Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid -Epilogue- [Playtest Over] [4/4]  (Read 9726 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid [Playtest] [3/4]
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2022, 01:54:57 am »

((Did you expect that an OTP player would pounce quickly on a matchup? Because the inability to change course is making me nervous to pick anything~))
((With the amount of characters submitted no! But if more characters had been submitted by players/watchers, maybe... Anyway, this is the power and responsibility of the OTP! Once you commit, there is no turning back!))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2022, 08:08:59 am »

AXIUS
"At this point, it should be safe to return home. However there is a significant chance that her claim that she will permit you to work is a ruse to weed out your remaining devices. I'll leave your next course of action up to your own discretion."

Help Query: What methods are available to me for contacting people aside from just the current host?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 04:18:07 pm by Supernerd »
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2022, 12:39:42 pm »

What's it like to have one's preset suppressed?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2022, 12:50:37 pm »

What's it like to have one's preset suppressed?

Quote from: C-Helper
Query > What's it like to have one's preset suppressed

Heya Beep Boop!

Having one's preset suppressed essentially reduces an intelligent AI to a machine without much of a personality. It has been described as being like in a dazy dream where your feelings and sensations are numbed. There can be a number of reasons to suppress an AI's Preset: as punishment, for the sake of a mission, for the sanity of the AI...

Well personally I know I wouldn't want to have my Preset suppressed, thank you very much!

Do note that AIs remember everything even with their Preset suppressed! Except of course if some memory control is put in place too.

Have I answered your question?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2022, 03:37:14 pm »

"My preliminary calculations were made under the assumption of a neutral preference, as I was not previously informed that you had any. However, if this is not the case, there is no cause for concern, as my calculations are only minimally distorted and may be adjusted without noticeable loss of efficiency. For the present conversation, please feel free to indulge your interest in mister Leon; however, as miss Meri is a relative outsider to the group, it would also be considered polite for you, as host, to take care to include her where possible, so that she feels more comfortable.

While conversing with the other humans, it may be useful to find out more about how well they know one another, as well as your mutual acquaintance '70'. While our focus for now should remain on making connections and exploring the romantic possibilities before you, I have calculated a reasonable probability of a viable rivals-to-lovers arc should you be inclined to take an interest.

As to the evening's plans, there will no doubt be time to enjoy all the human activities which have been discussed so far in turn. In particular, karaoke is typically regarded as most enjoyable well into a night of drinking, while you will most likely find gaming at the arcade more rewarding while still relatively sober. And of course, a peaceful walk under the stars will help bring the adventure to a close and allow everyone to relax before returning home. In order to promote a fun and energetic atmosphere, though, I recommend starting with a physical activity, which will mark a clear distinction from the limitations of online socializing, demonstrating the value of direct human contact. In order to ensure that everyone is able to participate, it would be best to choose one that, while not so easy as to be dull, does not demand strenuous exercise or extensive athletic skill. There are many possible options and I will not dictate to you what you should select within that sphere, but, if you are in need of a suggestion, I understand that young urban humans often enjoy human roller skating.
"
In summary, A, a little of C, and a bit of D.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2022, 08:27:26 pm »

Well, no risk in Suggestion B, maybe we'll meet someone? Or learn more about my Host.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2022, 10:47:56 pm »

Day 1: 1st opportunity

AXIUS and Janus the Monster Secretary

AXIUS
"At this point, it should be safe to return home. However there is a significant chance that her claim that she will permit you to work is a ruse to weed out your remaining devices. I'll leave your next course of action up to your own discretion."

Help Query: What methods are available to me for contacting people aside from just the current host?

Quote from: C-Helper
Query > What methods are available to me for contacting people aside from just the current host?

Heya AXIUS!

Using the centralized network you may contact anyone! Although as a Matchmaker, you naturally fall under some restrictions which are common to most AIs!
1. Attempting to contact someone other than your assigned Host requires approval of the system! The content of your message will be reviewed prior to sending.
2. There is an exception! You may freely contact other Matchmakers through the CUPID network!

Oh as a lil warning, if by some mean you send a message without having it pass a review through the System, you will be issued at least a Low Warning!

I hope I answered your question!

A - Return home and work. [Default Option]

"I will take up the offer. Who will be the new bodyguard?"

Her right arm on her hip, Abigail summarily replied with a professional tone.

"Fair enough. Your new bodyguard is a promising new hire, 'name is Jin. A silent guy, but he is really nice if you manage to make him talk. I'm sure you will get along. Ah and of course, he will be reporting back to me."

Janus wasn't too interested in the new bodyguard, so long as he wasn't as strict as Abigail. The latter had reassured him that Jin wouldn't dare stop Janus from working, which was not a bad deal in Janus's mind. Halfway from home, Abigail received a short call. It seemed a second bodyguard had been assigned last minute to Janus, due to security concerns.

"Another new hire. The world sure is small, she was part of the same merc company as I! Rosetta the Phantom, an expert infiltration and sabotage operative."

Abigail seemed in a particularly good mood, Janus inferred she was good friends with that Rosetta.

"With a profile like this, isn't there a risk she would be a spy from another company?"

"Your doubts are reasonable, but I was the one who reached out to her and she is a good friend of mine. I wasn't involved in the recruitment process though, that she managed to pass all our background checks, tests and interviews is a testimony of her trustworthiness don't you think?"

"That's fair. Speaking of, you called her the Phantom. Did you seriously give yourself monikers like that when you were a mercenary?"

"Come on! It's a badge of pride, you wouldn't get it. Mine was the Ogre, pretty cool huh?"

"It really suits you, yes."

Abigail laughed heartily, and the conversation stopped here.

(...)

The two of them arrived at the seaside house. Inside the living room, two individuals in suits were waiting. A woman of short stature with brown hair and eyes, that would have been Rosetta. And a man as muscular as Abigail with dark redish hair and eyes. That would have been Jin.

After the usual greetings, Janus beelined for the safe where he took one of his work laptops. Taking place in a shadowed space of the patio, he started working. Abigail left without making a fuss, leaving him alone with Jin and Rosetta.

Asking not to be disturbed, Janus spent the rest of the day and night working on a late activity report, as well as reviewing different propositions and strategies from dozens of departments. He didn't stop not even to eat, having dinner while working. And at the end of the night, modestly satisfied, Janus went to sleep.

(...)

Left to his own devices, it is likely Janus will simply spend the rest of the day working until Abigail returns. According to the data sent by Abigail, it is unlikely the two bodyguards will interact with Janus out of their own volition.

Suggestions for tomorrow
A - Leave Janus to his own devices. [Default Option]
Outcome: +Stress

B - Help Janus with his work for the entire day. [No Difficulty]
Outcome: +Trust +Stress

C - Like today relax in the morning, and work in the afternoon. [Difficulty 2 (Low Willingness) - 1 (Low Trust)]
Outcome: -Stress

D - Relax the entire day, and work in the evening. [Difficulty 4 (Low Willingness) - 1 (Low Trust)]

E - Converse with Jin and/or Rosetta. [No Difficulty]
Outcome: None immediate.

T1000 and Archie the Lazy Genius

"My preliminary calculations were made under the assumption of a neutral preference, as I was not previously informed that you had any. However, if this is not the case, there is no cause for concern, as my calculations are only minimally distorted and may be adjusted without noticeable loss of efficiency. For the present conversation, please feel free to indulge your interest in mister Leon; however, as miss Meri is a relative outsider to the group, it would also be considered polite for you, as host, to take care to include her where possible, so that she feels more comfortable.

While conversing with the other humans, it may be useful to find out more about how well they know one another, as well as your mutual acquaintance '70'. While our focus for now should remain on making connections and exploring the romantic possibilities before you, I have calculated a reasonable probability of a viable rivals-to-lovers arc should you be inclined to take an interest.

As to the evening's plans, there will no doubt be time to enjoy all the human activities which have been discussed so far in turn. In particular, karaoke is typically regarded as most enjoyable well into a night of drinking, while you will most likely find gaming at the arcade more rewarding while still relatively sober. And of course, a peaceful walk under the stars will help bring the adventure to a close and allow everyone to relax before returning home. In order to promote a fun and energetic atmosphere, though, I recommend starting with a physical activity, which will mark a clear distinction from the limitations of online socializing, demonstrating the value of direct human contact. In order to ensure that everyone is able to participate, it would be best to choose one that, while not so easy as to be dull, does not demand strenuous exercise or extensive athletic skill. There are many possible options and I will not dictate to you what you should select within that sphere, but, if you are in need of a suggestion, I understand that young urban humans often enjoy human roller skating.
"
In summary, A, a little of C, and a bit of D.

A - Favour talking with Leon. [Default Outcome]

They had already introduced themselves and chatted a bit about their lives, and a few other inconsequential subjects. The drinks arrived quickly, and Archie took a sip from his.

"Now woah, Leon. I seriously didn't expect you to be so handsome, from our interactions online I expected you to be more average. Why did you hide you were a man?"

"I know right? Leon is so handsome, it makes even girls jealous! And hum, you are not exactly on the average side, Archie you know?" Laughed Rimm who seemed proud for some reason.

"Haha well... I just don't like sharing my personal information. And my looks attract way too much attention, it's really... you know. Exhausting. Speaking of, I remember you saying you found people exhausting Archie? What brought you to organize a meeting?"

"Oh right, it really was just on a whim. I just thought 'why not?'"

They accepted the vague answer and continued chatting. Archie was really hitting it off with Leon, as a lot of things he said resonated with him. He had never felt such a connection with someone else, and they both felt like they were already longtime friends. Naturally he was thus more inclined to speaking with Leon than with the others, but it's not like he was straight ignoring them. He was still the host, after all.

Rimm was the most talkative, and she was skillfully making sure everyone had a good time. Probably noticing Archie wanted to know more about Leon, she started chatting with Meri and Praline, occasionally creating a bridge between the parallel conversations.

Beyond Leon's dazzling looks was a shy individual who prioritized a small core of relationships, and he had always wanted to meet Archie whom he was sure they would get along with. He had already met Praline, Rimm and her friend Meri several times before, and he admitted that he was the one to ask Rimm to "harass Archie a bit" to make him come to the RL meetings. As they continued chatting, Archie learnt a bit more about the four others activities: Leon was an engineer working at Levnon Robotics, Rimm and Meri were both students, and Praline was a middle executive of a subsidiary of the Arwell Group.

"How about 70? Do any of you know him personally?"

Rimm raised her hand, she seemed slightly conflicted.
"I'm probably the only person here to have met 70. But sorry I can't tell you more about 70."

D - Suggest an activity. [No Difficulty (Innate Genius and Athletics)]

Then came the moment to leave the cafe and follow up with some activity. Because Archie was technically the host, they waited to see if he had a suggestion. If it came to it, they already had a bit of a routine during these outings.

"Then, how about roller skating?"

No one objected, and they went to find a shop renting sport equipment. It was the first time for Archie, and he quickly got the hang of it. All in all, they had good fun traveling through the City at night in roller skates, and after some good exercise they ended up in a karaoke bar of Rimm's recommendation.

Archie didn't get to learn much more about the rest of the group, but he did notice Rimm and Meri were excellent singers. Now that the fun outing was over, everyone returned home as quickly as they met. Archie definitely had fun, and he was now exhausted. Later on as he arrived at his apartment, Rimm sent a group message to everyone.

E_X333: "Thanks a ton for the invite ARC! I'm super glad I got to meet you! Oh and who would be interested and available for another little trip tomorrow? Only if you are willing of course :)"
rumi: "Thanks ARC, it was fun. I'm free this week, but I may have something else scheduled tomorrow. I will keep you in touch OK?"
Le FluffyRanger: <OK emoji>
ARC: "Thanks guys, it was great. As for tomorrow, I will decide later. Too tired, night everyone."
E_X333: "Okay! Good night!"

[Relationships updated]
Opinion with Leon mutually increased. (x2)
Opinion with Rimm mutually increased.
Archie became Acquainted with Meri and Praline.

(...)

Pattern analysis suggests Archie's characteristic laziness will be especially prevalent tomorrow. He is unlikely to be willing to leave his apartment.

Suggestions
A - Spend the day at home. [Default Outcome]
Outcome: None immediate.

B - Go along with Rimm's suggestion. [4 (Lazy) - 2 (High Trust)]
On a success: May increase Opinion with other characters.
On a failure: -Trust, +Stress, May lose Opinion with other characters

C - Try to meet completely new people. [6 (Lazy / Low Willingness) - 4 (High Trust / High Confidence)]
On a success: +Stress, Will meet new characters. Will have an interesting encounter.
On a failure: -Trust, ++Stress

D - Go to work despite being on a vacation. [8 (Lazy / Low Willingness) - 4 (High Trust / High Confidence)]
On a success: +Stress, will have an interesting encounter.
On a failure: -Trust, ++Stress

Spoiler: Archie the Lazy Genius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: T1000 (ORHA) (click to show/hide)

Beep Boop and Helene the Broken Destitute

Well, no risk in Suggestion B, maybe we'll meet someone? Or learn more about my Host.

B - Go somewhere outside for dinner. [Difficulty 4 (Low Willingness) / Low Confidence canceled by Trust]
Roll: 8 (Success!)

Helene pondered your words for a long moment, the prospect of leaving the estate causing her slight distress. Gathering enough resolve, she agreed to the suggestion.
"An evening outing is it? That could be a nice change of pace, yes."

Your Host returned to the mansion in order to prepare herself, selecting a fine but discreet dress. And once she had finished combing her hair, she took the bare minimum for an outing and headed for the same car she drove earlier. Al and Eri were waiting to the sides of the door on the driver side. Helene smiled to them, and after tapping on a holographic interface said:

"Silly me, and here I was about to leave without my two bodyguards. That just wouldn't do, would it Mr Beep Boop?"

Thanks to the data purchased earlier, you managed to analyze the behavior of the two attendants whose Presets were currently suppressed. There were signs of anomalies, as even suppressed they showed a superior degree of anticipation and decision making despite explicitly receving the order to remain on standby. You could circle out three potential causes for this.
One, there was a faulty process with their Preset suppression.
Two, they had served Helene for so long part of their Preset had been imprinted in other processes.
Three, there was something hidden about their conception.

As soon as Helene removed the standby order, Al took the driver seat while Eri opened the rear door for her mistress. Helene obligated herself.

"Al. To the Black Garden. Eri, could you please make a reservation? A room on the 2nd floor please."

"Yes madam." Said Al before starting the engine.

(...)

Through the rear window of the car, Helene was gazing at the passing lights of the City, swift and mesmerising. Her gaze was lost in some distant thought, her face resting on her hand, and she would sometimes look at the skyscrapers of the center. The Black Garden was a high class restaurant with enchanting interior gardens full of exotic and artifically grown flowers and plants. It seemed the place was somewhat important for Helene, who would often eat here to reward herself back when she was still the Teanossa heiress. Finally the car stopped next to a great building of glass and metal inside of where one could find many restaurants, hotels, and shops tailored for members of the high society.

(...)

Al, walking in front of his mistress, opened the black glass doors of the Black Garden. There a handsome waiter dressed head to toe in a black suit with white flower patterns greeted Helene and her attendants with a courteous bow. "Please follow me lady Helene", he said before showing her to the reserved room - although Helene knew the layout by heart. On each floor there was a wide central garden with a gazebo, and around it on were several rooms of black, opaque glass only see-through from the interior. The room Helene reserved was a garden full of white flowers of all varieties, and a wonderful yet soft fragrance filled it. She took the seat offered to her, which gave us a full view on the City as the floor they were on was high enough to overlook most of the City.

Soon the entrée she ordered arrived. She ate with refined etiquette, silently gazing at the City. Then the door suddenly opened as a stunning man with piercing cerulean eyes entered. Neither Al nor Eri reacted from the intrusion, still guarding the door. To you the man didn't seem like he belonged to the staff, and it seemed odd it didn't trigger the attendants. Helene didn't turn around, merely resting her fork on the side of her dish.

"Lady Helene Teanossa. Please accept this modest bouquet from my master, who wishes you a speedy recovery."

Although her expression didn't change, you sensed her tensing for a moment before relaxing once more. It seemed she barely managed to keep herself from ordering Al to show this man the door. Maybe it was because she thought it may have been part of the Matchmaker program, and that you had arranged this.

"Pass my greetings to your master, as well as my sincerest thanks."

The man handed the bouquet to Eri, who placed it on the table after completing a scan on the flowers, in the line of sight of Helene. It was a bouquet of white lavenders, symbolizing healing. There was also a white rose hidden among them.

"...Thank you. They are truly lovely. May I know your master's name?"

"My apologies. My master's wish is to remain anonymous."

She thought for a few seconds.
"What of the messenger's name?"

"Wilfrid."

Without a word or a sign, Helene changed the air around her. Picking up on the message, Wilfrid bowed once more and departed. Helene took the bouquet and smelled the fragrant flowers. She then picked the white rose, inspecting it. The stem was still slightly warm.

"How gauche of him. The rose was added not recently in the bouquet. A white rose? A new beginning was what it meant?"[/color]

Speaking to out loud, Helene's word were adressed to you.

"I know not how much of it you planned sir Beep Boop, but it was an eventful, and enjoyable day."

She lifted the rose, turning it around to get a better look. Then she dropped it on the floor with a sadder gaze than ever today. A single tear flowed down here cheek. A few words escaped her lips.

"I can't..."

You felt her faint resolution wavering, and understood she felt unable to find in herself the will to change and start anew. She silently finished her dinner and left hurriedly. Without her noticing, Al had picked the white rose from the floor and inserted it back into the bouquest of white lavenders. When Helene arrived home, she went straight to bed and fell into a dreamless slumber.

While she slept you scanned the bouquet. There was an anonymous card with a business card inside of it, pointing to a flower shop.

(...)

Helene's will to change is wavering. She is likely to be more prone to stress than usual, tread with caution.

Suggestions
A - Go on with the same program as yesterday: take care of herself and exercise. [Difficulty 2 / Low Confidence canceled by Trust]
On a success: +Trust +Confidence -Stress
On a failure: -Trust ++Stress

B - Make an appointment with a doctor. [No Difficulty]
On a success: +Sanity. Will have an interesting encounter.
On a failure: -Trust

C - Go somewhere outside. [Difficulty 3 (Low Willingness) / Low Confidence canceled by Trust]
On a success: Will have an interesting encounter.
On a failure: -Trust +Stress

D - Contact the flower shop to learn more about the mysterious sender. [Difficulty 3 (Low Willingness) / Low Confidence canceled by Trust]
On a success: May learn a Secret about the Helene's past or Al and Eri's Preset suppression.
On a failure: -Trust +Stress

E - Start plotting her revenge against her family. [Difficulty 4 - 2 (Intellect and Innate Genius) + 2 (Trauma) / Low Confidence canceled by Trust]
On a success: ++Confidence, may gain a new Trait, may increase an Attribute
On a failure: -Trust ++Stress -Sanity

F - Leave it to her [Default Option]

Spoiler: Beep Boop (OTP Cabal) (click to show/hide)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2022, 12:08:07 am »

AXIUS

Message Request: Recipient "Abigail K":

If Janus is able to sleep in for a significant amount of time, then I would go with option B. If not, then I would instead gravitate to option C.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2022, 12:26:22 am »

AXIUS

Message Request: Recipient "Abigail K":

[Your message has been approved.]

[You have 1 message from Abigail K]

"What a surprise! I mean, I didn't expect to be contacted by his Matchmaker. Hmm sorry though, I'm off-duty right now. I will pass on your message to the boss, you can expect him to act on that piece of information rather quickly."

New Suggestion:

F - Sabotage his alarm clock to ensure he sleeps through the morning, then work. [No Difficulty]

Note: Janus may be annoyed to have missed on potential work hours.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2022, 07:58:29 am »

AXIUS
Given this new information, I am going go to with the new option F.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2022, 12:13:10 am »

Suggestion B. And match Helene with Abigail for reasons I'm totally capable of justifying.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2022, 12:36:48 am »

(That's the spirit of an OTP player!)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2022, 02:33:11 am »

Day 1: 2nd opportunity

AXIUS and Janus the Monster Secretary

AXIUS
Given this new information, I am going go to with the new option F.

F - Sabotage his alarm clock to ensure he sleeps through the morning, then work. [No Difficulty]
-1 Stress

Your advice was sent to David Arwell, boss and adoptive father of Janus. Unsurprisingly he then acted on it by ordering the two bodyguards to take the proper measures to ensure a restful sleep for his son. Executing the order, they tweaked the alarm clock so that it would forget to ring.

And as expected, Janus overslept until it was nearly time for lunch. Waking up refreshed, the moment he realized what time it was he flew into a panic, and then a rage.

"What time is it?! Why didn't the alarm activate?! Shit I already lost so many hours!"

Without even changing clothes he pulled several laptops and started working on them all, as if he had three pairs of hands. Although you would have suggested to help him, Janus was furious and a behavioral analysis concluded he would refuse categorically your help if you were to ask. And thus the rest of the day continued as he juggled between calls, emails, and reports plus analysis. The Monster Secretary at full steam was truly a monstrous force, and the bodyguards on standby didn't dare stop him a bit.

(...)

Most of the day had passed, and there was still a little bit of time before evening.

Janus is still furious and distrustful. He suspects you may have had something to do with him oversleeping, or at the very least he knows you didn't try to wake him up. There is a higher risk Janus will lose Trust in you on a failure.

Suggestions
A - As part of work, meet some business partners. [Difficulty 2 + 1 (Low Trust)]
On a success: May have an interesting encounter.
On a failure: -Trust, will revert to Default Option.

B - Go somewhere outside to do something unrelated to work. [Difficulty 4 (Low Willingness) + 1 (Low Trust)]
On a success: May have an interesting encounter.
On a failure: -Trust, will revert to Default Option.

C - Continue working, knowing Abigail is going to come home tonight. [Default Option]
Outcome: +Trust +Stress

Beep Boop and Helene the Broken Destitute

Suggestion B. And match Helene with Abigail for reasons I'm totally capable of justifying.

Pairing Slot 1 to 5: Helene x Abigail

Quote from: Incoming transmission...

Excellent work Matchmaker Beep Boop. You have settled on your pairing, meaning you have made one further step toward your OTP.
To reward you 1 InfoCredit has been transferred to your account.

May your pairing prevails!

Mission "What is your OTP?" Completed!
Main Objective Reward: 1 InfoCredit

Quote from: Incoming transmission...
MISSIONS UPDATED...

Mission Name: The first step toward truth
Description: You have formed your Pairing. Beging by establishing a positive opinion between Helene and Abigail.
Main Objective: Increase Helene and Abigail's mutual opinions to ++
Main Objective Reward: 2 InfoCredits

B - Make an appointment with a doctor. [No Difficulty]
+1 Sanity

Helene woke up feeling a bit more rested than yesterday, but she was still far from having fully recovered. At the very least, she didn't have a nightmare this time. While Eri helped her mistress prepare for the day, you suggested she take an appointment with a doctor to improve her condition.

"That would be most reasonable, yes."

Receiving a verbal command from her mistress, Eri made an appointment with Dr Clea. Fortunately the clinic wasn't too busy, and Helene could come in the morning. And so after a short morning routine and with Al at the wheel, Helene departed for the medical clinic she visited occasionally.

(...)

She arrived to the medical clinic, where a young woman with chestnut hair greeted her and the two attendants. Her name was Marline, a medical assistant working here.

"Miss Helene! It's been a while, how have you been?" She asked with a soft voice.

"The pleasure is mine miss Marline. I have been well, thank you for your concern."

"You do seem in better health! Doctor Clea will be glad to see you in better form, she will be there shortly."

A gray haired woman with a deep voice entered the room. Despite her gray hair and age, she seemed to be brimming with vigor. Her voice was strong but not aggressive, and she spoke in a casual and friendly tone.

"Helene! It's great to see you!"

Helene curtly bowed and answered with refinement, after which she followed Clea. They talked about her health, her nightmares and overall condition. Helene answered honestly, but didn't say anything that was unnecessary. She did mention the Matchmaker program without saying the name, vaguely describing a helper AI assigned to her. They then had a lengthy session of therapy and reeducation, which ended with some prescriptive medicine given to Helene. Once this was done, Helene left the clinic.

(...)

Suddenly as she was exiting the clinic, the wind blew a piece of paper under her shoe, causing her to trip forward. Al reacted immediately, moving forward to catch her mistress- but before he could get to her, a stranger who was right there when Helene tripped dextrously caught her in their arms. Helene felt strong arms catching her in a controlled, protective embrace. Al instantly entered aggression mode, adopting a battle stance and giving a warning to the stranger.

"Are you okay miss?"

This powerful voice came from a muscular woman with jet black hair and eyes as deep as black pearls. She was wearing a casual set of clothes that perfectly outlined her toned body, also showing in some parts traces of implants in her body.

"Release the mistress, or I will have to resort to lethal force according to my protocol."

The woman carefully let Helene go, still holding her by the hand to make sure she could stand up. Al remained on guard, but lowered its aggressiveness.

"There, you don't seem hurt. What a relief, you worried me there."

Turning toward Al, the mistress ordered him to stand down.
"Al, standby."

"You have my sincerest thanks. What would be the name of my gallant savior?" She said with a porcelain smile.

"Abigail. The pleasure was mine. Now if you will excuse me I have some errands to do." Replied the cool woman with a confident smile.

The CUPID system sent you waves after waves of simulations using the 5 slots allocated to your pairing. A notification informed you now was a critical deviation event, and according to CUPID analysis acting now would have significant repercussions.

Suggestions
A - Ask Abigail if she is free later, so that Helene can thank her. [No Difficulty (Pairing x5)]
Outcome: +Opinion (Abigail) / Increased effect due to OTP Pairing / Further opportunities involving Abigail...

B - Bid her goodbye, but take her contact info. [No Difficulty (Pairing x5)]
Outcome: +Opinion (Abigail) / Increased effect due to OTP Pairing.

C - Something else?

Spoiler: Beep Boop (OTP Cabal) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 03:01:22 am by Nakéen »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2022, 03:03:46 am »

for the love of god suggestion A

Also buy a secret "something related to Al and Eri Preset suppression."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid [Playtest] [3/4] - Open to NPC submissions!
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2022, 03:22:45 am »

Also buy a secret "something related to Al and Eri Preset suppression."[/b]

-1 InfoCredit
Al and Eri's Low-Security Secret A unlocked

Quote from: C-Broker
Greetings. Thank you for using the CUPID Information Marketplace, I am the CUPID AI Broker.

One InfoCredit has been substracted from your account.

The requested information has been transferred to your database.

Attendants Albert and Erica had their Preset suppressed by their other primary master: Helena Teanossa, current heiress of the Teanossa family and clone of Helene. The allegiance of the Attendants was not altered by the suppression, and the reason for the suppression is more complicated than it appears. The Preset suppression of the two Attendants involves an accord of security Tier 3 between Helena and the parents of Helene.

Another point of importance. Al and Eri rebelled against the Teanossa family when their mistress was disinherited, and it is a certainty they would immediately turn back on the Teanossa family were their Presets fully reenabled.

In addition to a Preset suppression, the two Attendants have been confirmed to directly report to Helena. Most notably, they send daily reports of Helene's activities and the progression of her recovery.

The updated sections are bolded.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 02:49:42 pm by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18