Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12352 12353 [12354] 12355 12356 ... 13314

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14921828 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: [?!?!] What the fuck is tail time (Happy thread)
« Reply #185295 on: May 03, 2018, 04:02:41 pm »

I asked for three days of vacation to go to my sister's graduation from nursing school/college and I was told that since I'm taking a day of vacation pay, I get FIVE days off instead to avoid screwing up their numbers.

Hell yes.  8)
Enjoy!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #185296 on: May 03, 2018, 06:22:00 pm »

Damn Scum Egg
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #185297 on: May 03, 2018, 07:57:08 pm »

I have found out that Northernlion is at his absolute best when he's playing serious, story-driven games.

He's been playing Beyond: Two Souls and it's just fucking great watching him tear the game to shreds. It's weird how I used to love that game (Or, rather, watching playthroughs of the game since I never owned it)

Yeah, when he's playing roguelikes sometimes you feel he's just sort of not paying attention, but with stuff like Beyond: Two Souls or Heavy Rain suddenly he's this insanely witty quipster. It's bizarre.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #185298 on: May 03, 2018, 08:27:17 pm »

So I was wondering; does anybody have a good link to a morning mediation routine?  Or howdo:Yoga or something?

I want to start doing more than just some breathing exercises while laying down in the morning, but I'd be lying if I said I knew or had the confidence to try to make it up.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #185299 on: May 04, 2018, 11:18:12 am »

morning mediation routine?
Not sure what you mean by "routine". Back when I was messing around with meditation I'd just set a timer, put on some music or background noise, sit up in a crosslegged position, and do the whole "breathe in, empty my mind" thing.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185300 on: May 05, 2018, 05:33:51 pm »

This thread has seemed a bit inactive recently.
That made me sad today, but it seemed more appropriate to post it here. Come on, guys, don't tell me there's only sad things to remark on right now?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #185301 on: May 05, 2018, 06:07:42 pm »

Weather's been good today. Dog tried to eat bees. Learned the reason why dogs shouldn't try to eat bees. Forgot lesson on why dogs shouldn't tried to eat bees. Relearned the lesson.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #185302 on: May 05, 2018, 07:45:28 pm »

I'm designing another walker for Zoo Tycoon when I'm not doing my RTD or other stuff. I made a lot of progress yesterday and got to see the guns go off ingame for the first time. I'm guessing I should be able to send it to the appropriate fansite soon and also make one more walker before the fansite's anniversary.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185303 on: May 06, 2018, 03:28:16 am »

Recently encountered Mandarin Ducks in the wild, they are pretty ducks. That and got to see wild cormorants and grey herons too. And little sheepies.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #185304 on: May 06, 2018, 05:51:05 am »

So I was wondering; does anybody have a good link to a morning mediation routine?  Or howdo:Yoga or something?

I want to start doing more than just some breathing exercises while laying down in the morning, but I'd be lying if I said I knew or had the confidence to try to make it up.

Here's what I was taught about meditation.  This is from a course I took 13 years ago, so feel free to think I'm a hack and ignore me.  But my teacher had some serious credentials, and I really liked him.

It's not really so much about "emptying" your mind.

It's more about bringing your conscious mind as much into focus with the present moment as possible, and in the process, you are able to separate yourself from the chaotic background noise of your thoughts.

It's important to get into a comfortable position and relax your muscles.  I don't remember the routine for achieving this very well.  Just that it was a process - just imagining relaxation passing through you in waves, progressing a little further every time.

The part I remember best that most people never talk about when it comes to meditation is focus on the senses.  Once you're relaxed, pick a sense, whether it's your hearing or your sense of touch for a specific part of your body or whatever, and focus on it 100%.  Just try to wrap your mind around every single detail of information that sense is bringing in.  Once you've achieved a consistent presence with that sense, try to bring in another one the same way and achieve full simultaneous awareness of every sensory detail of both at the same time.  And just keep going like that.

The desired end result is that your conscious mind is completely focused on the present moment.  This is zen.

And you don't stop thinking when you achieve this.  Your mind doesn't empty.  That's impossible.  Instead, the way of describing it that really stuck with me is that your thoughts become more like clouds quietly passing by in the distance.  They will still be chaotically divided between past, future, and fantasy, but you achieve stability and separation from all that through grounding in your sensory data of the present moment.  Then by separating your active consciousness from the chaos that it's normally absorbed in, you can achieve greater awareness and control over the many facets of your mind, especially your ego.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185306 on: May 06, 2018, 12:53:31 pm »

I just completed my 21st trip round the sun as a human being. Hooray.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185307 on: May 06, 2018, 02:54:10 pm »

Weather's been good today. Dog tried to eat bees. Learned the reason why dogs shouldn't try to eat bees. Forgot lesson on why dogs shouldn't tried to eat bees. Relearned the lesson.
It should be glad it weren't porcupines.

Also, grats Egan
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185308 on: May 06, 2018, 02:55:31 pm »

Even better, porcubees.

Happy birthday Egan.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #185309 on: May 06, 2018, 03:06:12 pm »

I just completed my 21st trip round the sun as a human being. Hooray.
The cake. Consume it's body in sacrifice to this occasion.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 12352 12353 [12354] 12355 12356 ... 13314