Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Hunted (SG)  (Read 6705 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunted (SG)
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2024, 12:37:28 am »

I'm always in favor of d(r)agon cults.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2024, 02:14:47 am »

Cults are always fun let's go for it!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2024, 09:58:33 pm »

Should we go hunting for some grub and adaptations? Since we are a Lovecraftian horror, I was thinking we could also try something like starting a cult, which would hopefully give us more allies.
Cults are always fun let's go for it!
Cults are fun.
------------------

As you sit and look at the night sky the idea comes to you, your not like others, your a demon prince , elder spawn of the stars  and some one these people should help anyway.
You tell Violet to set the ground work for a dragon cult, she's to find you the gullible, the feeble minded and more money then brains, any one that cane support you.

You plan a step a head, you'll need a meeting venue but that's a tomorrow Simba problem.
For today you want to hunt. 

You head don to the streets and the darkness, in moments you have a sent, your prey is a stumbling woman, she smells rank but attack her regardless, biting an clawing, soon she fall and your able to consume great lumps of her body.

As day dawns you return to Violet, she smiles at you, happy to boost that you have gain 4 followers, " weak willed, it was easy to mould there minds like clay" she says .

With the start of your cult, the need for a meeting venue  is pressing now, others can't take your wisdom on a roof top, even if you tell them your a fallen star god an big J third brother.

Cult meeting place

1: Back in the sewers, its free an safe.
2: Abandoned building,  its free an people can find it.
3: Rented community centrer, $100  per week.
4: Other?

As you think o your xccult you consider its name, its theme, where your going to get its membership from.

Spoiler: Cult (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Simba, the Lion King (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Violet (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2024, 11:49:45 pm »

I'd like to wait to see what others have to say about the cult, but I wanted to point out that our hunger hasn't changed despite just eating someone. Is that an error?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2024, 01:48:42 am »

I vote our cult venue should be an abandoned building.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2024, 07:35:00 am »

I'd like to wait to see what others have to say about the cult, but I wanted to point out that our hunger hasn't changed despite just eating someone. Is that an error?

No you gain an adaption or a full belly.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2024, 07:37:11 am »

Okay, that makes sense.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2024, 05:46:51 am »

+1

Well, here's my thoughts on what we need to decide on for the cult, but I'm open to other suggestions:

Cult name: Shadows of the Elder Wyrm.
Cult theme: Gloom and night. Light is temporary, but darkness is eternal.
Cult membership: Not sure about this, but maybe try starting with the young and impressionable, perhaps students at local colleges and universities.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2024, 01:29:10 am »

Well, here's my thoughts on what we need to decide on for the cult, but I'm open to other suggestions:

Cult membership: Not sure about this, but maybe try starting with the young and impressionable, perhaps students at local colleges and universities.

+1 I like the sound of all that

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2024, 11:17:23 pm »

+1 I like the sound of all that

You spend much of the night looking and searching for a suitable base, you want somewhere large enough to hold you're follower yet privet and secluded.

You manage to find an abandoned warehouse, looking around you find that the floor boards on the upper floor are rotten thru and there no power supply.
But with some elbow greece you manage to get a rusted tap working.

You can feel Violet approaching, like a pulse inside mind before you hear her foots steps, and the sound of her boot heels echo's in the warehouse.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"oh this place is nice, look it has some windows, the roof didn't have any.."
"Yes well i guess where moveing up in the world.
Violet while i get this place set up to be more suitable for the Shadows of the Elder Wyrm, can you go to the local colleges and see if you can talk some of the students in to joining us."

She nods and leaves you to focus on the decorations.
Well by decoration you mean some black bin liner bags used as drapes and curtains, and the odd bit make shift candle.
-----------

(recruitment role , 4 +1 for Students weaknesses, roll for number 11)

Elsewhere, on a collage campus Violet has managed to attract a crowed, with her eye catching style of dress and her direct approach.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most people are keen to ridicule and write her off as a crazy, but she does meet with some success.
Be they interested, desperate, impressionable or just bored enough to come see what she's on about, Twelve follow her back to the warehouse.
-----------

As night fall you make your appearance to the new cultists.

"Hail him! Hail Simba high lord of the Elder Wyrm!" Violet calls out as you step thru the bin bag curtains.

There's gasps and falling jaws as the gaze on you.
After a moment of stunned silence you hear then start to repeat the chanted hail.

But then one of them snaps, "A monster! its some weird nuclear mutant! Im out here!" the man shouts as he starts to run.
"Sit down! " Violets eyes glow as she shouts at him.
The man's neck twitches as he crosses the room, by the time he reach's the doorway, his nose is flowing with blood.
Some where on the stairs up from the basement his mind ruptures and his body falls dead with blood shoot eyes staring blankly for ever more.

"See! The power of the Elder Wyrm and its eternal darkness." one of the gathered cultist calls out as they kneel before you and Violet.

Spoiler:  Simba, the Lion King (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Violet (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2024, 12:50:39 am »

"Be not afraid, for inducted as you are into the ecstasies of night, none of you, my chosen, need suffer the fate of this unbeliever. Witness now as his flesh is cast into the deepest of darknesses."

Consume the corpse for sustenance.

"Bring me those that shun the light, that they may join us in solemn reverence. Bring me nourishment that sustains, even as I nourish your spirits with manna of night. Remember that great treasure awaits those who explore the depths of the darkness, those that follow faithfully. Bring me your unneeded trappings of wealth. Go now, sheltered in my cloak of night, and know that you leave reborn anew as shadows æternal."

Command the cult to recruit others, provide us with regular sustenance, and collect funds. Hopefully we'll eventually recruit enough to start acting as a counterweight to the organization hunting us.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 01:41:19 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2024, 03:01:42 am »

"Be not afraid, for inducted as you are into the ecstasies of night, none of you, my chosen, need suffer the fate of this unbeliever. Witness now as his flesh is cast into the deepest of darknesses."

Consume the corpse for sustenance.

"Bring me those that shun the light, that they may join us in solemn reverence. Bring me nourishment that sustains, even as I nourish your spirits with manna of night. Remember that great treasure awaits those who explore the depths of the darkness, those that follow faithfully. Bring me your unneeded trappings of wealth. Go now, sheltered in my cloak of night, and know that you leave reborn anew as shadows æternal."

Command the cult to recruit others, provide us with regular sustenance, and collect funds. Hopefully we'll eventually recruit enough to start acting as a counterweight to the organization hunting us.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]