Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 454357 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: All I want for Christmas...
« Reply #405 on: March 01, 2019, 04:31:38 pm »

Give Pathos a hand with the mechanical end of his tinkering if necessary.

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Bad Dog.
« Reply #406 on: March 01, 2019, 05:44:30 pm »

((Hello everyone, I've been lurking this forum for around five years and I finally decided to join a glorious piecewise game.))
[spoiler=Bob]

((Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy the madness, obligatory Losing is fun))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 02, 2019, 07:54:20 am »

((Hello everyone, I've been lurking this forum for around five years and I finally decided to join a glorious piecewise game.))
Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Welcome to sanitation. You have chosen wisely.
In terms of career choice. In terms of "joining a PW game," well, no one really chooses to suffer like this, do we?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 02, 2019, 12:31:58 pm »

Welcome to sanitation. You have chosen wisely.
In terms of career choice. In terms of "joining a PW game," well, no one really chooses to suffer like this, do we?
What about the masochists? Or do we not talk about them.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • got it all worked out, don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 02, 2019, 01:04:48 pm »

Kill me more, PW daddy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #410 on: March 02, 2019, 01:54:51 pm »

Team Some guys doing stuff.
Pick the right most door, it must be the right way, open it and look inside, let the other guy enter first though
Murphy wanders through the right door, which happens to be the airlock leading into the room with the recent combat and current medical drama.

"Hey! Can one of you hardware people help me rig this FoF marker to my computing cube? I could use it to transmit the signal through your communicators, thus increasing the number of people that can use it at the same time."

With the help of someone who can handle the mechanical side (if I can't just roll tech for it), try to connect the FoF marker to my computing cube and set the signal to transmit through my communicator, thus turning our communicators into extra FoF markers.

Also, if I see Steve trying to drag Clem to the infirmary, suggest they don't do that or at least pass through the decontamination machine before doing so. I've seen enough monster movies to know you can't trust someone after they've been bitten. Or torn in half, I suppose.

[5]
Pathos quickly copies the program from the FoF marker and sets it up to run on a communicator. Once that's done he copies it and sends it out to everyone who has a communicator on the team. Hopefully just running the program will be good enough and there's no special hardware required for the indicators to function right.

(Meant to follow those blokes last turn, but oh well)
Follow the other guys through the airlock.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lance passes through the airlock and joins up with the group in the entry area to labs 1 and 2.  He does a few tactical rolls and poses, just to keep morale up.

Jack wanders into the room, apparently confused. Or drunk? Hard to say.
"Well, time to see what's going on."

Ready my rifle and follow the guy who just went through the right most door.

Spoiler:  Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)
Jack also goes through the airlock and into the lab 1 and 2 antechamber. 

Regain composure.

Follow the swarm of mooks back through the airlocks, and film the resulting battle/massacre while occasionally taking occasional potshots with my pistol.

Ed also, also  goes through the airlock, but unlike everyone else who basically just stops there, he goes one step further. He runs around the room, "documenting" everything with his camera. Particularly Clem and Clem's medical mishaps.

"This guy didn't have a conventional taste in music, that's for sure."

Just lean on my mop and inspect the metal balls with LED's I picked up, can I figure out what they're used for/what they do?

After that just shuffle the music player to a random song and observe what Pathos and the rest are doing. A good Janitor should let others make the first move.

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)
Pathos helpfully tells Edd what the FoF markers are.  Edd shrugs and shuffles to a new song

Go scramble over to that guy who found FoF identifiers, and cover him.  He seems valuable, and might share.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
Rezel sidles over to Pathos and starts nodding and giving ingratiating comments about Pathos' actions in the not so secret hope that it might increase his chances of survival. He also keeps very unsubtly hinting that he'd sure like an FoF transmitter. Always wanted one of those you know. Yep. Sure would like that.

Don't worry, everyone makes these kind of mistakes occasionally~

Bob wanders into the room with two doorways and looks around. Hmm cliques of nerds, lots of corpses, high tech machinery. Just like black mesa.

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Um, go acquire FoF marker so I don't get killed, I guess.
This point is still obscure, dear readers. I, as humble narrator, cannot say if  Harry got the FoF transmitter from Pathos.  We shall have to wait on Pathos, and see what transpires.

Give Pathos a hand with the mechanical end of his tinkering if necessary.

Roald stands around, looking over Pathos' shoulder and making sure the latter doesn't bash open another FoF transmitter like an ape trying to crack open a coconut, with just about the same noises and smell.

Team Medical Drama with a side of fucking around

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

Start moving Clem out of the labs and into the infirmary, so maybe his life can be completely saved.
"You are not allowed to die, Clem."

If Clem won't bleed out, carry him through decontamination and hopefully safety. Otherwise keep doctoring!

Spoiler: Qualt (click to show/hide)
Can I use my sticky goop on Clem to keep him from bleeding out at least? If yes, apply sufficient goop to prevent him from bleeding all over the goddamn carpet.

(Note: if applying the goop rolls Med instead of Gun or nothing, then either give goop gun to medic for use or just don't bother, don't wanna stick it into his lungs and pump 'em full or something).

If no patient gooping, instead go with the security team that is following the creature. Can I use my scanner to detect where it is going somehow?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[9][7]
Using some helpfully provided globs of goo and some additional first aid, Qualt and Steve get Clem set for evac. They're reasonably sure Clem won't kick the bucket in the next few minutes at least and, using a stretcher made from the clothing of corpses, start moving it out. After heading through the airlock they bring Clem over to the decontamination machine on Pathos' insistence and carefully lay Clem down in such a way that it won't get further maimed when the machine closes. A few moments of scanning later the machine suddenly blares out an alarm. Through the clear walls of the enclosure  everyone can't do much more than watch as a dozen robotic limbs unfurl from the ceiling and begin surgically slicing off bits and pieces of Clem's flesh around the injury, ruining a lot of the stabilization efforts. When it finally spits Clem back out it looks like someone has gone at the wound with a melon baller and Clem is oozing blood from dozens of new wounds.

Qualt rolled maximum on his med roll. when I rolled maximum on my 'find a trolley' roll, I got locked in a closet.
Also, what happened to my bolded action last round? If I weren't getting to at least attempt it, why cycle me through with the others?

Also: Gatehr as much corpse as I can carry and follow the guy chasing the dog. Throw corpse bits to any biological monstrosities we encounter that aren't already part of the team.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
1. Wait for it. Not all bad rolls have immediate consequences.
2. Because your action stated to go and incinerate him, but the turn ended basically as soon as you got into the room. The airlock cycle and the combat time were working against your homicidal intent.

You gather up some easily carried body parts and then run off with....

Team Bug Hunt

Spoiler: Jengo! (click to show/hide)

Drat! Missed all the fun. Well, most of the corpses are obliterated, so not much looting to be done, and I'm no medicine man, so I guess the best thing to do is secure the area with my Gun and wait for the others to catch up. If someone BRAVELY decides to venture forth/pursue the beast, help them out!
Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

"COME BACK HERE, YOU DUMB BITCH CAT!"

Chase after the Bio-Organic killing machine, shooting anything in my way.
Go after the monster and shoot it in the face.
Chase after the mutant dog
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
Pair up with someone and head after the creature.  Leave someone else facing the other doorway, in case the creature is doubling back around to flank us.  Shoot if it comes in range.

Jengo, Kerberos, Benny, Heather, Spuds and Jon all chase after the beast, heading through the automatic door and into the next room. The next room is complex in its shape, a sort of two level central room with branching sections and doorways. On the lower level here there is a door immediately to the right marked as "SUPPLIES",  and then two normal interior doors, the likes of which you'd expect to see leading into any normal office. To the left is a stairway up to the second level and a huge clear tank in which a human is suspended in a greenish goo. Hard to say if they're alive, but they appear to have had large amounts of their body replaced by mechanical replicas.  The second floor has a similar tank, though this one is empty, and three doorways. Two, the north most and the one to the west, are open entry ways with no door: signs mark them as "lab 1" and "Break". The entryway to the south does have an airlock door and is marked as "lab 2".

There are blood and bodies here but far fewer. Judging by the patterns, it seems like these people were running out from here and encountered that dog thing as they made into the other room. The stragglers were the ones who were killed here, while the others died out there.  There are bloody and inhuman footprints scattered all around, like the creature had paced around this room before, and no immediate sign of the beast, but there is noise coming from Lab 1. Sound of things breaking. 

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #411 on: March 02, 2019, 02:17:12 pm »

((I actually never got a FoF marker, so I assume I must have snatched one from someone else due to my overshoot.

EDIT: Me and Pancaek resolved it on discord, he gave me one of his.))

Great work me! Make sure there's no other warnings in the decontamination machine to make sure Clem has no other signs of contamination the machine can detect.

Then go join the team at the vats and inspect them. Anything valuable in or around them that could "go missing"? I bet that fella with the prosthetics would pay good money for something more high grade.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 04:03:00 pm by Parisbre56 »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 02, 2019, 02:23:32 pm »

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

"Come back here FUCKER! There's no where for you to hide, Shitcat! I'll chase you to the ends of this station!"

Pay no attention to the grisly display before me and rush into Lab 1, shooting and screaming wildly as I do so.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 02:36:07 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 02, 2019, 03:15:37 pm »

Kill me more, PW daddy.
Well, you heard him PW.

anyways. Go see about being useless useful, like shout out encouraging statements and managorial advice in business jargon to help coordinate medical efforts.

GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #414 on: March 02, 2019, 03:57:50 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

try to heal Clem or at least prevent him from dying.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 02, 2019, 04:53:17 pm »

Spoiler: Jengo! (click to show/hide)

"What he said!"

Follow Kerberos, for I admire his courage. Stay a distance apart so the bugman can't simultaneously bite us up and pincer other comrades easily. Find that bug and shoot at it! Blam blam blam! If I have time (on the way in) look for heavier weapons that can have an easier time breaching its hide.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 02, 2019, 05:27:19 pm »

Same action again really: use my sticky goop on Clem to keep him from bleeding out.

(Note: if applying the goop rolls Med instead of Gun or nothing, then either give goop gun to medic for use or just don't bother, don't wanna stick it into his lungs and pump 'em full or something).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 02, 2019, 08:24:49 pm »

”Hey, I like your style! It’s not too late to die young!”
Run straight through to Lab 1, advancing just behind Kerberos.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Good Dog.
« Reply #418 on: March 03, 2019, 08:25:02 am »

"Those guys got spunk. I like them. Too bad they are shooting though. I bet it would be friendly if we just kept feeding it bits. Well, not friendly, exactly, heh heh heh. But containable, maybe."

Use corpse blood to write "Hi Edd !!" on the tube that has the cyborg in it. Then, arrange most of the corpse bits on the floor to spell "Jon Wuz Heer" (alternatively, "Francis"). Then, check the supply room for lootables. No incinerating for now, as those corpse bits might still be useful as dogmonster treats.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 08:53:58 am by Ozarck »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 03, 2019, 09:40:21 am »

"Ah, what the hell. Might as well do my job."

Follow Kerberos into Lab 1, though taking a more professional approach by keeping my rifle raised and ready to fire if I encounter something hostile.

Spoiler:  Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 09:58:17 am by Tavik Toth »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 334