Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 973055 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5385 on: February 03, 2014, 04:36:49 am »

That ought to help her use it. Still not too reliable but high power.

Come to think of it, Thera has decent MAG and massive MIND, so she is probably the most effective user in the party. Especially since she isn't heavily Creation or Void aligned.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: February 03, 2014, 04:56:18 am »

hmm, Rags modifications to the combat system seem useful.

I've PMd Elf a lot to learn how the stuff works once I get to my plot, and he told me that for damage, roll a d6, multiply with 5.

Thats...rather low, compared to the average health things have in this game.

1d20+strength/mag seems reasonable to me, it should speed combat up.

As for multiple actions, what about reactions? How many attacks can come unto a single target until said target is no longer able to dodge all of them?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: February 03, 2014, 05:09:07 am »

Not entirely sure, I think it's just a roll for each and rather than having a hard limit, the chance of passing every dodge/resist roll decreases with the quantity of rolls. Though depending on the attack, other factors apply.

For example, if an enemy stands still and charges an entropy shield, they won't get a dodge or resist roll against a distortion shot as it moves at c fraction speeds and will be unaffected or even enhanced by the field. Though attacks like that tend to come with a drawback.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: February 03, 2014, 05:39:55 am »

Man, would like to enter combat now, but I have class soon, but will join in once I am back. Though I must wonder just how affected angels are by accupuncture. I mean, they are using human bodies as vessels, and the accupressure fucks with the flow of magic within the body - it should do something, right?

((apart from that, humm, we are looking at 30-40 dex and 40-50 str on the red-head alone, coupled with probably a high end and a high mind as well. Hah, and when I asked Elf on "what kinda stats does an enemy superior to the players have" he told me "a pool of 100". Man, I really need to polish up some of the already statted villains for my plot, after the angels even the final boss looks like a pushover...))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: February 03, 2014, 05:42:42 am »

Well, if you consider their use as a vessel to be theurgy, yes. Could fuck with their connection to the actual angels. Assuming of course she manages to get close enough. The shield may be reactivated and the new weapon can't even damage it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 05:44:17 am by Empiricist »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: February 03, 2014, 05:45:39 am »

Both of them have begun charging at us, assuming the shield follows the one who cast it, at least one of them is currently unshielded..unless we all stand really close together

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: February 03, 2014, 05:49:56 am »

Yeah, that could work then. I wonder if luring them into the antimagic field would work?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: February 03, 2014, 06:15:27 am »

If my understanding of entropy is correct, the anti-magic barriers would decay faster, even temporarily stop working. May be wrong though.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: February 03, 2014, 07:58:28 am »

Random thought I had.

Since Cyrielle's thingies cause small explosions when introduced to lower density than the previous surface would that mean that Cyrielle could level a small building in theory?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: February 03, 2014, 08:36:37 am »

Well, if you consider their use as a vessel to be theurgy, yes. Could fuck with their connection to the actual angels. Assuming of course she manages to get close enough. The shield may be reactivated and the new weapon can't even damage it.

Excellent idea, am on it. Time to send those angels to hell.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: February 03, 2014, 09:01:11 am »

Usually you keep your peaceful position. Especially when then enemy has a nike while you have a water pistol.
I think the water pistol would win. With a Nike, you've got one shot, and it's not terribly accurate. Or long-ranged.

If the enemy is already pushing the red button then all you can do is hide.
No, no, you stand next to them. Take them with you.

Kyle is now officially, the dumbest person in this RP. OFFICIAL.
It wasn't official when Nuriel started calling him out on his dumbness?
"Hey!"

No one bothered to try and reason.
Yes, they did. The guys who told you to stop attacking?

There's no reason for Kyle to want to save any of Yuri's family given what they've done to her.
True, but this is more than Yuri. This is the world!

The angel is just doing what it was told to do and not actively bad.
When a beehive gets attacked by a bear, do they worry about if the bear is being "bad" by doing so? No, they attack it. Now imagine that the bear is a bearthulhu who will not only smash their current beehive, but also all other beehives in the forest, and by the way the forest is turning into a barren wasteland and everything in it is going to die.

He was threatned by the person earlier in time and meant harm to people.
True, but not putting this aside given the exceptional circumstances is precisely why we are calling him stupid.

So yeah, just as a note, if this ends up requireing emergency evac (possible, I have contingencies in place, but yeah) it's Kyle's fault. He could within reason be tying up Seles completely and running Tank while everyone else wails on her and shit, and that would probably help immensely since he's the only team tank right now IIRC.
I dunno, Bismuth, Spooky, and maybe Neferis are kinda tanky. And do we really have no summo...right, Elf's characters have all the summons.

on a related note.
Hey Akroma. I think I fixed your complaints about things not being hard enough in combat :P
There's a middle ground between "Cakewalk" and "Every Mook is a Bossfight," you know.

-snip-
Let's hear it from Elf. That makes Dex sound pretty darn broken.

If yomiko can use it, she has a mag 10 and mind 50
Why is she smarter than Will?

I've PMd Elf a lot to learn how the stuff works once I get to my plot, and he told me that for damage, roll a d6, multiply with 5.

Thats...rather low, compared to the average health things have in this game.

1d20+strength/mag seems reasonable to me, it should speed combat up.
Indeed. But again, let's hear it from Elf.

Time to send those angels to hell.
I approve of this idea, even if it's not what you meant.

"...Stop scaring our creationist!"
Our...
We need to find a different word for Selina's magic. See, I tend to associate "Creationist" with some form of "idiot".
Don't get offended I'm talking about the idiots who literally believe the first chapter or so of Genesis and try to find scientific evidence to shut up shut up...

N'thara is comforting Lyle.
We'll, she's trying to, at least.
"You will calm down! Or else!"
...That idea was a lot better in my head.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: February 03, 2014, 09:03:31 am »

Yeah... I really couldn't think of a better word at the time...
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: February 03, 2014, 09:04:05 am »

I dunno, Bismuth, Spooky, and maybe Neferis are kinda tanky. And do we really have no summo...right, Elf's characters have all the summons.

Depends on how you define tanky, I guess.

Also, how in Shis'm Caes's name does Kyle have 725 HP?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: February 03, 2014, 09:08:57 am »

sigh...:(

now we have to wait until Rag comes around, not to mention all those people in the fight who havfe yet to take a turn..

:(

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: February 03, 2014, 09:09:19 am »

Also, how in Shis'm Caes's name does Kyle have 725 HP?
*checks stats*

Endurance 9 or 14, Strength 19 or 22.
Let's go with the higher guesses and assume that that's what it is with the leveling up and stuff.
14*5=70
22*2=44
70+44=114
114*3=342
I have no idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 1030