Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 619955 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4065 on: November 02, 2016, 01:38:49 pm »

I've got no clue! The (l)ook description of that space does call out that the items are stuck to the pillar, so it seems like a programmatic thing; however, there is no way to step into the pillar's space and (g)et the hammer. Further, while (u)sing the hammer does show up in the (u)se menu, selecting it does nothing.
you must be worthy to snatch the hammer from the stone. maybe, if you get the hammer you get to rule a dwarvish version of England!
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: November 02, 2016, 10:17:26 pm »

Q1: How are adv-sites (Adventurer-create sites) classified? Are they, essentially, a type of Lair? I realize that the wiki is not always current, but I can't find adv-sites mentioned on either the DF2014: Site page or under the DF2014: Adventurer mode | Sites area.

Q2: When you create an adv-site and you have your character claim it for him or herself, is it considered as part of the character's civilization? Does the site ever have a relationship to some group other than to oneself? If your character is a leader of a group (bandits, maybe?) and you create an adv-site, would the site be associated with your character's group?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: November 02, 2016, 10:51:21 pm »

So, question: How do you guys get artifacts out of retired forts? Leave them on a stockpile? (bins or binless, forbidden or not), or do you leave them on the workshop?

Because I left mine forbidden inside the workshops, and when I walk out of the fort's site they go back to said workshops, and when I leave them on a binless stockpile they weren't there by the time my adventurer got there (I forbid them before retiring the fort)
I've managed to retrieve artifact mugs (unforbidden) from a binless tavern stockpile and coffer. I was able to retrieve crowns, etc. from a binned artifact stockpile, but there were duplication issues (a copy remained in the bin) with some. Made it out of the site with most of them, but a bunch disappeared later during adventurer site construction. (I had them in a barrel in a minecart sitting on the ground in my claimed site.) My booze evaporated, too.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: November 02, 2016, 11:18:19 pm »

Q1: How are adv-sites (Adventurer-create sites) classified? Are they, essentially, a type of Lair? I realize that the wiki is not always current, but I can't find adv-sites mentioned on either the DF2014: Site page or under the DF2014: Adventurer mode | Sites area.

Q2: When you create an adv-site and you have your character claim it for him or herself, is it considered as part of the character's civilization? Does the site ever have a relationship to some group other than to oneself? If your character is a leader of a group (bandits, maybe?) and you create an adv-site, would the site be associated with your character's group?
It's a camp, and a new civ is created.

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: November 03, 2016, 09:28:09 am »

So, question: How do you guys get artifacts out of retired forts? Leave them on a stockpile? (bins or binless, forbidden or not), or do you leave them on the workshop?

Because I left mine forbidden inside the workshops, and when I walk out of the fort's site they go back to said workshops, and when I leave them on a binless stockpile they weren't there by the time my adventurer got there (I forbid them before retiring the fort)
I've managed to retrieve artifact mugs (unforbidden) from a binless tavern stockpile and coffer. I was able to retrieve crowns, etc. from a binned artifact stockpile, but there were duplication issues (a copy remained in the bin) with some. Made it out of the site with most of them, but a bunch disappeared later during adventurer site construction. (I had them in a barrel in a minecart sitting on the ground in my claimed site.) My booze evaporated, too.

that sucks

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: November 04, 2016, 06:33:15 pm »

So I started my Kisat Dur outsider in a drinking mound, and immediately started some friendly brawls with the locals to improve my things.
The first guy got pretty beaten and yielded, so i went to the next one. After a while the first one suffocated. Think I messed up his lungs.
Does this means Im a criminal or something?

Edit: one of the drunkards just told the other one: "There's nothing to be upset about". Damn, living under us overseers must have jaded theses bastards pretty badly.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 06:37:08 pm by Cattani »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: November 04, 2016, 11:08:33 pm »

I think if you stopped the fight and don't brag about killing them it shouldn't be a problem, don't go telling his family about it though.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #4072 on: November 07, 2016, 08:15:04 am »

Do you just go unarmed to brawl? Can you wrestle?
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: November 07, 2016, 01:42:18 pm »

im pretty sure if you dont draw a lethal intent like choking someone, unarmed combat should only hold em at brawl level

Waddis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: November 08, 2016, 10:35:29 am »

I retired an adventurer so that I could work on another character or two that I could later draft as his companions. When I returned to the first character, I discovered that a lot of his equipment had been re-rolled. His formerly superior iron two handed sword was now a typical craft iron two handed sword with some decoration. It's got the same kill list as the previous item. Further examination showed this happened more or less across the board, with the quality and decorations for various equipment having changed. A couple of items have even vanished.

Is this normal post-retirement behavior?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: November 08, 2016, 02:11:51 pm »

If you've got dfhack, check and make sure that the sword isn't artifact quality, that happens sometimes and it will just show up as being decorated.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: November 08, 2016, 03:12:09 pm »

So I'm in the middle of rescuing a pack of kids from a dark fortress, and while I have discovered that asking them about the journey will have them tell me which town one of their parents live in, doing so will not add either the parent, or even the town, to the list of things I can ask for directions to. While I can use legends to find the towns and hamlets, I have no such way to find their parents within the towns. Any ideas?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: November 09, 2016, 06:18:26 am »

It is a huge pain in the ass, yeah, incidentally you might find it handy to nickname the kids where you're taking them, Silverspool, Goldhammer, Poisonfly, etc.

Though I haven't done much rescues due to a bug where the kids get shanked when you actually find their parents, not sure if it's still in 43.05 though.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: November 09, 2016, 10:01:08 am »

It is a huge pain in the ass, yeah, incidentally you might find it handy to nickname the kids where you're taking them, Silverspool, Goldhammer, Poisonfly, etc.
Isengard
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: November 09, 2016, 08:01:06 pm »

They're taking the dorflets to Isengard?
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 327