Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Husk Science: The eternal siege of Voidbreach  (Read 55699 times)

Muttonhawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord-High everything else
    • View Profile
Re: Husk Science: The eternal siege of Voidbreach
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2012, 07:34:15 am »

Code: [Select]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:NOT_LIVING:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:EXTRAVISION:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NOEMOTION:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NOFEAR:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:NOTHOUGHT:NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT:NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT:START:0]

I read this while watching The Terminator, when the man mentioned the various facts about how the terminator would never stop, does not feel pain, etc. etc. It was rather fitting I think.
How sad, imagine what they would've come up with... Booze proppelled rocket bayonets
Quote from: Dylan Moran
You know what you are? You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it.

Salmonpunch

• Bay Watcher
  • Fishing poles are for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2012, 08:06:17 am »

The only plausible thing I can think of is to unleash a giant sponge on them (essentially invincible to all forms of weaponry including [supposedly] throwing, able to one shot dorfs with its shove). But now that I think about it, husks probably wont die from a spine snapping shove.

Damnit.
This is Gabe Newell, a vast humanoid. He undulates rhythmically. Beware his deadly release schedule!
Oh look, more apocalypse in my cereal.

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2012, 08:38:27 am »

Similarly, I uploaded Lancehour so if anyone wants an existing embark that is confirmed to generate thrall-producing soot repeatedly after roughly the first year, download and go for it! 

The save is right after embark.  There are no trees, so conserve wood obsessively at first, but so long as you do that, you're fine.

That link doesn't work.

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2012, 08:39:20 am »

If a zombie gets the husk dust/soot/ash on them, do they turn into a husk?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2012, 08:45:13 am »

If a zombie gets the husk dust/soot/ash on them, do they turn into a husk?

Not seen this happen, so I'm going to hazard a guess and say no. Anyone know how other creatures on team undead react to this mist?

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2012, 08:45:50 am »

Need a place to test thralls? I have you covered.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They're pretty much everywhere, along with volcanoes. Shamelessly stolen from some goon.

Are they infectious?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2012, 08:53:34 am »

They're pretty much everywhere, along with volcanoes. Shamelessly stolen from some goon.

Are they infectious?

As said in the original post, husks and thralls arent contagious, but they usually will have dust coverings, and those are infectous.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2012, 09:00:43 am »

Update on my mist that rots everything: I sent out a soldier into a cloud so my surgeons could get some practice. Just as planned, the poor rotting wretch immediately runs to the infirmary. He is diagnosed, cleaned, and hauled over to the surgery table. The doctor approaches, blood coats the wall, and the patient gets up and leaves, all the rot gone. The treatment history only mentions rot having been removed from the upper lip. Hmm.

Further examination of the problem ran into a tiny little snag. Being rather lazy, I simply used a burrow to send everyone out into the next cloud so I could have more test subjects. The problem with that being that I sent out EVERYONE, so everyone went to the hospital, rested, and waited for treatment. With no doctors available to provide food or drink or treatment, well...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2012, 09:04:21 am »

The doctor approaches, blood coats the wall, and the patient gets up and leaves, all the rot gone. The treatment history only mentions rot having been removed from the upper lip. Hmm.
magic snort snort.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2012, 09:08:47 am »

Are they infectious?

As said in the original post, husks and thralls arent contagious, but they usually will have dust coverings, and those are infectous.

I was in fact asking if these particular thralls had said dust coatings, or if they were produced by gas.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2012, 09:23:49 am »

Are they infectious?

I was in fact asking if these particular thralls had said dust coatings, or if they were produced by gas.

Oh, sorry, i didnt see :P

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2012, 11:14:51 am »

Woo, sigged by salmonpunch!

Edit: Hah, woo cross-thread pollination!
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Aik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2012, 09:26:03 am »

I have something similar to a husk - a 'creeping gloom zombie', created by walking into a cloud of creeping gloom (in an otherwise non-zombieing map). They're ridiculously, insanely tough. Two of my dwarves were zombied and slaughtered about 50 others before I walled them off.

Here's where things get kind of interesting. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain that the bastards are healing. One of them was nearly dead (I presume - dark red and dark yellow on all parts of the body - yet still moving and still killing). Now, however, there's much less red. The detailed description shows a great deal of old scars which I doubt were there before.

They also don't behave quite as I'd normally think zombies would - for a long time it ran away from my military instead of fighting. Only when it got into the fortress did the indiscriminate slaughter of everything commence.

So, can anyone with dwarf husks/other weather-induced undead confirm the healing?

Edit: Also, it seems they're still able to move despite missing most of their body including legs. wat.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:31:55 am by Aik »

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2012, 09:30:13 am »

I have something similar to a husk - a 'creeping gloom zombie', created by walking into a cloud of creeping gloom (in an otherwise non-zombieing map). They're ridiculously, insanely tough. Two of my dwarves were zombied and slaughtered about 50 others before I walled them off.

Here's where things get kind of interesting. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly certain that the bastards are healing. One of them was nearly dead (I presume - dark red and dark yellow on all parts of the body - yet still moving and still killing). Now, however, there's much less red. The detailed description shows a great deal of old scars which I doubt were there before.

They also don't behave quite as I'd normally think zombies would - for a long time it ran away from my military instead of fighting. Only when it got into the fortress did the indiscriminate slaughter of everything commence.

So, can anyone with dwarf husks/other weather-induced undead confirm the healing?

That is fascinating! I'll see if the mists on my map do anything similar by chucking a turkey out of the bridge-a-pult airlock.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2012, 04:58:01 pm »

Err sorry about the complete link FAIL there.  And that I only noticed it now.  :-\

Lancehour save - confirmed thrall-creating soot blows in from the north.

Corrected it in the original comment as well.  Looks like I just hit the "hyperlink" button then forgot to actually paste the link in >.>
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11