, 2014, 09:10:00 pm »

Is it possible to gain fame by fighting random people in a town?
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: July 10, 2014, 10:22:33 pm »

Does anyone ever yield? Or do they just call you a coward?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: July 10, 2014, 10:28:56 pm »

Has anyone managed to sell anything for coin? Can't figure out how it works now.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: July 10, 2014, 10:33:05 pm »

How do I get them to acknowledge me as ruler of the town? I killed the old lord, and declared myself ruler of the town, but I didn't get any announcement, and the people still say the old group is in charge.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 327